"The Manga was way better than the Anime!" Tell Me Where This Statement is True! - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > General Manga Discussion

Notices

Old 08-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
SaintJay
Narumon Z

Lightbulb "The Manga was way better than the Anime!" Tell Me Where This Statement is True!

I couldn't think of a better forum to ask this on so, which Anime's and Manga's have you seen from the same series and, when all was said and done, you enjoyed the manga more than the anime?

I could grade this myself, but watching the anime and reading the manga for the same series is pretty redundant unless you're really interested in the series.

I understand with some series', the video games may be the best, or the light novels. For this one time, just forget about those, for me.

I would also prefer if you gave answers where there is an obvious superiority to the manga over the anime, instead of a series where it is very close between the two.

Have fun with your discussion

SaintJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
GekoHayate
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to GekoHayate
Default Re: "The Manga was way better than the Anime!" Tell Me Where This Statement is True!

Rosario+Vampire, both seasons of the manga are far superior to the abomination that I am forced to call anime.

There were some slight character personality tweaks and the story itself was gutted and replaced with panty shots. So many pantsu.... hell the anime couldn't even keep up with its own plot half the time.

And they completely emasculated the lead and any character development he was supposed to get, they axed that with extreme prejudice.

1693-1716-4178

GekoHayate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
yusagi
Narumon Z

Default Re: "The Manga was way better than the Anime!" Tell Me Where This Statement is True!

Elfen Lied and Video Girl Ai, if only because the anime ended long before the manga and left many things unfinished. Both anime end at like...volume 3 of 10 of the manga, and end up making up a different ending from the real one.
yusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #4
Thrawn
POPEE BELIEVER

Buddha, the manga was sublime and the movie couldn't cover all of it's majesty.
Monster, except the manga is on par with the anime for how in-sync they are and both being masterpieces of their respective medias.

Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
Bluntjoker

Sankarea. If you read the manga before you watched the anime, you'd understand how they butchered it. If not, you probably enjoyed the anime.

Bluntjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
tootalls
Otaku

100% Ichigo

One of the best Manga Ive read and one of the worst anime I've watched.

The main reason would be that the anime didn't go on to tell the whole story but also, for anime of that year the animation quality wasn't up to par. Some drawings were nice, since they replicate the works of my favorite mangaka but thats just on still images of the character models.

Definitely worth the read.

tootalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
Nerdlinger
Narumon Z

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni!!

The Manga is amazing! Each arc is more intriguing than the last. The art is amazing, and each arc is drawn by different artists! I love that I can get so creeped out from reading a Manga. ^_^

The Anime on the other hand is bad! The character designs were so basic and stiff. A lot of scenes are drug-out, leading you to think something is going to happen, and then do nothing but disappoint. And the creepiness factor I so loved from the Manga is all but non-existent in the Anime. And don't get me started on that English dub! Woof! -__-' Tis a real shame, it could have been so much better...

Nerdlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
TCTriangle
Anime Fan in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdlinger View Post
[B]Higurashi no Naku Koro ni!!
Completely disagree. I think the suspense/horror, the contrasting scenes, and atmosphere were all way better handled in the anime. Higurashi is one series I think anime is superior to the manga.

But +1 for Rosario+Vampire and Sankarea.

I'll also add Dragon Ball Z (too much filler in the anime), Claymore (anime ended WAY before the manga got intense), Hellsing (NOT Ultimate), and Death Note (all the logic was better suited to manga format IMO).
Old 04-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #9
truthillusion
Otaku

Generally all of them.

Specifics:
-Wandering Son
-Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
-Loveless
-Suki-tte Ii na yo.
-Kuragehime
Old 04-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
BrainBlow
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to BrainBlow

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Haganai)
The manga is an adaptation of the novels, as is the anime, so they are pretty much competing. And the manga is way, way better. The art style flexible, funny and gorgeous when it needs to be, and the manga has several endearing scenes that the anime does not have, as well as an overall better execution of the scenes they do share.
So yeah. The manga is easily the better version.

Open the spoiler! You trash!!
BrainBlow is offline   Reply With Quote