Ghost Hunt

B

BTime

[sadht]Ghost Hunt[/sadht][sadhl=1200]ghost-hunt[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

This show has been out for awhile now, and looking for something new I gave it a try and for what it is, is pretty entertaining.

If you're looking for something else to add to your anime viewing, this is a fairly decent show IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll second that vote. It is rather addicting in comparison to the lack luster ghost hunt shows of reality tv at the very least.

Last edited:
Ahh.. I love this show, although I really have to collect the sets of episodes that tell the stories before I watch them. Very nice show and a lot of likable characters to boot.

Indeed, very entertaining. The "bloodstained labyrith" story from eps 18-21 is the scariest, so far.

The Cursed House is very suspenseful and intensed for me cause the characters have never been in so much trouble. Although the Bloodstained Labyrith was kind of creepy because of the graphic and the characters were actually in danger unlike previous cases I was more scared with the Doll House case.

Re: * Ghost Hunt

I love Ghost Hunt!
The story was excellent, the characters great and the animation good.
I watched them a while ago now, but the last episode
(forgot the name) was rather scary too well creepy with the zombies i thought, but the doll house and labyrinith was definately up there.
I thought the ending was rather abrupt, and aparently to the manga and novels they left a lot out of the storyline - or rather didnt have enough episodes to explain it to its full extent! I'm planning on reading the manga and novels! but havent been able to hunt them down so far - although i have read a lot of spoilers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ghost Hunt *

Absolutely LOVED Ghost Hunt. Though I hear the novels covered a lot more than the anime did. However, I never really hear much about the anime, I don't assume it was received well. So I'm not holding out for a second series :(

(Ever so) slowly restarting this. Just got done with "Ningyou no Ie." A rather enjoyable ride like I remembered from before. I read a bit of Akuryou in the past and found Ono's mysteries to be quite compelling in a way that is not obvious at first glance. The only hard part now is I would prefer to watch this show in chunks, and each chunk is 3-4 eps. :crying:

It is somewhat in that you get a group of "friends" going around solving paranormal events. It's a bit better than that though . . . ;p

Great shoujo/mystery/horror show. Not as great as some of Ono's other works, but still excellent. Mai's a great lead, and watching the interactions of all the other characters was fun too. Highly recommend. Just too bad Eugene never got explained . . .

Episode 1:

Hmm, I don't know about this one. At first glance it looks interesting, but this first episode felt very rushed, like they were trying to put many things on it and thus the time each scene should have had to make a proper effect was severely abridged.

Anyways, it seems it will be a light-hearted kind of take on the horror genre, but maybe I'm wrong on this. Either way it should be good as long as it's done well, but I'll always prefer dark. =P For the meantime I must watch some more before giving a proper opinion on the show's nature.

The OP and ED were really simplistic video-wise, but both had some pretty nice music, especially the OP.

Episode 1:
I think the first episode felt rushed because they introduced so many characters all at once. I thought it was funny how the ghost hunters just started crawling out of the woodwork. It'll be interesting to see who is legit and who is full of shit.

So far it doesn't really feel all that dark or horror like but it was just the first episode so there is time to build up the atmosphere. I think the show could go either way at this point I think the next episode will tell us alot about where this is going and what kind of series it's going to be.

I liked the OP and ED they were both very fitting for what I hope is going to be a dark horror story. The animation is alright but it looked great after watching Beck's shitty style.

Episode 2:

This was over surprisingly fast. I guess I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. =P

Still, I think some parts feel a tad rushed, like when the medium went to check the floor and fell down. Overall though I like the building up they're doing for the mystery at hand and I really am interested in knowing the truth behind it. So far they've tried to deny it with some solid analysis of the building's structure and its subsoil, but it seems there's something after all, a being none of them could detect.

My guess is that it's actually a ghost that follows the annoying bespectacled girl, just like ''Naru'' stated at a certain point. I wouldn't be surprised however if it turned out to be the ghost of that teacher who supposedly committed suicide there, although then it wouldn't be much of a mystery.

Also the episode ended at an interesting point, so I'm looking forward to more. =P

Episode 2:
I thought this one was much better. They left out the exagerated comedy stuff and the mystery here is starting to draw me in. It seems too obvious for the ghost to be attached to glasses girl so I'm going out on a limb and say the ghost is really attached to Mei because she has some kind of spirit power. It did look like some kind of light was coming out of her hand before she went unconsious.

With so many characters it's hard to really get a handle on all of them but I have to say Naru sounded rather emo when he said "I'm sick with self-loathing." I'm sure we will get to see his past eventually so that should be interesting. I get the feeling that the Monk and Miko are both full of shit, they both thought their exorcism worked, then again Naru was wrong too. I'm not too sure about the Aussie or spirit girl though.

These episodes are flying by when I compare it to Beck, I'm not sure how that one got to be so over rated.

I think a mystery show like this is more fun to watch with the buddy system because we can throw theories back and forth.

Episode 3:

So in the end it was all Kuroda's doing after all, together with the building actually crumbling down.

The mystery was solved on a pretty anticlimactic manner, but I guess that was the point. They were all making a great deal out of it, but it turned out to be quite the mundane ocurrence.

So now we already have an example of a case that did not escalate further. Hopefully the next arc won't follow suit. :laugh:

As a minor complaint I wish they'd tone down the slapstick moments a bit more, they sort of get in the way.

Episode 3:
I'm satisfied with the way things turned out, but I want me some real ghosts next time. So you were half right about Kuroda, I thought it was too obvious but they did put a little twist on it. You're right it was a little anti-climatic but I still liked the presentation as a whole. I think if they do get going with real ghosts, we can get some really good mystery going. I would like for there to be a bit of a darker ambience but that might come from a more substantial case.

The thing is the show has some funny dialogue so they could do away with the exagerated slap stick and be fine. I thought it was actually funny at then end when the miko asked him out and he said couldn't because he liked what he saw when he looked in the mirror. Just through in a few nice little jokes like that and leave the slapstick out.

Overall I'm enjoying this alot at the moment. These episodes are going by rather quick so far.

Episode 4:

Yay! It seems it's a ghost from a non-human origin this time. It should prove interesting.

Apparently it has attached itself to the girl's doll. You can see this setting pretty often but for some reason I don't really get tired of it. Demonic dolls can be fairly creepy if handled well, as shown in Kikoushi Enma - although this show isn't as dark as Enma... oh well, it may still be worth looking forward to.

Other than that I like the dynamics between the protagonists. Just when Mei is getting full of herself with her reasoning Naru labels it cheap and crosses it out. =P

Back