009-1

Menchi

009-1
(a.k.a Zero Zero Nine One)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Okay, we just started watching 009-1 in a buddy group (sponsored by Find Your Anime Buddy-club), and watched the first episode yesterday. I must say that it was interesting, more so than I expected. The drawing style is not of my favourites but it's something new to me, and I'm always up for a change.

It reminded me of Agent Aika, but with lot less bare skin and much more actual action. And that's something that gives me hope that this one might be a good series ^^

well i suggest you should watch it really give i'm on ep.9 yet it an ok show to watch.

A series with a kind of James Bond element and sexy sexy female cyborgs that have weapons in some pretty interesting places. The main protagonist in the series readily has sex with her marks before she kills them. I like the whole Cold War, spy thing that makes it even more interesting.

i thought the char designs were horrendously awful, the weird droopy noses and just overall grossness

menchi there's some super old chars in help needed, btw, for cyborg 009-1 :D (its been too long since i saw it to remember)

i thought the char designs were horrendously awful, the weird droopy noses and just overall grossness

menchi there's some super old chars in help needed, btw, for cyborg 009-1 :D (its been too long since i saw it to remember)

They were pretty bad. It's funny how the only good looking ones were those female cyborgs, maybe that was the whole point.

Yep, I'll take a look at those submissions once I've gotten a little futher into the series, and add the rest of the characters myself later ^^

Yeah I think the female chars and showing off their curves was kind of the highlight of the character designs, unless you have a nose fetish xD
Watched another ep today, interesting... Just popped into my mind, I wonder if Mylene Hoffman and Mireille from Noir have the same voice actor...? Mylene's voice is kinda unique and I haven't heard that kind of voice in anime, at least not often.

well i been watching it through the english audio version of it.

Watched the second ep today. This ep had kind of a sentimental mood and I lost some interest in it. I thought it was interesting in the part with the colored walkway though, it reminded me of a movie but I can't think of what it was, maybe Logan's Run. 9-1's battle suit is outrageous, it made me laugh. They had to make the back of her suit see-through so you can see her ass, I thought that was pretty funny.

I'm a little behind on watching this due to an unexpected trip to my relatives this weekend, but I'm gonna catch up.

Just watched another ep, dubbed (which I usually despise) and I have to say that my ears didn't bleed listening to the voice actors for the first time and I think I might've enjoyed the show even a little better than with subs. Weird :D Maybe tells something about the talent of the voice actors, or the general dub quality of not so new series I guess.

Watched the last episode tonight. I was not particularly impressed with the ending, it seemed like with the plot they were working with they could have gone for more episodes. You gotta love the exaggerated noses and female forms in this anime. Definetely a lot of emphasis was put into the female characters. I did enjoy the James Bond style spy action and suspense, the show has some rewatch value.

Back