FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS, EXTRA POINTS FOR DONATIONS (Until July 29th) -CLOSED- - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > General > Club Chat > TACO: The Anime-Planet Contributors Organization

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Kari5
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Default FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS, EXTRA POINTS FOR DONATIONS (Until July 29th) -CLOSED-

Here at TACO, we're all about supporting the site by providing extra content, reviews, recs, and donations, and right now the site needs a bit of extra support. Please read the news announcement for more information.

So for the next two weeks, today until the 29th, all donations will be worth 50% more TACO points!
Just write "Donating for maintenance" when you claim your points :) So if you're looking to climb the ranks of TACO, now is the perfect time to do it!
Keep in mind ANY amount is helpful! As Sothis sometimes points out, if everyone on the site donated at least 1$, she'd have enough money to run the site for a looong time. Donate 1$, or donate 20$, doesn't matter, but of course the more the merrier ;)

If you can't help out with donations, I encourage you to continue TACO activities. More active site=more users=chance of more donations/ad revenue. So write some recs and reviews! (or cash in some points to make others write the reviews for you)

(I'm thinking of having small events like this in the future. Either giving points for other activities like welcoming users, or awarding extra points for a limited time. Reply with thoughts/ideas?)

Last edited by Kari5; 07-14-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
NarkyOtic
Narkylepsy
Otaku

Default re: FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS, EXTRA POINTS FOR DONATIONS (Until July 29th) -CLOSED-

Good initiative! I think that having the site down even for those few hours made people realise just how much they rely on A-P, and hopefully they are spurred on to help out.

I reckon periodical 'specials' could be useful to help engage more TACO recruits, like you've done here for donations to the maintenance situation. Perhaps you could consider bi-monthly/seasonal 'TACO Barrages' like this one, but each could be aimed at a particular contributor-based site function. For example, 'TACO Barrage! For the month of July TACO members will be awarded double points for user reviews!' and so on, rotating through.

These could of course be reactive to whatever section you think needs more attention at a given time, or it could be periodical, just to keep the wheels turning and the TACO name close to the surface of A-P culture.

Lost for words? Look no further: SVM - Professional Editing

Closed Thread