Forum pruning (pre-migration) has begun

those are site accounts. we're not migrating the site software atm, just the forum software.
Ah my bad. Reading the OP gave me the impression the main site was being migrated (and therefore pruned) during the current cleaning/moving process (it was likely the reference to reviews in stages 5+6 that threw me).

Thank you kindly for the clarification.

lol i didnt even notice anthing until i read this.
I guess that means you pruned the right things.

wouldnt you have rather had a different name, to keep your join date/posts? D:

4. Removed Creative Corner section
This was an executive decision I made today, and have been thinking about doing for awhile. The section isn't used much anymore, and has become somewhat of a honeypot for one-off self-promotion threads, usually from people who aren't site users and are just coming through to spam. Other site-user threads get posted sometimes, always self promotion for something, which is fine and all, but that stuff belongs in the user's personal profile (in your bio, etc)

I did move 3 sticky/big threads into general anime discussion (post your fav fan art and 2 others) and deleted the section. If you have personal stuff you'd like to promote (AMVs, personal blog posts, youtube reviews, etc), please put it into your profile bio from now on.

11. Removed Chat Quotes section
Another once-interesting oldie that's become unused

Hoping these were only soft deleted as some of the greatest and most hilarious threads in AP's history were in there. It would be such a shame if they were lost forever without a chance for saving the best of the best for future users enjoyment. I actually tried to find a few today to reminisce with some other AP members and am quite depressed that I can't find them. I'm really bummed out right now.

the section was basically zero used or posted in, i think had there been any sort of chatter I would have done so. but it was a ghost town for years

Well, at least we can start a new one on the new forum pid! No worries, always gonna be epic material to log. haha

there wont be a new chat quotes section, it was literally unused

the section was basically zero used or posted in, i think had there been any sort of chatter I would have done so. but it was a ghost town for years

It was an archive for the amazing. I would have loved to save around 5-6 threads from it. Gut busting laughter threads were in there. It was just really fantastic to show newer users some of the fun crazy shit we had on this forum back in the day. Was a real +1 for the forum. :[

if they only have forum names, yes

i'm not sure what level of pruning we'll do when we migrate over. we might just move the userbase as-is and prune later on once linking happens, or we might try to do the pruning/linking up front.

in the IDEAL situation (prune/link accounts), this will happen:

1. link all site and forum accounts if they have the same name and the same email address. this will be the responsibility of the user to make sure these are in sync as there's no way i'm willing to manually check hundreds of thousands of users. i'm guessing many people won't see the announcements but there's not much i can do about that (i'll promote for a few weeks on twitter/facebook/here but some people still won't see)

2. delete all unlinked forum accounts

3. automatically create forum accounts for any user on the site who doesn't have a linked account

4. for any new registrations, both accounts are created at the same time (ie it's a seamless experience and there's no concept of 'create another account', and no concept of 'there is another account'. to the user, it'll be like theres only 1 account)

Back