Daughter of Twenty Faces

VivisQueen

[sadht=Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief, Nijuu-Mensou no Musume]Daughter of Twenty Faces[/sadht][sadhl=1902]daughter-of-twenty-faces[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Girl ends up working for master thief. Interesting premise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Daughter of Twenty Faces

ah spoilers, it burns, hmm is it good to watch???
i need a reviewers opinion

Episode 1: Poor animation which reminds me a lot of 90s Western kids shows. Like the movements are not that consistent. Character designs are nice, though - simple and pleasant to look at. I do like the world concept, which is reminiscent of that 1940s Europe - it's similar to the stuff you'd find in Pumpkin Scissors, FMA, Last Exile etc only without the fantasy elements.

Despite the overdone cheesy 'master thief' element and the poor animated movements, there's definitely enough here to keep me watching. I think it's going to be a classic sort of adventure story.

so victoria style storyline with crap animation... i can deal with it..
I'll check it out for myself and get back to how it is.

Don't really find the animation distracting at all. I think it suits the storyline well.

Episode 3: If it continues like this, it'll be my favourite after Code Geass for this season. Twenty Faces is no Lelouch, but damn this anime is fun. Like a proper adventure you would have wished for when you were eleven.

ps: add recs if you can think of any! :D i could only think of one for zaizen jotaro, but if there are others people can think of, it would mean there's more than only mine ^_^

this show somehow is a bit awkward... its the mimic and gesture... somethings just not right here. though the rest seems quite ok: i won't drop it :D

I like this quite a bit, though it's definitely not a mass audience show. It vaguely feels old school for a reason I can't put my finger on which was a plus for me.

The animation is fine by me. The action is a bit stiff; but if you're looking for action then you'll have more gripes with this than just that. I think the best comparison I can come up with that most people can understand is think Black Cat during its serious parts without the childish and over-the-top shounen and comedy.

The show isn't as pompous about its intelligence like Death Note while still showing it and Chiko is interesting enough to keep me going. This is one of three shows this season that I'm trying to keep up with as I get my hands on the episodes.

I'm enjoying the series so far. It's always nice to see a Lupin-esque show, from time to time.

At first I thought the setting and art style were bad, but after watching two episodes I realized this show wasn't terrible at all. Now after five I just want more and more of it. Just hoping the series stays at the same level until the end.

For those of you that can't seem to get past the old-school animation, you're missing out on what looks to be possibly the best anime this season.

Episode 6: I can only strongly reemphasise what BTime just said. After watching this episode all I can say is I screamed out loud. I actually went WHAT THE FUCK OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK WHAT! THE! FUCK!

Favourites this season:
1. Code Geass
2. Daughter of Twenty Faces (just overtook Mnemosyne)
3. Mnemosyne

Episode 6
wow, this is REALLY impressive for a show I picked just because I liked it's name. Can't do nothing but agree with Vivi and BT, clearly one of the best anime this season.

HOLY SHIT! HOW!? OMFG! THEY REALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY MOLY! OMFG!
I NEVER IMAGINED SOMETHING LIKE THIS! CAPS LOCK!

HOLY SHIT! HOW!? OMFG! THEY REALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY MOLY! OMFG!
I NEVER IMAGINED SOMETHING LIKE THIS! CAPS LOCK!

Ahahaha! I wonder which of us two screamed the loudest after that scene.

I didn't scream, but was totally speechless. Live-Evil really knows how to pick em'. Wow!

Episode 6:
I'm dumb-struck.

Last edited:

Yeah the last episode was awesome.
The fansubers must be pretty dumb-struck,too since they have yet to release an episode.

Live-Evil has a past history of releasing when they feel it's ready, but the qualitiy is always high. Wouldn't be surprised if they released a few episodes all at once.

Back