Help me improve my sig! thread (read first post) - Page 6 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > General > Custom Signatures

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #51
Lemur
Otaku

Send a message via ICQ to Lemur Send a message via AIM to Lemur Send a message via MSN to Lemur Send a message via Yahoo to Lemur
Default Re: Help me improve my sig! thread (read first post)

@Moony + Nihat:
Thx Moony. ^^
Nihat- Do a double major and manage that much free time and I'll worship you as a god, and demand you teach me how. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalyn View Post
I've only been watching for one and a half years... oh wow. That means I've spent more than 1/12 of my life since that summer watching anime. Maybe more than 1/11... I need to learn some restraint, especially since I've watched at a greater rate lately, and that time doesn't include what I've rewatched... I am so not showing my real life friends and family that time-on-anime bar.

Anyway, how to you make it so the only stat seen is the time-on-anime bar? I don't like having the #watched, #want to watch, etc. thing on my signature. Especially since, on this (my first self-done background), the only part I actually did work on is covered by those stats!

Go to the signature tab -> add/update signature -> select "no content" under "other" for content, uncheck profile url bar under 'customize bars', leave it at 'use existing' and hit 'Create Signature'. ^^

Anime-Planet.com - Signature/Avatar: Miku/Gumi (Vocaloid) - SOTW - Lemur's Tree
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #52
DontStay
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to DontStay Send a message via Yahoo to DontStay Send a message via Skype™ to DontStay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalyn View Post
I've only been watching for one and a half years... oh wow. That means I've spent more than 1/12 of my life since that summer watching anime. Maybe more than 1/11... I need to learn some restraint, especially since I've watched at a greater rate lately, and that time doesn't include what I've rewatched... I am so not showing my real life friends and family that time-on-anime bar.

Anyway, how to you make it so the only stat seen is the time-on-anime bar? I don't like having the #watched, #want to watch, etc. thing on my signature. Especially since, on this (my first self-done background), the only part I actually did work on is covered by those stats!
You watched this much and managed to hide your obsession for anime from your friends and family? x_x

To have only the bottom bar, go to your profile > signature > add/update > and choose No Content.

As to making a custom sig, I thought about it.. but it seems like there's gonna be some unneeded work, reediting it and reuploading once in a while ;d Even though they look good. And about Nihat sig.. I only noticed there's anime stats in it much much later >.> So yeah, changing the colors would be a good idea.

Edit: gah, I'm too slow. lol

Stats/Claims:

Last edited by DontStay; 01-09-2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: ninjad ;d
DontStay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #53
Annalyn
Anime Fan in Training

Thanks. That was surprisingly simple. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStay View Post
You watched this much and managed to hide your obsession for anime from your friends and family? x_x
Oh, they know I love anime. They just don't know exactly how much time I've spent on it. And I want to keep it that way.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Annalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #54
Nihatclodra

Send a message via Skype™ to Nihatclodra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmnipotentLemur View Post
@Moony + Nihat:
Thx Moony. ^^
Nihat- Do a double major and manage that much free time and I'll worship you as a god, and demand you teach me how. =P

Go to the signature tab -> add/update signature -> select "no content" under "other" for content, uncheck profile url bar under 'customize bars', leave it at 'use existing' and hit 'Create Signature'. ^^
I've completed 6 essays, a 250 question Principles of Math (which at my school is one step down from calculus... PoM 12 is anyway...) practice test, a detailed time-line showing all major historical events in Canada from ~1750-2010, several Kanji practice worksheets for Japanese, studied for my Provincial Exams that were coming up (required exams worth 20-40% of your final grade that there is one for all of your non-elective classes, and a few of the elective classes) and organizing events for the 2 clubs I'm (partially) in charge of; all in one 3-day weekend, and still managed to complete 2 half-season anime series, and find time to play WoW.

You. Have. No. Excuse.

Nihatclodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #55
captaincrunch
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Here's my latest. I figured I haven't made myself anything in a while and wanted to make a cool Katanagatari sig ever since I finished it, and because Crevan got me interested in making vector shapes :)

Everything besides the render was made from scratch so I can adjust things if you guys think it would look better. I can't find any better paintbrush fonts that look good at a small size though.

I tried to emulate the ED/walls of the show as much as possible.

captaincrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #56
Nihatclodra

It's a little pixelated around the flower's and blossom's edges, and maybe add shadows for the flowers and blossoms as well... other than that...; HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #57
Moonfail
Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to Moonfail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihatclodra View Post
I've completed 6 essays, a 250 question Principles of Math (which at my school is one step down from calculus... PoM 12 is anyway...) practice test, a detailed time-line showing all major historical events in Canada from ~1750-2010, several Kanji practice worksheets for Japanese, studied for my Provincial Exams that were coming up (required exams worth 20-40% of your final grade that there is one for all of your non-elective classes, and a few of the elective classes) and organizing events for the 2 clubs I'm (partially) in charge of; all in one 3-day weekend, and still managed to complete 2 half-season anime series, and find time to play WoW.

You. Have. No. Excuse.
Not everyone is like you, Mr. Awesome.
---
On the other hand, beautiful sig CC. As you say, the background is emulating Katanagatari's art style, but the render isn't. I wouldn't say it's a big deal; the signature is still really nice. Other than that, nothing else.

Moonfail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #58
captaincrunch
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Thanks for the tips guys. I made some alterations on the one I'm using for the forum. You're right about the wrong image render Moonfail, maybe I'll try and find something else to use later.

captaincrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #59
Nihatclodra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfail View Post
Not everyone is like you, Mr. Awesome.
---
On the other hand, beautiful sig CC. As you say, the background is emulating Katanagatari's art style, but the render isn't. I wouldn't say it's a big deal; the signature is still really nice. Other than that, nothing else.
lol, you can with concentrated awesome! (NOS Energy Drink, mixed with a shot of espresso, a banana, some vanilla icecream, green tea, ginger ale, milk, cinnamon, Fuze Banana Colada {I think that's what it's called...}, and a drop of Franks Red Hot Sauce Caesar) Warning: Only drink one glass of concentrated awesome per week unless your name is Chuck Norris.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #60
Moonfail
Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to Moonfail

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post
Thanks for the tips guys. I made some alterations on the one I'm using for the forum. You're right about the wrong image render Moonfail, maybe I'll try and find something else to use later.
To help you on your search, I would say that it's more of the shading and detail. I would suggest either altering the render by erasing detail or making it more 'vector' like; with more blocky layers. If you get what I'm trying to say. Haha.

Moonfail is offline   Reply With Quote