Saki - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
purplemo
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Default Saki

Saki

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

'Tis rare that I get two shows I've been looking forward to for this long in one season. Well, gotta comment on Saki also. First characters. The ones that matter.

Saki - A bit more 'sassy' than the manga, but voiced well for the additional sass
Nodocchi - Crap I didn't think she would look so pink! Her hair's not THAT pink dammit! Voice is a bit soft for Nodocchi but still works pretty well. AND WHY'S THE PENGUIN BLACK!!! :mad:
Yuki - Rie Kugimiya works well for the annoying taco-lover. She's playing to much the -tans though. Makes her more annoying than she's supposed to be.
Kyotaro - He's a bit player. Played well.
Hisa - Good. No complaints
Mako - Ditto

Overall an okay start. Nodocchi's way too pink and it's a little more upbeat music-wise than I imagined though. Not as big of a fan of the longer explanations, but I guess it works to teach. I wish I didn't have to listen to it though. This one should turn out fine from what I've seen so far. Gets

For now. Good start for both series though. I couldn't care less if all the other shows this season are crap if Saki and Phantom turn out good.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 05-29-2009 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Added link to Add Rec Page
purplemo is offline   Reply With Quote