Chobits

Oehr

Chobits

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

chobitss2.gif

until ep14, i liked the series - now its getting retarded...

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Chobits alot, but the more I watch other anime, I the less I value Chobits. Yet, it's very enjoyable and good series. =)

I wonder if people in Japan roll over the floors IRL...? XD It's just in so many animes it makes one wonder... and they're not even ROFLing!

It's one of the first anime series I watched all the way through. It's very cute at times and I was shocked when I found myself getting teary eyed near the end episodes.

I hear the manga elaborates on the problems caused by the location of her 'on' switch. I'm planning on reading them to find out more about that. Has anyone read it?

I loved this anime, and I have recently started reading the manga. I'm only on the first volume though. It's weird seeing the differences in the manga and anime.

I liked this anime, I was suprised that i felt sorry for her when shes only a robot after all. The ending also left me a bit teary eyed too.

Well, that is your opinion. I can't say that I agree with you though. I liked it. The worst ending will always be Claymore's in my opinion.

- the persocom db chobit didnt do what he was created/programmed for. doesnt make sense
- why did freya move to chi in the first place? didnt she want to live anymore because of her pain? doesnt make sense. not to mention that she wanted to be deleted AGAIN. i bet, if there was a sequel, freya would be deleted again and again and again and again....
- hideki was a freaking idiot throughout the anime. didnt get anything and just talked to himeself all the time. what a retard!
- she can now cry too?! i bet she can bear babys too....
- wasnt chi damn happy about hideki loving her too and yet after she told him and he her and yet decided to leave him?! yeah, persocoms arent human and "there are things they cant do but humans and they are things humans cant do but persocoms".
- chi is a anti-hero: now everybody will fall in love with their persocoms!

At first I dropped it, because it was too ecchi for my taste. But after a year I decided to finish it and I loved it. Chi is so sweet and pure. I liked the plot and the way the characters developped. I love CLAMP, so I guess that says everything. Maybe the ending was a bit weird, but I liked it.

The part where Chi gets
fingered
is about as ecchi as you can get. And how bout that guys eyes? Beady eyes like he's on crack. No wonder he can't pay attention in class.

The part where Chi gets
fingered
is about as ecchi as you can get. And how bout that guys eyes? Beady eyes like he's on crack. No wonder he can't pay attention in class.

Yet that one scene isn't that bad because I felt that they were more mature about it. That scene was used for story purposes instead of "excitement" purposes. Also, I did notice Hideki's eyes. He was probably the only person in the show like that, which I thought was odd. Also, the other characters' eyes were kind of weird too. All of their eyes are really dark, so their irises and pupils blend together.

That scene was to show
how dedicated he was in figuring out how to turn her on.....power her up..... damn there is no way to stay it so that it doesn't seem perverted. I mean obviously Hideki's had a hard time doing it and towards the beginning of that episode they emphasized he came off the farm, he just lacked certain social skills. Case in point when he is talking to himself aloud, and everyone around him thinks he's weird. It gave him an instant connection to her without her have to do anything at all.
As for it to appear ecchi depends on what point of veiw you wanna take, the perverse or the view of aiding to character growth.

To me, Chobits is a typical male superiorist anime. Almost every female is a persocom seemingly unable to survive without men both figuratevly and literarly. As you can see I don't really like.

I liked it but Chii's character seemed very similar to Nyu from Elfen Lied which was annoying because I found Nyu annoying.
Good show though.

I liked it but Chii's character seemed very similar to Nyu from Elfen Lied which was annoying because I found Nyu annoying.
Good show though.

:O HOW VERY DARE YOU! :O lol :P

Nyu = Amazingness
Chi = Not nearly as amazingness, but good non the less :P

I think Rin (if that is her name, i forget it :/) from DearS was abit like them both too for abit

Yup, Rin was, but with more sexual suggestivness...she was a good character. And i'm thinking of Nyu in the anime specificly.
In the manga she spoke and I very much liked her character, but Lucy was far greater.

This is an anime I watched in one suitting which I think shows how much I liked it.

Yup, Rin was, but with more sexual suggestivness...she was a good character. And i'm thinking of Nyu in the anime specificly.
In the manga she spoke and I very much liked her character, but Lucy was far greater.

This is an anime I watched in one suitting which I think shows how much I liked it.

Yeah i get you, Rin was a good ecchi character to boot

Nyu i loved in both anime and manga, in the manga she did speak as you said.

She did in the anime, but only properly around the last few episodes, i loved that part of her, she was like a baby :)

Lucy was a bad ass mother fucker, she owned in everyway, a sadistic killing force of sexyness, naked to boot for most of it :P

Yeah i get you, Rin was a good ecchi character to boot

Nyu i loved in both anime and manga, in the manga she did speak as you said.

She did in the anime, but only properly around the last few episodes, i loved that part of her, she was like a baby :)

Lucy was a bad ass mother fucker, she owned in everyway, a sadistic killing force of sexyness, naked to boot for most of it :P

Heh..Rin was nice but the series could be better..well the ending mainly, I liked the series.

Yeah wish she'd talk more..but there's something cute about an often naked pink haired girl that can only say one word.

Yes Lucy was, she really was, she was the main reason for liking the series.
Ah, thank you, you just reminded me why I liked Elfen Lied..such a good show and one of the first that I saw.

Heh..Rin was nice but the series could be better..well the ending mainly, I liked the series.

Yeah wish she'd talk more..but there's something cute about an often naked pink haired girl that can only say one word.

Yes Lucy was, she really was, she was the main reason for liking the series.
Ah, thank you, you just reminded me why I liked Elfen Lied..such a good show and one of the first that I saw.

Yh the DearS Ending bummed badly :/

Elfen Lied spoiler
Best Nyu bit is when Kohta is helping her change and he is taking off her shorts just as Yuka comes through the door (she annoyed me >_>), but that scene was sooo damn funny :D

Lol aha no worries :P I remember when i first saw Elfen Lied i was horrified at the beggining at how much gore and shit was done by sum fuckin beautifully naked Psycho wearing a helmet of hell! (obvious Lucy) But as it went on i grew to love the character, Anyways this is a Chobits discussion so i appoligise for going off topic

Back