Activity feed is temporarily off of the profiles, and a warning about upcoming issues - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Site Information > Site Announcements

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
sothis
Overlord

Default Activity feed is temporarily off of the profiles, and a warning about upcoming issues

Hi everyone, there's something really wrong with the hard drive on the server that houses the activity feed, which is why there's been so many errors recently. The data center is going to help try to clone the drive to a new hard drive, which hopefully will work. In the meantime I've removed the feed section of the profile homepages, so in case there's an issue again, it won't break your profile pages at least.

Just be aware that because the feed is integrated throughout the site, IF there's an issue again while the server is being fixed, it may effect other pieces that i'm unaware of (for example, it may affect setting statuses if that database can't be reached). I have to go in to work tomorrow, but will try to get back to you quickly when I have status.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
NarkyOtic
Narkylepsy
Otaku

Default Re: Activity feed is temporarily off of the profiles, and a warning about upcoming is

Cheers for the heads-up! Hope it's all sorted soon.

Lost for words? Look no further: SVM - Professional Editing

NarkyOtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
Aranneas
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to Aranneas
Default Re: Activity feed is temporarily off of the profiles, and a warning about upcoming is

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry you're having to deal with yet more stuff piled on for AP, it seems like every week it encounters more issues. I very much appreciate all you're doing in keeping the place up.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
LizardLaw974
Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to LizardLaw974

Thank you for letting us know! and thank you for working so hard, we appreciate the hard work you do for the site! :)
Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
AirCommodore
Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to AirCommodore

Silver lining: now I can watch all the embarrassing anime and nobody can judge me~

(Good luck sorting everything out )
Old 10-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Garyuu
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

I don't know if it's related, but now that it is temporarily down, the site seems to be loading so much faster now (especially my profile).
Old 10-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
Funkgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyuu View Post
I don't know if it's related, but now that it is temporarily down, the site seems to be loading so much faster now (especially my profile).
I'd say the same thing. BUT I guess the Activity feed is back on track?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
GodzillaGus
Narumon Z

looking forward to stalking u all soon :)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
GodzillaGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #9
Madoka
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyuu View Post
I have noticed my page loads quickly again, i used to have it go slow and just assumed its because its rather packed with images and content but it could of been the activity feed i guess.
Its a shame seeing problems with the feed (especially if it was behind the slower profiles) because i actually quite liked the feature, ok i guess it lets you spy on people (good laugh xD) but its nice when you and someone are watching a anime at same time (kind of like with the anime buddies) so you can keep in line but anyways its only gone temporary non the less.
Best of luck with fixing any problems and as always thanks for maintaining the site so well :)

Madoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Drahken
Cross-eyed Cyclops

Don't get your hopes up commodore, the feed isn't off entirely, it's merely removed from your profile's main page. People can still spy on you via the feeds tab.