Cage of Eden

Discussion in 'Specific Manga Discussion' started by Thrawn, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Mar 9, 2011
    Synopsis/Recommendations

------------------------------------

Caught up after blitzing the latest chapters (Up to 78) and
    Mariya took a level in badass. Recklessly jumping off that steep cliff to skid down, trip and tumble the rest of the way, all without a plan (That we know of) was pretty cool.

Stupid move, but badass nonetheless.

So far, I'm enjoying it: not completely, but enough to keep on reading.

(Potential spoilers, so using the tags just in case)
    Everything happens to them and yet they triumph (Varies, but they mostly get better); their clothes are in impeccable condition, unbelievably good condition, and as badass as Sengoku can be at times with his reckless bravery and stupidity, it's his reckless bravery and stupidity and unbelievable luck to cheat death that have me laughing and shaking my head.

But as uncanny as their luck is in getting into said situations and their luck in getting out of them, it's kinda fun.

2. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on May 10, 2012
    Re: Eden no Ori (Cage of Eden)

After that spectacular end tag for 149, 150 brings about one of the most rocking moments in the series:

The return of fucking Hades! And Kouhei! Tell me the first ain't awesome? The second is improbable as hell but hey, it's Cage of Eden.

3. Typicalbox

Typicalbox New Member

I know this is a slightly older post but I didn't wanna make a new one sooooo
    In the newest chapter 162
    Holy crap I can't believe that Nishiori isn't a doctor, wtf is going to happen to sensei now? and who the hell is the doctor if Nishiori isn't? is one of the older people that's been traveling w/ sengoku the real doctor? Will they let Sensei die? This manga is so good I wonder why more people don't read it!

4. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jul 30, 2012

It gets so hilariously cheesy at all the crap that happens, and them speeches. But I'm compelled. No matter how bullshitty or how absurdly bad their situation turns into, I feel the need to keep up.

And for 162 up there:

This chapter needed a twist, and bamf! Nishidouche has no PHD in saving lives. Bet Hades is a medicine man of sorts but yeah, I think the doctor must be traveling with Sengoku's group since it wasn't that man with the daughter when Nishidouche started with how he became El Presidente.
    Or it was, but there was another. Or someone who could perform surgery. They already got rid of Z way back so what are the odds of a secondary character like Sensei dying?

5. Typicalbox

Typicalbox New Member

My thoughts on ~ 164/165/166.

Well well well, just like I had thought. The doctor ends up being one of the older people that was w/ sengoku and crew. The story of the doctor is very "meh" to me. I'm pretty sure they don't allow doctors to anything involving their families for a number of reasons so the whole story just seemed like a bit too much of a stretch to me. But I am happy that the sensei is okay, or at least for now.

The whole star thing w/ nisha-dbag also seemed pointless as the entire idea of sailing from the island seemed like too big of a risk in the first place (if you remember when sengoku and crew left the crashed plane and ended up at the coast line they made a raft and a guy and girl ended up stealing it and a sea monster ate them) I am looking forward to whats on the hard drive they found and whats at the next tower.

Also wtf is up with the drawings? I thought the drawings were done by the real girl (the daughter of the rich guy that maybe funded the research done on the island) not of the boy playing as a girl double o_O (that whole thing still bothers me - why the hell doesn't he stop pretending to be a girl)

6. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Chapter 167
    If this turns out to be some time travel stuff then I'm calling so much bullshit.

7. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Aug 25, 2012

^ I called it around 90th chapter when they
    entered some complex with retarded extinct spercies... or something like that...

8. BrainBlow

A genetic manipulation facility...

9. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Aug 25, 2012

That... since that shit happened I left it stalled for a while now...

10. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

I can... questionably tell you it gets better. Sort of, depends on your bullshit tolerance.

And the most recent volume has the best cover that depicts the important assets of the plot.

11. Typicalbox

Typicalbox New Member

I would have to agree w/ you. CoE is more about the ride then it is everything falling into place perfectly. I always read it with the thought of "anything can happen on this island" - within reason of course, they don't have super powers or mouth beams (lol that would be sweet)

In a way it's like a manga version of a soap opera, set on a fucked up island with extinct animals. People die, they come back. Sometimes the plot is easy to tell what will happen, and others it's completely off the wall bat-shit crazy. But that's what keeps me come'n back.

12. Typicalbox

Typicalbox New Member

Thoughts on Chapters 167 & 168

My first thoughts about the whole grave thing and the girl still being alive is that they are in some sort of 'parallel universe' or maybe some kind of time lapse thing when the plane landed, but the pictures ended up being slightly different. Hinting at the fact that it's not that. I don't know if I buy the whole memory loss thing, seems a bit strange.

I also wonder what Nika-Douche is planning, and what he thinks will happen with the girl?

Kinda sad nothing happened to the group as they traveled for 4 days across the island. It seems like the monsters have all but disappeared (I get for plot sake they have had to lower the number of monster interactions but still...) the bones at the site of the next tower seems promising I can't wait to find out what is inside!

That being said what are your guys thoughts on whats inside the next tower? I'm going to guess it's something like a barracks for people / holding cell for test subjects. (and this would be the site where shit started to go downhill on the island and where the animals got loose/took control of the island)

13. BrainBlow

My personal guess is pretty much that Miina
    is a clone or something, possibly created on the island or from research stemming from it.
    Something like that.

14. JtkBasketball

JtkBasketball New Member

Does anyone know when more chapters will come out??? It has been (I think 2 but maybe 3) weeks since the chapter that said it would take a break. Just wondering if anyone knows anything.

15. johnpaulIII

johnpaulIII Member

I heard it went on break, but its been like three weeks already. I also heard that the raws for 174 and 175 are out but i dont know if its true.

16. Typicalbox

Typicalbox New Member

175 was just released today on the site I read it on, yet to read it tho xD

----EDIT

Just got done reading it. It's pretty good, it really pushes the story forward really fast.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  17. JtkBasketball

JtkBasketball New Member

The past few chapters have answered a boat load of questions in a really short amount of time.

18. johnpaulIII

johnpaulIII Member

True, i saw the raw till 177 and it gets way more interesting too. I just hope they get translated soon.

19. JtkBasketball

JtkBasketball New Member

Does anyone else find it funny that the last couple chapters gave away an astronomically large amount of information. And now these last two chapters have been spent literally standing still. They have still been interesting, but man what a giant drop off in info lol.

20. johnpaulIII

johnpaulIII Member

hahaha, well they have pretty much investigated everything but where they are now and that room had like everything basically plus the thing that akira found too that hasnt been revealed yet