Highschool of the Dead

captaincrunch

Highschool of the Dead

Apparently no thread on this site exists for the titular (I used a new word :) ) manga, so I figured I'd start one.

I got a bit excited about the new series which begins this summer, so I just recently caught up on the manga. I gotta say it's pretty good, if you don't mind a bit of ecchi.

Lets discuss, so if anyone wants to rant/rave, go for it.

I think it reminds of a nice mix between black lagoon and resident evil. Too bad it's not farther along yet. I wonder that means for the anime version.

I also started reading Sato's other work, Triage X, which is also pretty entertaining, but it doesn't have an entry in the manga database.

Yep, ive also recently read all the releases, and it has certainly caught my imagination :)

But really, everything about the manga is quite good, and even if their is ecchi, the plot around is still very decent.

And the anime trailer looks AWESOME

Just read Act 26

Nice chapter, not too much happened, so it was a bit boring, but it's just nice to have a continuation of the story finally. It was also kinda nice to see
Shizuka-sensei started acting like an adult and not another highschooler :)

Sucks, but looks like Act 27 won't be released until September 9.

Well indeed,it was a good chapter the last one ^.^ For me it isn't boring,It's good some "more normal" stuff -if I can call them normal,LOL - is happening besides the Z's and fighting and such.
Waiting to see for the next chapter :D

Yeah, Hirano is a pretty good character.
But im really quite partial to Saeko, i mean shes a bloody sadist, and she aint afraid of admitting it.

Yeah, Hirano is a pretty good character.
But im really quite partial to Saeko, i mean shes a bloody sadist, and she aint afraid of admitting it.

I'm sure one of these chapters will eventually involve her in a leather outfit with a whip. :laugh:

I'm sure one of these chapters will eventually involve her in a leather outfit with a whip. :laugh:

and ya' bet that she damned would still be looking Good.I like her as well..I wish I wold be more like that character. :baka:
as well,killing some Z's is always a nice way to enjoy your days this summer..wuut! Well,this is at least for me!
A good sport I would say :P

as well,killing some Z's is always a nice way to enjoy your days this summer..wuut! Well,this is at least for me!
A good sport I would say :P

Id rather be the spectator :)
Dying zombies and a damn hot chick, is for too hard to resist.

Id rather be the spectator :)
Dying zombies and a damn hot chick, is for too hard to resist.

You better pay for the ticket,ya' know?In life nothing is for free. :laugh:
Lol-oH really?:O I would like to fight a Z..xD
I really wonder what the next chapter will bring :D

That make a bloody killing from it.
After all, everyone likes watching zombies getting their heads cut off.

God im getting impatient from waiting so long between chapters...

That make a bloody killing from it.
After all, everyone likes watching zombies getting their heads cut off.

God im getting impatient from waiting so long between chapters...

I am the same..eager to know what they will manage to do.^^
uhh..at least Anime/mang-cause Movies with humans zombies[THAT I can not watch >.>] to creepy.

I am the same..eager to know what they will manage to do.^^
uhh..at least Anime/mang-cause Movies with humans zombies[THAT I can not watch >.>] to creepy.

yeah, ive lost all interest in actual movies with human zombies...they are all the same in the end.

and its always easier and more fun, to watch z's being blown to pieces when its animated/drawn....
no idea why, it just is :)

yeah, ive lost all interest in actual movies with human zombies...they are all the same in the end.

and its always easier and more fun, to watch z's being blown to pieces when its animated/drawn....
no idea why, it just is :)

Yes exactly! I totally agree there with the first statement ^^ and maybe cause being animated or drawn doesn't make it to seem soo real! :...:
But it's better that way anyways.. XD

One of the only mangas i kept reading till the end (so far). Mostly because of the anime but as manga its still pretty good.

Well, so far the anime is following the manga pretty closely, and if it continues to do that then its bound to continue being a good anime. :)
But, im still not sure whether it is as good as the manga...perhaps just personal preference.

Well, so far the anime is following the manga pretty closely, and if it continues to do that then its bound to continue being a good anime. :)
But, im still not sure whether it is as good as the manga...perhaps just personal preference.

Well that's rare in many cases. I'm enjoying this so far with little complaints, hell, I'm starting to dig the fanservice now. :love:

I think each has their points. I think the manga is better as of now, but any more epic fights and the anime can be on par.

Back