Tsubasa Chronicle

RecklessAngel

[sadht=Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle]Tsubasa Chronicle[/sadht][sadhl=936]tsubasa-chronicle[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Just got the RAW (couldn't wait)...

not gonna do a review, since I suck at such things... no, really. I do.
but here are some thoughts:

OP, good... but, not great.
backgroundmusic sound... kajiura-ish. (that means it's good).
EDIT nevermind.. it IS Kajiura Yuki.

Voice:
.. hmmm...
for those not in the know... in Tsubasa, you'll see characters from all of CLAMP's other anime and manga series.
whoever, they decided to not have the original voice actors redo their roles in this series...
at first, it feels kinda weird... but the voice-actors they have now, aren't bad choices at all.
(I was at first most opposed to Syaoran's VA being he who did Daisuke's voice in D.N.Angel... but even that voice has grown on me).

Art:
... Tsubasa has a very distinct style... which is both similar to -and very dissimilar- to CLAMP's other works... most especially their depiction of feathers and wings... very distinct, indeed.
also, Syaoran and Sakura are more lean and grown up now than in Cardcaptor Sakura, for instance...
it's a nice style. I like it. =^_^=

anyway.. I'll continue watching this now.

ja ne =^_^=

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this show be lost on those that haven't seen that many shows by clamp, me for example. I've only seen Chobits, Angelic Layer, a little CC Sakura and a little Rayearth.

Aydan said:
Will this show be lost on those that haven't seen that many shows by clamp, me for example. I've only seen Chobits, Angelic Layer, a little CC Sakura and a little Rayearth.
Actually the only real connection this show has to any other CLAMP shows is the characters. The story and everything is all original, not taken from other CLAMP shows.

I liked how this show looks so far. I really liked the opening theme especially.

So...

it's like an 'alternate' reality thing.

A show that reuses characters, but doesn't...continue from the previous story lines right?

It's more of a throw in similar characters with same names, and make new show?

So like Sakura and Lei in this show have no idea about clow cards and the other CCS characters and jr high, tokyo and stuff like that right?

Shift_ said:
So...

A show that reuses characters, but doesn't...continue from the previous story lines right?

So like Sakura and Lei in this show have no idea about clow cards and the other CCS characters and jr high, tokyo and stuff like that right?
Yep.

I really like the new character designs, they're much more mature than the ones from CCS. I also really enjoyed the opening theme.

<Waits patiently for the appearance of Sorata and Arashi>

after watching this i cant help but think this is what CLAMP would have done if they made the .hack anime. I mean same music, same art style, same settings. the only thing thats changed is its got CLAMP all over it. to many similarites. first ep was promising but so was .hacks first ep, i pray it willl be good.

This show rocks, though I shouldnt have seen the first episode, I cant wait for the next one, the wait will kill me :/

Shift_ said:
So...

I like to think of this as the ultimate crossover fanfic, just written by CLAMP. ^_^

If you read the XXXholic, yuuko mentions the real sakura and shoyran and she had some sort fo relashoship with clow reed. so as she says this oair is them from an alternate universe which of course is why shes the demensinal witch

I like the show but not the character design. I don't know why but I believe because it is not typical the design of CLAMP.
Here in Germany are only the first 2 manga of xxxHolic and Tsubasa avaible so it will be surprising how the story goes on. Can't wait to see the next ep. Someone know how much ep. it wil be in the end?

ep 01:

Hmmm... ok, that was a slow start. The first ep didn't blow me away, I might have been expecting too much, it was kinda boring until 5 min before the end. The background art is beautiful, but the rest looks average to me. I can't help but to feel like Sakuras voice actress is a new to the field. I don't know maybe that's just me. The music is great. OP/ED are also good.

Well, I'll give this one a chance. The music for one will keep me coming back for more. For now it's 7 out of 10.

BTW Let me guess feathers = cards?

Well, this is no Futakoi Alternative ( :sweat: ), so it'll probably go in slow.

I didn't compare this with Futakoi Alternative you or any other anime.
I just thought it had a slow opening (last 5 min where ok) for a show people are so excited about.

ep two has aired.

They move forward quite a bit faster than in the manga, that's for sure... and there's no arashi-dono in sight =>_<=
though... chapter two of the manga was spent pretty much explaining *everything* about this next place they go to... which would have made for a rather boring episode, regardless of the fact that it's sorata and arashi talking. :\ ah well.

Reckless Angel said:
ep two has aired.

They move forward quite a bit faster than in the manga, that's for sure... and there's no arashi-dono in sight =>_<=
though... chapter two of the manga was spent pretty much explaining *everything* about this next place they go to... which would have made for a rather boring episode, regardless of the fact that it's sorata and arashi talking. :\ ah well.

Thankyou !!! :laugh:

Back