Appleseed: Ex Machina

shortlex

[sadht]Appleseed: Ex Machina[/sadht][sadhl=2311]appleseed-ex-machina[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Appleseed: Ex Machina
the next squel to the Appleseed,
I can't wait until be comes to DVD,
the english dub is already done, so it won't be long soon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-02-22/appleseed-ex-machina-premiere-tonight

appleseed2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GAWD!! Must get on Blu Ray!! :O So much high def my eyes will bleed out and my brain will ooze out my ears!!!

I can't wait for this. I loved the first movie.

short_lex, animenewsnetwork.com doesn't let people link to their images. Try copying the link and uploading it imageshack.us or something. This is all we see:
errorjq6.png

Looking forward to this. I like the first movie.

But does anyone have any info about the R1 dvds? Would be nice to know what audiotracks are on it. Some stores say that japanese is on it, others dont list it in the info. And a review on amazon.com says only english, french and spanish tracks are on it.
I find it odd that there dont seem to be any solid info about it released yet considering how close it is to it's release. Not what I can find at least. Perhaps anyone here have some better sources for this stuff?

Re: Appleseed: Ex Machina *

I was disappointed by the sequel. It's a lot like dumb and clichéd Hollywood action movies. The animation was impressive, but that alone didn't save most of the action scenes when their contents were otherwise unimaginative, boring or silly. A movie with nice effects but bad script (even for an action movie) and at best mediocre direction.

I've seen some of it and I had a really hard time dealing with the new character animations. They look like rubber action figures. I loved the first movie and the way the characters were animated in it, and I'm having a tough time adjusting to the change.

Also, you really didn't need to see John Woo's name in the credits to see his influence on it, which isn't a good thing in my opinion. I was really looking forward to this one but I've got to say it really seems like a step in the wrong direction.

I've seen some of it and I had a really hard time dealing with the new character animations. They look like rubber action figures. I loved the first movie and the way the characters were animated in it, and I'm having a tough time adjusting to the change.

Also, you really didn't need to see John Woo's name in the credits to see his influence on it, which isn't a good thing in my opinion. I was really looking forward to this one but I've got to say it really seems like a step in the wrong direction.

are you taking in contast with the OVA or the actual movie???

I had the same impression. They reminded me of plastic GI Joe's. If they're gonna put that much into it, the least they could do is add some skin textures or something.

The movie itself was pretty good, though.

Does anyone know if this thing is gonna be dubbed?
We should really get some industry reps into this forum

English 5.1, Japanese 5.1, French 2.0, Cantonese 2.0, Dutch 2.0, German 2.0, Spanish 2.0 and Portuguese 2.0 on a HDDVD by Warner home video. It differs slightly between formats though. Hi-Def Digest

Personally I think the plastic look is far better than the shiny look of the first movie. In the first it looked as if you could mirror yourself in their hair. It was very irritating IMO. Although it's not completely lost in Ex machina you atleast have dull surfaces aswell.

Otherwise I love both Appleseed movies :D

I liked the movie overall, the action sequences were better portrayed in this one then the previous movie. That's probably due to the fact that John Woo was involved with Ex Machina rather then the first, or am I wrong on that? Either way, he's known for some great action sequences in films.

I liked the movie overall, the action sequences were better portrayed in this one then the previous movie. That's probably due to the fact that John Woo was involved with Ex Machina rather then the first, or am I wrong on that? Either way, he's known for some great action sequences in films.

I agree. The action sequences were very good in this one. I enjoyed the this one alot.

Re: Appleseed: Ex Machina *

I was disappointed by the sequel. It's a lot like dumb and clichéd Hollywood action movies. The animation was impressive, but that alone didn't save most of the action scenes when their contents were otherwise unimaginative, boring or silly. A movie with nice effects but bad script (even for an action movie) and at best mediocre direction.

Thats how I felt about the first one... so I guess this one didn't change for the better like Karas did.

I thought the CGI was much better for Ex Machina than the original, the story was sufficient and the action was awesome.

I agree that the story was a rehash kinda disappointing, but with the cgi/hand drawn combination and good solid character back story it was another success for the Masamune Shirow name!

I really enjoyed Appleseed:Ex Machina so I decided to buy Vexille since it was from the same creators.

Back