(old) signatures are now auto updating

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
for those of you with OLD signatures, they do still exist and you can still link to them (you'd put https://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/yourusernamehere.jpg).

i've successfully recoded the system so that the sigs will update along with your anime list updates. a cron job runs every 5 minutes to do the updates, so if you update your list, there might be a small delay in updating it.

this is the first step in getting the "create a new sig" feature working, so this is good!

no, i have no eta on other stuff, please don't ask.

sorta... at least,the old ones are updating :)

ps: ill do you a favor once i eat dinner and will fix your color1 to be black, so you can read whats on your sig :p

you need to change your anime list (change a status or episode count) to get it to update the first time...itll update whenever your list is updated (and its getting hooked up to the top 5 anime thing as well for people who choose that).

Ok, seems to have worked now. Good stuff, thanks much. Now I need to figure out how to apply it to my forum posts I guess.

Rofl, nm, it just showed up for the first time... :p

* Hmmm, it isn't working on other forums though. Giving me "Invalid URL" =\

Last edited:
make sure you are using the exact capitalization. in your case:
http: //www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/ZerosReign.jpg (without the space before //)

what exactly are you trying to put into your sig section there? can you paste the code here? (put spaces after the = or something so itll show up)

The same .JPG link that you posted above (minus the <space> obviously).

It says 'Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website'. I enter it, and it says 'Invalid URL'.

it might not like the - in the url... there's a box where you can paste bbcode, right?

load up your user cp in here, go to your signature, and cut/paste the code you see there :)

It doesn't like

If you can, ignore the blank for an offsite image, and just plug this code into your sig box:

[noparse] [/noparse]

Back