Rokka no Yuusha

Re: Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced, but at the same time I have a terrible feeling that I'm going to be disappointed.

^ Well it IS being done by a shitty studio.

But being directed by Takeo Takahashi so im hoping he can scrap something together.

This seems like one of those series, that will either be really boring and average or really good
Well I'm gonna give this one a chance atleast.
It'll have 2-3 eps to make it's case and then I'll pass the judgement.

Ep1

Premise is lacking originality but the first episode was executed well. The MC has a unique style of fighting and while I have seen types like him, he is relatively entertaining.

I'm sucked in for the moment.

Episode 1
I enjoyed it quite a bit and am definitely looking forward to more. It's primarily been nothing but information so far, but it was still very interesting and not boring in the slightest. I also like Adlet. It's only the first episode, but I can't help feeling glad that this didn't disappoint. I'm a sucker for the whole "group of unique and interesting heroes set out on an adventure" type of stuff, though.

Episode 1.
I like this Adlet guy. Fights smart, instead of that cliche honorable bullshit. My kind of MC.

Episode 1

I agree with Redneck. With the way he continued to claim that he was the "strongest man in the world", I was expecting him to be a much more typical fighter. I was pleasantly surprised once we actually saw the way he fought. I'm digging the MC.

Probably not much of a spoiler, since it is included in the synopsis, but I'm looking forward to when the seven of them finally meet up, seeing how there's supposed to be only six. I wouldn't mind having an episode of the MC and bunny girl traveling together, but I hope they don't delay the big meeting for too long.
Overall, it was an acceptable first episode. I'll definitely be sticking around.

So far so good. I like his attitude. He's not too smug about it, but he tries to prove himself by backing up his claim. Great fighting style and amazing improve and use of his weapons. However, I do feel that flashback of his training may be abused later on. Hell, it might become its own episode.

I also think that the others may receive a flashback episode as well. They need to be careful about that cause showing six flashbacks would mark the false one easily. I also think the MC may be the enemy. That would make for a fun reveil near the end. Well, him or the blade princess.

I'm going to make a prediction that

The seventh one mentioned in the synopsis is a fake and has been the one killing the other candidates.
Just a hunch.

Well, this is easily my favorite show of the summer season that I've seen so far. I really love the Latin-American-inspired backdrops, clothing, and setting - I found myself enjoying just looking at the random people in the background.

The fight animation was fluid and dynamic, and the MC was charming despite his arrogance. I already like the dynamic between Adlet and the bunny princess, and I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the cast.

My main complaint is the giant infodump, but now that it's out of the way, hopefully more fun action is in store for us. I just hope the series doesn't stumble hard, and keeps being a fun adventure :)

Last edited:

Episode 2.
I already dislike Goldof. He seems like he's gonna be an annoying hindrance for the princess. Speaking of, I like the dynamic she has with Adlet. Those two work well off each other. And...crazy Brave killing gun lady...that ain't good.

Ep 2 - Enjoying the dynamic between the princess N (someday I'll be able to spell her name) and Adlet.
They have some great chemistry, and while there is more expositing going on, their conversations also seem natural and add to their personalities.

And yey, two more Braves? I am intrigued by both.

Last edited:

Episode 3.
Boy, Speeddraw is a real ray of sunshine. I bet she's a real gas at parties. Adlet proves once again he's a slick talking, badass mo-fo. Goldov isn't annoying me like I expected. And...Brave fight.
Good stuff.

Episode 3

I'm liking this so far. It's not my favorite series of the season, but I find myself looking forward to new episodes every Saturday. It seems to be moving at a nice pace and I'm starting to really like the characters.

Adlet surprised me again this episode. When he turned his back to Fremy, I assumed it would be the typical "MC putting his complete trust into a stranger to win him/her over" type of the thing, but no, he had a mirror on her the entire time. Adlet might be my favorite MC of the season so far.

On another note, I don't trust Goldof, the knight that's with the bunny girl. Something about him just doesn't sit well with me. To me, it seems like he might actually be the fake and met Fremy ahead of time, tried to kill her and failed, but is now claiming that she's the fake so that the other Braves attack her on sight. She's probably saying that they'll try to kill each other because she thinks Goldof has already told the others. Maybe he already met the other Braves outside of Adlet and the bunny girl and told them that Fremy was a fake, leading to them having a confrontation with her early on, which could be why she was concerned about Adlet trying to kill her immediately.

I'm grasping at straws here, but I definitely don't trust Goldof at this point.

Episode 4

Looks like I was wrong last week. Regardless, the Braves finally meet up in this episode and we're briefly introduced to the rest of the cast. As far as I'm aware, this is only getting 12 episodes, so I'm surprised they took 4 before getting the entire cast together. I'm enjoying the slower pace, though.

That spinning camera towards the end was starting to get me dizzy.

Episode 4.
Everyone is here. Time to places your bets on who the the traitor is.
It's obviously not Adlet. Hans is too obvious. And Speeddraw is too obvious too. That leaves the princess, Goldov, the kid or the chick...I'm putting my money on the princess.

Back