Aoi Hana - Anime-Planet forum
Why register?

make an anime and manga list, and more! all free!

Theme

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
NoirTheElitist
Otaku

Default Aoi Hana

Aoi Hana

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Well since there's a few watching this one u.u

The first episode:

Opening and ending: both extremely cheesy, in my opinion.

I've read the manga up to volume 4, chapter 24 and it seems like they've coloured it. Even though they have done it in nice pastel soft shades.
What I really didnt like were the voices (but that's the japanese way) since I wasnt expecting Fumi to have such a girly, timid voice (even though she is a cry baby). Speaking of which, the cast is pretty much new on the field (seems like the first work for Ai Takabe) but we'll also have Fuyuka Oura, Mamiko Noto and Nakahara Mai.

It's another all-girl school yuri corny thingy. But, we'll see.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 07-10-2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Added link to AniRec.
NoirTheElitist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
Najaraja
Anime Guru

Send a message via AIM to Najaraja
Default Re: Aoi Hana

Believe it or not, I have not read any of the manga. I really liked the first episode of this. Very cute so far and I like the artwork. Ah-chan is completely cute. I liked her right off the bat. I like the sort of role-reversal thing. The tall, stately looking girl is the timid, girly, cry-baby and the small cute girl is the "care-giver". It isn't anything fabulously new, but it is cute all the same. I am going to love it, I can tell already.

My Top 20
Najaraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Fireaxe
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Fireaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirTheElitist View Post

I've read the manga up to volume 4, chapter 24 and it seems like they've coloured it. Even though they have done it in nice pastel soft shades.
What I really didnt like were the voices (but that's the japanese way) since I wasnt expecting Fumi to have such a girly, timid voice (even though she is a cry baby). Speaking of which, the cast is pretty much new on the field (seems like the first work for Ai Takabe) but we'll also have Fuyuka Oura, Mamiko Noto and Nakahara Mai.

It's another all-girl school yuri corny thingy. But, we'll see.
I also read the manga and I had the same EXACT reaction about Fumi's voice. Though in retrospect, such a timid voice does fit her personality, but it's certainly nothing like what I had in mind (i was expecting something like a shy and more tomboyish voice i guess). Loved the first episode, the animation was just like I hoped it would be, barely a coloured version of drawing taken straight from the manga. The artwork from the manga used in the ED sequence was quite a nice touch, it gives me hope that the anime might be just as good as the original.

Oh and Najaraja, read it, you'll totally love it.

Top 20:
Fireaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
NoirTheElitist
Otaku

Fireaxe, that's general opinion about Fumi's voice..from what I've read u.u What you say is right: that sort of voice does fit her personality, somehow. Nevertheless, didnt see it coming.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Hyperbole1729
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via MSN to Hyperbole1729

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirTheElitist View Post
Fireaxe, that's general opinion about Fumi's voice..from what I've read u.u What you say is right: that sort of voice does fit her personality, somehow. Nevertheless, didnt see it coming.
Well looks like I'm the odd one then. I imagined that sort of voice for Fumi when reading the manga. Well to be precise I imagined Mamiko Noto's voice :P
Old 07-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
NoirTheElitist
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbole1729 View Post
Well looks like I'm the odd one then. I imagined that sort of voice for Fumi when reading the manga. Well to be precise I imagined Mamiko Noto's voice :P
Hyperbole, I was wondering when would you join us ;D
Oh, Mamiko Noto will give voice to Shinako Sugimoto. Speaking of the manga, I really thought that we would see

Old 07-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
ThePatches
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches

I'm fairly sure that I'd never read this manga, because I'd blow through it too quickly to really get good sense for the pacing and the stellar artwork, but MAN! If Episode 2 is a better indication of the rest of the season, I am HOOKED.

On a side note, Mr. Slowpoke here finally recognized Mogi-chan's seiyuu. Wheeee! (For those of you who don't know, instead of going to AniDB, play her self-introduction in episode 2 on loop until you get it and then facepalm).

TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
ThePatches
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches

Necro-bump?

Episode 3 was not as good as the opening two, but I am intrigued by the possibility that everyone in this show might be sick and twisted underneath. Having not read the manga, I can hold onto the hope that everything will go horribly and deliciously wrong.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
Quizap
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via AIM to Quizap

I'll give this one more week. This kind of show definitely isn't my cup of tea, I, in fact, wanted to gag a few times because of how... how should I put this.. I can't come up with anything

I have patience, more patience then I should but this is just meh... like I said, not my cup of tea.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Thanks captaincrunch!!

Quizap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
ThePatches
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizap View Post
I'll give this one more week. This kind of show definitely isn't my cup of tea, I, in fact, wanted to gag a few times because of how... how should I put this.. I can't come up with anything

I have patience, more patience then I should but this is just meh... like I said, not my cup of tea.
I can totally understand that. I think the complications introduced this week have me sufficiently curious, and the artwork is... pleasant. But in the strongest sense of the word. The watercolor backgrounds are very beautiful and the character designs are so understated. It's quite relaxing, really.

HOWEVER, I certainly hope Achan gets some more agency. She's all genki, but has no real effect on the plot at the moment.