Send your friend, your love (or yourself!) a special gift badge this Valentine's Day!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Do you love your friends or your significant other? How about Anime-Planet.com? Want to show your support to both to celebrate Valentine's Day and the month of loooooove? We have a gift for you - gift badges!

By making a donation on Anime-Planet through Feb 29, 2012, you can gift one of a number of Valentine's Day badges to either a friend, or yourself. As always, donations directly benefit the site, helping to pay for the server costs (our two servers cost $405 a month alone), and keep new features and upgrades in development.

How it works:

1. Choose a badge
Select from one of the specified donation levels below - this is the donation amount for which the gift badge is awarded.

2. Choose a recipient & message
Choose a username on Anime-Planet.com, or you can also gift the badge to yourself! You can also write an optional message.

You must include this information, the name of the badge, and your own username, in the 'special instructions' field on the donation page:

badgeinfo.jpg

3. Make the donation
Click here to make the donation! (there is also a donation button on the Users homepage

------------------------------------------

Donation Levels

$25 Level

valentines-badges-25-level.png

--------------

$10 Level

valentines-badges-10-level.png

--------------

$5 Level

valentines-badges-5-level.png

--------------

Now that you've chosen a badge, click here to make the donation!

Include the recipient username (or say it's for yourself), the name of the badge, an optional message, and your own username, in the 'special instructions' field on the donation page:

badgeinfo.jpg

Gift badges are added manually and will be posted to the recipient's account within a day or two. Thank you for your patience! :love:

----------------

Frequently-asked questions:

When can I donate to get these badges?
From today, up to midnight (PST) on February 29th, 2012.

Will you post these donation badges again in case I miss the deadline?
We will post these holiday badges again next year in December, with additional holiday badges to choose from.

Will you post more donation gift badges after February 29?
We plan on posting sets of donation badges frequently throughout the year. All of these special donation badges will have a time limit of when you can gift them.

Do I still get the other donation badges when I donate?
Yes! You will still receive the monthly (ie, November 2011 Supporter) badge, and your donation amount will add to the cumulative Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum badges.

Can I combine multiple badges into one donation?
Yes - but you are responsible for doing the math, and you must include all of the information we need for each badge, in the 'Special Instructions' field. For future sets, there will be an easy button click to donate an exact amount per-badge.

Will my gift badge show up immediately?
No - badges are entered manually and make take up to a day or two to be added. We will update this thread with pending and already-awarded gift badges, so you can see the status.

I don't have any friends, but I want the badge ;_; (or, I do have friends, but I want the badge!)
Have no fear, you can donate to the site and gift yourself the badge!

Can I gift a badge to you (sothis) or other site staff?
Of course! Have a favorite character moderator, reviewer, or overlord? Want to donate but don't have someone in mind? Feel free to gift badges to anyone on the site, including staff ^_^

Are badges from staff still donations?
Yes! Gift badges are only awarded with a donation, even for staff (including sothis). For a badge to be gifted, the person had to have made a donation to the site.

Re: Send your friend, your love (or yourself!) a special gift badge this Valentine's

Although a few days before Valentine's Day, I bought one to seduce a "very special friend" named unitzero. Happy Valentine's Day, buddy! >D I expect a gift on White Day, or else...

Re: Send your friend, your love (or yourself!) a special gift badge this Valentine's

There should be a forever alone badge that you can only gift to yourself. :troll:

im gonna let anyone buy it though ;) could be a hilarious gag gift

Hey sothis, who makes the badges? I was thinking that maybe if you don't have as many people as you'd like to be working on them, or you'd like to see a bigger selection of badges produced earlier, you could perhaps hire a graphics team filled with members from the site to design them? I'd love to see badges of popular characters on the site - who wouldn't want the complete collection of Code Geass or Madoka Magica cast as part of their badges? It could be a good source of income for the development fund, and it wouldn't take any of your time or money if you had others from this site make them for you. =P

That would be me. :)

You? Our "second overlord"? >D Sounds like if you had help - or instead could devote your time to make other contributions on the site as an alternative to these badges (that could be created by others, most likely) - it'd be more beneficial? I don't have the art skills myself, though. I'm not saying I know anyone here who is willing to make them, but maybe they would.

cassie is who i've chosen to do the badges - we are going for a distinct style and feel that she creates.

Sounds like if you had help - or instead could devote your time to make other contributions on the site as an alternative to these badges (that could be created by others, most likely) - it'd be more beneficial?

Not necessarily. In truth, it's actually quite beneficial for me to do the badges. I spent four years of my life at art college, but due to the crappy work situation over here/tough industry, I've not done anything with it. I enjoy doing the badges and it helps me keep up with my creative side. Besides, while I do also do a lot of other things for the site, I do go through phases with anime where I don't watch so much, and I've had a rather lengthy slump recently, which is why I haven't reviewed anything for a while or done any entries, so it's nice to have a variety of things to do.

As it is, I can juggle everything I do on here, just look at my December... in the first 24 days of the month I not only created the set of Christmas badges from scratch, but I also added synopses for 47 manga entries, blogged about those manga entries AND did a series fo 12 Days of Christmas blog posts. Even if there were a team working on the badges, it wouldn't guarantee that I'd spent that extra time working on other bits for the site (frankly, if I hadn't been doing the valentines/birthday badges, I'd have been on Skyrim XD).

sounds to me like cassie simply desires a monopoly on the designing badges business jk

Alright. The badges are done well, cassie is happy, sothis is satisfied, so I have no complaints. : )

BTW: cassie, make character badges at some time in the future. I'd totally buy them and give to friends - OR, keep them all to myself. =P

Character badges are unlikely due to copyright issues, particularly if they were donation related ones they'd be in seriously iffy/dangerous territory.

I don't seem to be able to donate : <

I get "Sorry, the action you were trying to do was not accomplished, please try again later".

I've tried for a few days now : ( Me very sad & forever alone.
I want badges : 3

I'm not sure what would be causing that error - are you using the paypal link? What step does it do that at? If it's anything on paypal, you might want to check with them on the error (as I'm not sure ;_;)

Well I donated and forgot about this.

I'll sit in the corner now :P

Have these badges been given out? Because I donated last month and nothing has happened so far. I don't mean to rush anyone, I just want to make sure that I wasn't left out for some reason.

^ what he said for the most part. I don't mind waiting, but having no idea if my donation got into its destination at all is fairly unpleasant.

sorry guys, i'm really behind on adding donations :( i've been trying to get my machine fixed so i can work on AP features easier and it's taken the last few weeks, i think i've almsot gotten it finished and then will get all remaining donations inputted

I don't mean to rush, I just want to check on the badge situation~ Do you have a record of donations so that when the time comes the badges go to the right place? (I just don't want my gift badge for my friend to get forever lost :crying:)

Back