Blue Submarine No. 6

Xennon

[sadht=Ao no 6 go]Blue Submarine No. 6[/sadht][sadhl=7]blue-submarine-no-6[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Made this for the upcoming marathon Omurqi, KelsieKatt, and I will watch on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 1

It was okay. I like the main characters and the whole apocalypse idea.
The computer animation was pretty terrible in modern standards, but I guess acceptable considering it's age. The regular animation was excellent.
I just don't get why they made the enemy into such a retarded bunch of creatures...

Episode 2

Ah... Thats why...

Episode 3

Whoa, amazing episode, the first one that really made me want more.
The show finally got more depth to it. Makes you wonder what Zorndyke is really after

Last edited:
I watched this OVA series about two weeks ago and what bothered me the most was that I completely forgot the majority of it since I first saw it on toonami 10 years ago. The animation style was pretty good for the late 90's and the voice actors for both the dub and the original were actually pretty entertaining. The music was more or less jazz mix which really helped out during the fight scenes so that was part of the enjoyable experience also. Overall it's a nice watch if you have 2-3 hours to kill.

Final

It was pretty good. The final episode had some philosophy / morals put in, and had a touching ending.
It's almost impossible to fully hate Zorndyke after their final talk, makes you wonder about the darkness in humans kinda like Black Lagoon did for me.
The way I rate shows, 4/5 stands for a really good, enjoyable anime, but 4.5 is on a whole other level.
Therfore: 4/5, really a good anime, but not enough to get into my toplist.

I really liked the first episode. The character design was really cool, and I love post-apocalyptic anime. Not to mention the sound is really good, love the music. The only thing that bugged me was the cgi, most notably the explosions, that was the only thing that really stood out.

So far so good.

Just finished it. I really enjoyed this one. I loved the dark atmosphere. The sound rocked, I really enjoy it when jazz it implemented in shows/movies, so this was a huge plus. There were some plot holes and some things just didn't make sense (either that or I missed something somewhere).

Strong messages about revenge, war, and human nature. The ending was good, nothing great. Guess I would've liked a little more closure, but it was perfectly fine where it left off.

Overall a very enjoyable watch. Can't stress enough how much I loved the shows atmosphere. The creatures were just awesome, I loved the scenes when it showed them in their ship.

Tough to rate this. It was very good, but it was short, so I am not that attached to the show as if it were a 13 episode series. Still, 85/100

*edit* I remember watching this a long time ago on CN, what were they thinking playing this? I mean, this hardly is a children anime lol. They must've done a good bit of editing.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay peoples, I'm watch this show today instead. Didn't get a chance to last night, unfortunately.
-----------------------------
Update - Episode 1: Wow, this is really fucking booooooooooooooring. -_-

Story & Characters first please!

Action LATER.
--------------------------
Update - Episode 2: Still pretty bored, but at least there seems to be a minor semblance of a plot at this point.

I guess the "bad guy" is some sort of extremist environmental activist. Whether he's really a "bad guy" or not remains to be seen, but I guess I'll find out.
---------------------------
Anyway, I have to get up in 6 hours. >_< I'll finish the other 2 tomorrow. :\ Sorry.... Thought I'd have more time than this.
---------------------------
Update(Sunday) - My whole day was pretty much booked solid. Tomorrow's open though, so I can finish the other 2 episodes after I get back from the dentist.

I loved this .

I especially loved the fact that it didn't spoon feed me every piece of information. While there were, of course, obvious plot holes that might deter the easily distracted--I found myself enjoying trying to put the pieces of when, why, how and where together as it unfolded.

For an older anime, aside from the computer animation it has aged and translated remarkably well. The characters drew me in, the story and the interactions between is what kept me there.

This one became one of those little hidden gems of mine, an unexpected love buried in the pile.

Though I will say, if you want a clear, concise, no-nonsense story that's well developed, explained and laid out...This might not be the anime to watch.

If you're in it--like me--to be entertained, then give it a go.

Well, it's been a rather odd past few days... Sunday was booked solid with Harry Potter and mall shopping. Monday was dental work stuffs. And now today I seem to have caught the flu or something.

I'm not entirely certain when I'll finish those last two episodes.

Sorry about this. >_<

Maybe I'll watch something when I'm feeling a little better. I'm going to lay down for a bit.

Alrighty, time to finish this series. Sorry for the delay, it's been a strange week.

I remember how much i loathed the CGI in this series back in the day. I really hated the concept at the time (now I tolerate it a bit more). It and Hellsing really created a general loathing of GONZO in me way back in. Blue Sub 6 is still on my list of anime I just couldn't get into. It was so boverrated at the time to. It wasn't until Gankutsuou that Maeda really redeemed himself.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but the villian sort of reminded me of Patlabor 2.

The CGI was truly awful, combined with the mecha elements early on (thankfully thinned out later on) really made it start badly for me.
Enjoyed it after that though, though it was a bit rushed and had too many characters I was given no incentive to care about. Still a 3/5 though.

Finished.

Alright. Finally managed to complete it. I didn't get to watch as much as I was planning to last time. Sorry... again. I hate to have to apologize so many times... especially after I promised I wouldn't screw up this time. >_< It's been rather hectic lately, unfortunately. Although, I think things have calmed down for the time being.

--------------------------------------

Overall, it was ok... It wasn't quite as boring as I found it in the beginning, although, I haven't really warmed up to it exactly either.

The show consisted of far too many action sequences for my taste, which unfortunately dominated much of it. I'm not much of an action person, so these really did nothing for me. When the characters and storyline started to show, it was so brief and to the point, that I never really developed any sort of feelings towards any of them and none of it really phased me at all by the end. A decent portion of the action sequences themselves, also felt very loosely connected to the main storyline, which made it difficult for me to care as well.

The concept itself, when it finally began to show up, was really interesting, but it felt rather underdeveloped. I think the show could have probably been a lot better if it were longer, focused more on showing both side's perspectives, and developed more of the backstory behind what led to all of this, instead of simply throwing in a few lines here and there to explain it all. I would have found it much more meaningful if I could have actually experienced it for myself.

Overall... I'd probably give it 4/10.

I liked the concept and such, but I was rather disappointed in how it was used...

i remember this show when it originally aired on tv long long ago. i remember it being alot different to be truthful, and i barely remember it at all. i see why now. i must have quickly lost interest as a kid or it wasnt anything special enough to be memorable.
i saw a youtube video about it recently and thought to myself o hey i remember that on tv, lets rewatch it since i dont remember jack diddly about it besides it was about the ocean and submarines....
and well,
tbh i was disappointed with the way this OVA panned out. it was way to long for what could have been made into just a movie, they had alot of opportunitys to make it memorable and something that was actually good. heck all the key elements were there in my opinion. the ending was just...attrocious, and thats a understatement because it was bad. i dont often say a anime is bad but this one is. i just dont get how they could take a animation like this and make it bad.

you know honestly, i think they had a book or plot for this thing, and then the screenwriter or director just said to heck with it and deviated from the original vision for the plot and yeah. its just terrible. its a anime that wants to win in its ownright and the message it ends up conveying is just full of fail.

sorry, its just not even the slightest bit nostalgic or anything ethier. atleast i can feel that way about some other stuff i do recommend and remember watching on tv that aired at the same time like outlaw star.

Back