Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods

Etue

Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods
Alt title:

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

===============================================================================

Episode 1:

Well that was rather entertaining. The drama is downplayed in an appropriate manner, this is teenage angst and it shouldn't been treated like the worst thing ever to happen to people. I don't like the art-style though and the animation is cutting corners at every step where it's not too noticeable.

Last edited:
Re: Gingitsune

Episode 1:

Well that was rather entertaining. The drama is downplayed in an appropriate manner, this is teenage angst and it shouldn't been treated like the worst thing ever to happen to people. I don't like the art-style though and the animation is cutting corners at every step where it's not too noticeable.

Disagree about the artstyle which I thought was very appropriate for this kind of story, but have to agree about the animation itself being kinda of cheap looking and the cutting corners was quite noticeable once or twice.

However, I don't think that effected my enjoyment of the show. There's never going to be much action here so the cheaper animation is fine. Instead it's a very mellow kind of slice of life that's going to focus on her relationship with Gintaro. And rejoice! She wasn't annoying. She's a little bit of a brat, but then so is Gintaro. He's surely, sulky and kind of spoiled himself. It makes for a fun pairing because they're both stubborn and they will have plenty of battles of will. I'd agree that the drama was just at the right level with just enough comedy mixed in to form a good balance.

I'm guessing we'll be learning Gintaro's history over the course of the series as we see his relationship with the girl develop. I also really liked the father character. He married into this shrine and he's just come to accept that guardians can see Gintaro. He was a good presence in this episode. It's nice to see one of these anime without absentee parents.

So overall very good start. I enjoyed it.

Episode 1

I liked that a lot, some good drama with the angst being handled very well, the feel of the show was great, and the characters interesting so far.

Looks like it can be a decent SoL to fill the void that Silver Spoon has left in me.

Episode 2

Well, this episode was pretty awful and I hope this isn't what the anime is going to be about. I thought Gin was going to be much more involved. The drama in this episode was very poorly done and kind of boring. I don't really want to watch a show where it's a naive teenager learning lessons she should have years ago and occasionally getting pep talks from a fox spirit. The previews for the next episode look much better so hopefully it was just this episode that strikes a sour note.

Also, the cheap animation when Gin is talking out of the corner of his mouth is starting to bug me, but I'm probably picking at that because everything else was boring. Terrible episode.

Episode 2

I actually found it plenty enjoyable despite the strange way of resolving the conflict. The characters seem strangely genuine despite the ease at which the conflict was resolved, still this anime lacks a bit in the energy compartment. The lack of energy drove it down somewhat, still the current situation doesn't seem to bad.

granted I did watch Walkure Romanze before this, which is probably making this seem better than it is.

Episode 2

It was a little twee I guess, I can see why people wouldn't like it, but I didn't hate it. It was mainly just exposition for the 3 girls friendships though.

Episode 1
The first episode made me feel like I have been watching this for weeks.The episode was pretty nice.I like how it already had a plot for that episode but I guess every episode will be with different plot.I am liking this anime so far since it was sweet and heart-warming and it seems like it will be sweet again next ep.

Episode 2
This anime makes me feel so fluffy inside.I really like how Gintaro is so straightforward with actual advice for Makoto even though it might hurt her a bit.I also liked how Makoto and Gintaro's friendship is so strong like family.I am glad the three girls became friends even though I feel that they should expand a bit more on Hiwako's problem since she clearly needs to solve her problem.

Overall, this anime makes me smile and feel fluffy so I'll look forward for next weeks episode.

Episode 3

What can I say? We got character establishment and something that seemed like complete filler.
Despite this I wasn't bored, so continue on. ( I still get why the boyfriend broke up with her though )

Episode 3:

I liked this episode quite a bit more than the second episode, but I still found it to be a bit dull. However, I like the themes it introduced, how the reduced faith of the modern world has effected places of worship and in this case the heralds themselves. The show still has a very light tone and while the themes aren't given much depth I hope they will be revisited later on. The pacing is probably a bit too slow in this case as the show isn't really that thoughtful with the material it presents. Still I really like stories about gods or spiritual beings and how the lack of faith in the modern world weakens them or in this cases displaces them completely from their homes. That dichotomy of humanity's faith giving them strength and how the modern world makes them need gods less so now the spiritual beings have to deal with being mostly abandoned. It says something about the changing nature of the world, and people's relationship with religion, and while this anime hasn't gone much in depth with it, there's plenty of room for more development later.

However, if the rest of the episodes are going to be more like this then I will end up enjoying the series. Especially if there's more development for Gin and his relationship with Saeki. I'd also like to see more of the other heralds and get more of an idea how passing time has changed them.

The animation remains really cheap which isn't much of a problem in a show like this but it should avoid doing close ups of character's mouths if it's too cheap to do proper lip flap for the heralds.

As far as animation goes, the only thing that's bothering me is the fact that Saeki looks exactly like Kotoura, and i can't stop thinking about it whenever i see her.

That's why I always wear my tinfoil helmet when I watch this show.

They sell them at the grocery store in sheets. You just gotta wrap up your head real good and then cut out holes for the eyes and mouth. It takes some practice to avoid poking your eyes out, though, so have a surgical kit on hand.

Episode 4:

Meh, I'm really not feeling the dramatic turn that this show decided to take. This just feels hoary and maudlin, and I can't bring myself to care about Haru or Satoru or their plight. They're just too bratty and their characterisation is insanely shallow.

So i have to make my own? You can't even hook a bro up?

Screw you man, i used to think you were cool.

Do you know what would happen if I tried to mail a psychic defense helmet overseas?

Homeland security, man! I'm not in the market for an anal probing, no sir!

Episode 4

LOL, tsundere boy!

Back