Bakemonogatari

azanimefan

[sadht]Bakemonogatari[/sadht][sadhl=2470]bakemonogatari[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

(according to the GF, the title translates to Monster or Ghost Story, though how it's written in japanese the best way to write it in english would be... "Ghostory")

AP Synopsis:

Koyomi Araragi is an aloof boy who holds a strange, supernatural secret which inadvertently leads him to others with similar stories. Gods, spirits and afflictions can be pesky things, taking important memories or causing unusual tendencies – a fact that Koyomi and others are unfortunately aware of. Using the help of an eccentric homeless man, Koyomi is able to help new friends he meets along the way with their own paranormal conundrums…

Last edited:
ok... i can't claim to get everything that happened in episode 1. this anime isn't subbed... and my GF is an unreliable translator (she tends to get too absorbed to translate for me). This is yet another anime on my GF's must watch list for this summer and i wasn't expecting much as i don't like vampire stories.

that said.. this had a really psychedelic surreal random animation style, that was very reminiscent of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei because of the complete craziness. That said... the animation was gorgeous, the story bizarre in the extreme (from what i could tell) and the main female character was absolutely crazy

she stapled the main character's cheek with a stapler, after threatening to give him a health ledger/joker smile with a box cutter!

totally insane. Definitely look forward to subs, and more episodes. I want to figure out what's going on! I'm lost! lol

no clue. i don't know if anyone is planning to sub this. remember it took Eden of the East like 2 or 3 weeks before someone finally picked it up to be subbed.

Shame, just watching the Raw and getting my gf's half assed translation really interested me with this one. It looked rather good.

ok... thank my gf and her hyper otaku self... but she hunted down who's subbing this one... it seems maybe 4 separate fan subbing groups are taking a crack at it.

Frostii, II-Subs, Yuurisan-Subs and Sora...

According to Frostii, this anime will take a lot of work to sub due to a heavy reliance on signs... and written "shots" much like SZS... but they hope to release it subbed soon. With 4 fan subbing groups trying to sub it, this one must be a beast to do considering it's not released yet by anyone.

but atleast we don't have to worry about this one getting forgotten like blade of the immortal was... in mid season...

Um... wow?

The animation was great, the OP was.. how do I put it, mysterious? I don't know.. The ED was really good with some nice art work.

The psychological aspect of this was really good, it kept me on my toes. Anyways, great 1st episode, I'm looking forward to more of this. Really blew me out of the water since I had no plans of watching it to begin with.

yeah.. im glad i got to watch it subbed.. twice through with my gf translating didn't help much... not that the subs help a whole lot for figuring out where it's heading... but really, this anime is quite fascinating... and visually its gorgeous.

i like the art in this, the story looks weird though, reminds me of Chaos Head in another weird way.

p.s. whats a GF?

^ GF = Girlfriend

Looks pretty neat, I usually don't like SHAFT's abstract art, but it fits here quite well. Story is a bit lame but brought with a great presentation. Let's see what episode 2 has in store.

First episode had a bit of vagueness, a good amount of creepiness and a huge amount of interesting. Wasn't planning on following much this season, but I'm adding this to the list!

I'm intrigued for sure. I think it's going to be an episodic show with underlining character building and interaction. I suspect a little bit of mindfluffing (ya, I don't pollute virgin ears) to occur as well.
isn't having a psycho right off the bat just wonderful?

lol.. yes. she's a piece of work. I laughed so hard when she proclaimed herself a
tsundere
all i could think is... "yes.. if you think it means crazy as loon, you might be right" I loved her little arsenal of
office supplies
or that line she said about how
"though i might not look it. I'm probably not worth the jail time to rape" (or something to that effect, however she said it, it certainly was an amazing bit of bragging on herself... though i might not look it? roflol.. what a silly way to phrase it)

I mean what type of crazy do you have to be to
wink cutely at a guy when stapling his cheek? Then proclaiming she was impressed he didn't scream in pain when she did it.

yep. definitely caught my attention.

It's certainly got style, and the characters seem decent. Not a whole lot to it yet, but it seems like it'll be pretty good(I hope, at least).

plenty of fanservice in ep 2... she was just horrible teasing him like that.

overall, a surprisingly funny ep if my gf's on the fly translation was right.

looks like the first 2 eps were sorta a warm-up to get us into the world and characters... as they resolved the weight crab issue pretty easily. Definately looking forward to more eps of this.

I'm liking it a lot so far.

It sort of strikes me as a cross between Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Mononoke. ^^;

Back