Kannazuki no Miko - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 10-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
dreadful

Default Kannazuki no Miko

Kannazuki no Miko

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

in terms of genre (completely plot unrelated) somewhere between full metal panic and NGE, except some yuri involved

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #2
Kagari

It's Marimite meets Transformers!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
rsg_6100

its mecha miko yuri
Old 10-06-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
Aydan
Otaku

it sucks
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:26 AM   #5
runpsicat

Default Kannazuki no Miko

New series. :)
Old 10-07-2004, 01:51 AM   #6
rsg_6100

episdoe 1
[spoiler:b163c167fa] 2 chicks kiss that means it pwn, lesbianism [/spoiler:b163c167fa] is a first round buy into kickassdom
Old 10-07-2004, 05:41 AM   #7
Aydan
Otaku

As I said in another thread,
episode 1
[spoiler:948825ccc4] beauty is only skin deep, a prefect example is this show. Jeez, it's like they give away everything in the first episode, no build up no nothing. No anticipation for what will happen next. Too much genres mixed into one and they can't pull one of them off right. So yeah insert the 2 chicks scene and hope it saves the show. IMO you save such a scene for later in the show when ratings start going down. [/spoiler:948825ccc4]
I wonder if the producer/director of this show is inexperienced. For example, you can nuke a town, but if you don't show the fear, panic & devastation it's useless.

4 out of 10 and the 4 is for some of the flash back parts that have peeked my interest. I'll just have to wait and see if this show is worth watching.

Oh by the way, my opinion is way too bias,
[spoiler:948825ccc4] I really hate it when a weak girl has the lead role. If she steps up and does something in the future I might get to like her. Why can't the evil girl have the lead? That would be something I'd like to see.[/spoiler:948825ccc4]
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Lucky

Okay, 11 episodes behind me in one go, and I have to say, this show is something else entirely. Seems to be a mix of Eva and Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. Considering that character designs are done in very similar style to the latter, the show has quite a bit of shoujo ai appeal, but the plot is truly something else - angst, mystery and episode 11 ends in one hell of a cliffhanger.
I'd recommend this to anyone who likes a good and angsty show with some really messed up (in a good way) plot twists and plenty of fanservice. I especially recommend it to anyone who liked Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, as it really didn't have any similar shows until this one came out. Especially plot-wise the rather abstract feel that was present in it becomes very powerful in Kannaduki no Miko, which is one of the main reasons why you should overlook the odd things that come in the first episodes, like the "clean" destruction of cities. The show focuses very heavily on the main character and her relations to the two people she loves - the rest of the world is in only for the dramatic effect, which becomes very clear towards the end especially in the last scene in episode 11.

One thing that may turn many people off to this show are the first few episodes. They are only there to set the pace and project the whole "typical cute damsels in distress and big ass robots fighting" image. It gets shattered very nicely and VERY dramatically around 4 episodes or so into the show, where the true eva-esque colors of the show start to come out.

So, anyone having any thoughts on what the last scene in episode 11 entails? Personally I found myself reminded of ending of gilgamesh.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:04 PM   #9
dreadful

My recomendation would be to wait and see for yourself, or check the version that's out.

Otherwise I would say the ending somehow reminded me eva 25-26 more than anything else.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #10
Hakaisha

Dear god, please give me back the 5 hours of my life i wasted watching this show. I promise to spend it more wisely this time doing something more constructive like watching paint dry. I won't even complain about the 4 cds i wasted burning this

On a serious note the ending and series as a whole may have meant more to me if they'd done something more with the priestesses. By the time i got to episode 12 i hated both of them with a passion and was hoping
was going to kill them. That poor guy was the only semi-interesting character in the whole show and he got the shaft lol. The ending itself was well thought out but as bad as the main characters were it did absolutely nothing for me.