Special A

littlekitty

Does anybody know anything about the Special A anime that is now being produced? I'm really excited for this because I love the Special A manga.

Has anybody else read the Special A manga? It's really good...kinda reminds me of Kare Kano!

Re: S.A (Special A) Anime / Manga

I've read it. I don't really have info on it though. It's a pretty good manga.
I heard they are making Rosario vampire and Vampire knight as well. Looking foward to those.

Special A never felt like Kare Kano to me. It felt more like the usual shoujo-fluff like Kaichou wa Maid-sama! I never found enough depth in it to consider it like KareKano.

But anyways, Rosario's due in Jan. Don't know about the other two. I bet no later than April.

I agree...S.A is not a deep story at all; it relies much more on comedy, (The best part of S.A imo is the humor in the relationship between Hikari and Kei), while Kare Kano has more in terms of emotional depth. I was just saying that the premises of the two manga (very talented girl competing with very talented boy) are the same on the surface.

Other than that, the two stories are nothing alike. For me, the overall "feel" of the S.A manga is more like the Kodocha manga because the dynamics between the lead characters are very similar. Both explore a very interesting and entertaining relationship between a quirky female lead (Sana, Hikari) and a stoic male lead, who happens to have an unrequited love for the female lead (Hayama, Kei).

Anyway, it would be great if the S.A anime comes out by or before April!

So what would you put it as? Comedy, Romantic comedy, etc. I want to know if I might like it.

I only just read S.A 1 because I got it for free with my subscription on AniWay. Going to watch the anime because it seems like fun. I dont know if I'm going to buy all of the manga though.

Re: S.A (Special A)

the manga is far from being finished so i can't say for sure that it hasn't got any deptha t all...
looking forward to the explanation regarding kei's grandfather and his other family issues

Back