Vampire Knight Guilty

ukifune

Vampire Knight Guilty

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

So I just got finished watching the third episode of Vampire Knight: Guilty... and it seems like the second season of this show is getting off to a great start! I've been on edge watching the first few episodes!

I feel really positive about the rest of the season; the story jumped right back into all the tension and drama that I've been waiting to see since the end of the last season.

I haven't read the manga, but I am totally in love with all the characters in this show and the love triangle that's leaving me looking both ways. Kaname and Zero are becoming stronger and more interesting characters each episode and Yuuki is getting even more confused, with so much in her hands.

What did you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Vampire Knight: Guilty

I finished episode three, and I'm not that impressed. The first season was decent, but I was hoping for some more plot development. There have been entirely too many scenes in which Kiryu plays the tough guy and acts coldly toward Yuuki, while she hangs around him like some dewy-eyed puppy. I'd probably enjoy the series more if I felt anything for the characters, but the only one that arouses any sort of emotion in me is Kaname, and only because I'm curious about his aim.

watching this show is like going fishing.... you'll wait forever for anything substantial to happen with quite a bit of drinking in-between.

watching this show is like going fishing.... you'll wait forever for anything substantial to happen with quite a bit of drinking in-between.

and I have a feeling, whatever substantial thing does occur, won't be that interesting, plot-wise

Kaname might stir up the pot a bit though, I don't know.

But I do love the characters... mostly watching for them :)

Hm, I wonder though.

Since Kiryu sucked Kaname's pure blood, doesn't he not turn into a level-e vampire? Well if so, (which it seems like it because he stopped going through serious mind attacks for blood like he did in the first season) why hasn't anyone noticed that he is not getting any worse?

I'm confused about that too.

I just finished episode 5 and I thought I missed episodes because Kaname was offering his blood so Zero wouldn't go to level E. So I guess he has to get a fix of Kaname blood every once and awhile?

yes he does... at least: that's what i got from watching the eps so far

i totaly love this series, ep 5 was soooo nice :smile:

I love the homo-erotic tone when zero sucks kaname's blood. I usually don't go for that kinda stuff but for some reason this show just makes it hot....omg what is this show turning me into! :...:

I love the homo-erotic tone when zero sucks kaname's blood. I usually don't go for that kinda stuff but for some reason this show just makes it hot....omg what is this show turning me into! :...:

Haha! So true! I wouldn't worry about it yet, not until you start going crazy buying Yaoi manga or something. I think they're both hot... it's hard for me to pick favorites.
So...
if they bite each other, it's all good to me ^_^ Can you say fan service? "Don't forget who gave you this blood...." ^_^
I thought it was hot when Kaname slashed his nails across Zero's chest though... does that worry me? No... but it might mean I have a blood fetish.

:smile:

I thought episode five was okay, but the sudden scene cuts kinda threw me off... dunno if it was just me...

LOL This show makes no sense if thing about it. They are at some sort of high school with humans in the day class and vampires in the night class. Nothing ever takes place during school, so even though the school is the main backdrop, you never get the sense that it is in fact a school setting. It plays more like a crap dracula movie. Just image the school is Draculas castle, and those very very very few humans are down in the lil ol village. Other than comparing it to a vampire movie,...there is nothing worthwhile to say about this hunk of garbage. There are so many good anime going on atm, why anyone should watch this burnt biscuit is beyond me.

Episode 7
Okay, so I just watched the raw version of it and omg. This has been the episode I have been waiting for... I have read the manga so I knew this was coming. I just have to let my inner fan girl out to squeel a little bit. This will probably be my fav episode, mainly because it is my fav manga chapter, but I am happy about the way they added an extra day in there for Rido to make some havoc.

Episode 7
Okay, so I just watched the raw version of it and omg. This has been the episode I have been waiting for... I have read the manga so I knew this was coming. I just have to let my inner fan girl out to squeel a little bit. This will probably be my fav episode, mainly because it is my fav manga chapter, but I am happy about the way they added an extra day in there for Rido to make some havoc.

so okay, i was freaked out the entire episode myself, so much movement and change.... but what the hell about kaname and yuki being siblings? did he implant that memory in her head or what? i mean I kinda expected something like siblings to come up but under what circumstanes?

also, I have been waiting for him to bite her this whole time, and I am happy that it caught me a little bit off guard, at last, he did it! it was great...

Great episode this week really

LOL This show makes no sense if thing about it. They are at some sort of high school with humans in the day class and vampires in the night class. Nothing ever takes place during school, so even though the school is the main backdrop, you never get the sense that it is in fact a school setting. It plays more like a crap dracula movie. Just image the school is Draculas castle, and those very very very few humans are down in the lil ol village. Other than comparing it to a vampire movie,...there is nothing worthwhile to say about this hunk of garbage. There are so many good anime going on atm, why anyone should watch this burnt biscuit is beyond me.

OMG..........just no....
Vampire Knight owns totally in every way

I still have to see episode 6 and 7 but i wanted to wait abit so i could watch like 3 in a row =]

I read the manga anyways though so i kno what happens

Seems like it's gunna get interesting =]

so okay, i was freaked out the entire episode myself, so much movement and change.... but what the hell about kaname and yuki being siblings? did he implant that memory in her head or what? i mean I kinda expected something like siblings to come up but under what circumstanes?

also, I have been waiting for him to bite her this whole time, and I am happy that it caught me a little bit off guard, at last, he did it! it was great...

Great episode this week really

About that implanted memory - well, it will probably be explained later. At least in manga it was... I was looking forward for this part... though I feel a bit sorry for Zero (hope I'm not falling for the "bad guy" again I'm kinda sick of it) :frustrat:

OMG..........just no....

Just ignore him... He bashes everything anyhow, and he will keep bashing if you keep going against his opinion...

I doubt that Yuuki really is Kaname's sister... I agree with an implanted memory, but now she is a vampire as well... I think it might produce some tension between Yuuki and Zero...

OMG..........just no....
Vampire Knight owns totally in every way

Honestly I have to disagree. the only people that make such statements are those that have read the manga or those that know what is going to happen. Personally I have NOT read the manga and do not intend to. The anime fails miserably from what I have seen so far. The entire first season was trash, it's honestly amazing I haven't dropped this. Reason being is because the diehard addicted manga fans are constantly screaming "It will get better just sit through the trash." Honestly this series is driving me insane with the wait. For a series with a projected 26 episodes, having to wade through 18 terrible episodes before anything interesting happens is honestly pure and utter bullshit. 75% of the series before SOMETHING happens! Wtf? Season 1 had a VERY noticeable drop in animation quality fairly often and most of the characters were boring and seemingly useless and unnecessary. You don't even need to see the first season to be able to follow this! Everything is laid out for you in the second season. Every single thing you saw in the first season that matters has been clearly pointed out in the second. It's ridiculous, a complete waste of 13 episodes! They could have done so much more with this. It's truly disappointing and so far has been a complete waste of time.

As an anime this is fail, just because the manga is as you say "Epic" does not mean the anime will follow suit. We've seen the same thing with other animes in the past. Fruits Basket fell far short of expectations in the past as an example. This seems to be one of those that will be looked upon as "what it could have been" in the end. This is far from perfect and it leaves a lot to be desired.

However I will say it's finally nice to see some development, it just would have been much better if it didn't take so bloody long since this will be a 26 episode series. They could have completely skipped the first 13 episodes and made 13 to tack on after this season instead. I personally think it would have been better that way and less of a royal disappointment overall.

Honestly I have to disagree. the only people that make such statements are those that have read the manga or those that know what is going to happen. Personally I have NOT read the manga and do not intend to. The anime fails miserably from what I have seen so far. The entire first season was trash, it's honestly amazing I haven't dropped this. Reason being is because the diehard addicted manga fans are constantly screaming "It will get better just sit through the trash." Honestly this series is driving me insane with the wait. For a series with a projected 26 episodes, having to wade through 18 terrible episodes before anything interesting happens is honestly pure and utter bullshit. 75% of the series before SOMETHING happens! Wtf? Season 1 had a VERY noticeable drop in animation quality fairly often and most of the characters were boring and seemingly useless and unnecessary. You don't even need to see the first season to be able to follow this! Everything is laid out for you in the second season. Every single thing you saw in the first season that matters has been clearly pointed out in the second. It's ridiculous, a complete waste of 13 episodes! They could have done so much more with this. It's truly disappointing and so far has been a complete waste of time.

Well i'd agree to dissagree then, i think both the anime and the manga are very well constructed with great plot and character development, although it can be a little slow at times

I dont really need to explain all this, some people just have favourites just because they like them, regardless of some/or the majority of mistakes in an anime/manga

However i would say the anime is far from a failure and is very precise to the manga where most animes do fail to get as close to the manga as can be done

Ahwell your opinion and what not, i ent here to change it, i just think Vampire Knight on the whole is great so w.e =]

I don't think this is that good of a show, but I'm enjoying it anyway because I'm a sucker for things with vampires.

Back