New feature: see all recent recommendations (and hover reasons)

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
We've just added a few small features that might be very interesting to use!

First off, there's now something in the 'reason' column in a person's recommendations page. Check out my recommendations page and hover over the icon in the 'Reason' column to see what I mean.

This same hover functionality for the reason is now on the anime/manga homepages. '# people agree' has been replaced by 'read reason'. You can hover over that image or link for the same tooltip with the rec reason.

Also, we've added a new see all recent recommendations page - it's linked from the anime and manga homepages, in the recent recs area. Technically you can browse all recs ever made (that passed moderation) if you really want. As a note, most of the older ones may look weird in the tooltip for a reason I won't bother getting into, but rest assured it's a known issue. This page is awesome because you can look back through most recent recs and easily hover for the reason, without having to load up each page.

Hope you enjoy these updates!

NOTE: WHEN YOU LOAD UP ANY OF THE ABOVE PAGES, PLEASE DO A HARD REFRESH BEFORE POSTING A BUG - there is a 99% chance you are seeing strangeness such as <p> tags or js errors because you have old cached versions of files - a hard refresh will fix it.

Neat feature!! Now this will make me peek people's recommendations on their profile in the future.:smile::smile:

Edit: I'm excited to see the character features as well! hopefully we can create some rankins with them as well. best of luck for the website creators.

Awesome stuff. I was always too lazy to search through recs to read a reason, when the new rec was added to anime that has 5+ pages of recs already, now I can just hover the mouse and see it. Thanks for your hardwork :]

Back