What I just finished watching and what I thought about it 2 (USE SPOILER TAGS) - Page 1482 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > General Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #14811
ArchDefender
Narumon Z

Default Re: What I just finished watching and what I thought about it 2 (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Hakuoki
I started by the prequel series (Dawn of the Shinsengumi) but it did nothing for me. The main character was bland and boring and the main villain was insanely badly presented.
However, I still liked most of the cast and how they started to develop the characters as well as the plot for future installments. Souji’s transformation from a more naïve character to his future self in the series was also a high point.

The official first season, that basically follows after Dawn of the Shinsengumi chronologically, was actually pretty good. The two members of the cast I hated were gone, the cast members I did like were all present with the addition of an actually interesting lead, the villains were actually believable and awesome for once, the plot took on more war/historical notes and the twisted morality never showed its ugly head again.

Record of the Jade Blood (The official second season) was an outstanding ending to the story. It did almost everything right from start to finish. It had some of the best fights in the series and
Lots of awesomeness and some good emotional material in this last season.

Overall, I loved Hakuoki and wished more samurai stories were made this way. Though it did have a weak third (Prequel) season saved from being horrible only by the majority of the cast. No seriously, when you make a series and the only bad characters are the ones you added to the franchise that weren’t in previous installments, you have a problem. I still rated the season reasonably well due to my enjoyment of other elements (The franchise's main cast [Everyone but the lead and Serizawa], the basic setting and story...) That said, if done well, I feel a spin-off series for this franchise could be pretty good. There’s plenty of historical events to explore in that particular era of Japan, the supernatural world had been pretty well introduced but could still use a greater focus. A new cast of characters and they could have something.

Hakuoki: Dawn of the Shinsengumi 7/10
Hakuoki 8/10
Hakuoki: Record of the Jade Blood 9/10

Last edited by ArchDefender; 11-30-2013 at 03:16 AM.
ArchDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #14812
BrainBlow
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to BrainBlow
Default Re: What I just finished watching and what I thought about it 2 (USE SPOILER TAGS)

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S

4,5/5

The first arc is 5/5 material.
May this series sell well so that we can have Index III!

Open the spoiler! You trash!!
BrainBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #14813
DreamMonster
Otaku

Highschool of the Dead. Well ... it was a decent entertaining show. A bit too much of pointless panty shots though At least for my taste ... and that ending... I'm not so sure I liked it ... overall 3.5/5

My life spent on anime:
DreamMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #14814
coffeebreath

From The New World

Perfect.

5/5

coffeebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #14815
HasseRovdjur
BREAST CLAW

^ That's really all that needs to be said about it. Such a sublimely awesome show.

HasseRovdjur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #14816
tootalls
Otaku

B Gata H Kei (rewatch)

Can't stop watching it but this time, watching the uncensored version, My co-worker just happened to peek in at a nudy part

Watashi hazukashii desu :(

tootalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #14817
Thrawn
POPEE BELIEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMonster View Post
Highschool of the Dead. Well ... it was a decent entertaining show. A bit too much of pointless panty shots though At least for my taste ... and that ending... I'm not so sure I liked it ... overall 3.5/5
Those panty shots were not pointless! You need a bit of crotch shots to prevent it from solely being an anti-physics titty bounce fest. With some zombie tits.

And you should totally watch the OVA, it's as classy as OVAs about titty shows get

Because my amazing taste is too much for my signature to show outright:

Thrawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #14818
DreamMonster
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Those panty shots were not pointless! You need a bit of crotch shots to prevent it from solely being an anti-physics titty bounce fest. With some zombie tits.

And you should totally watch the OVA, it's as classy as OVAs about titty shows get
Ahem ... I'm going to disagree with you, they were pointless from my point of view. Sorry ! I'm not so attracted to bouncing tits as you are ...since I'm not a lesbian. And they distracted me from getting any emotional connection with the show (if there was even a connection to achieve ...). I mean there was chaos all around I was laughing! Well ... zombies always make me laugh for some reason ... but those panty shots were even more ridiculous.

But thanks anyway ! That OVA is in my want to watch list ! If anything I hope I can just laugh again ...

My life spent on anime:
Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #14819
r18
Ojii-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMonster View Post
Ahem ... I'm going to disagree with you, they were pointless from my point of view. Sorry ! I'm not so attracted to bouncing tits as you are ...since I'm not a lesbian. And they distracted me from getting any emotional connection with the show (if there was even a connection to achieve ...). I mean there was chaos all around I was laughing! Well ... zombies always make me laugh for some reason ... but those panty shots were even more ridiculous.

But thanks anyway ! That OVA is in my want to watch list ! If anything I hope I can just laugh again ...
IT SEEMS WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO FELT THAT ALL THE FAN SERVICE WAS A DISSERVICE IN A ZOMBIE ANIME...i hate my caps lock...any way...people always defend high school of the dead's ecchi content but i felt it detracted from the horror atmosphere...it would be like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni being full of loli panty shots ...who would want that....

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

look into my face children ....it is i that you shall become...

r18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #14820
DreamMonster
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18 View Post
IT SEEMS WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO FELT THAT ALL THE FAN SERVICE WAS A DISSERVICE IN A ZOMBIE ANIME...i hate my caps lock...any way...people always defend high school of the dead's ecchi content but i felt it detracted from the horror atmosphere...it would be like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni being full of loli panty shots ...who would want that....
My feelings exactly ! High five !

My life spent on anime: