Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

I just finished the first season a few days ago. Put off this series for like 3 years because I heard of its "sad ending" (I guess that didn't happen) Gotta say I fell in love with this series from the very first episode. My favorite character aside from Lelouch is Kallen. She is a strong and independent woman. Lelouch somehow reminds me of Light Yagami from Death Note. He's gotta be one of the best protagonists/antiheroes in anime history. I love this manipulative skills and his genius level thinking and damn he's so good at chess!!

Just wondering, am I the only hating Suzaku?? O__O I can't stand him!! I swear, he's getting on my nerves! Why would you fight for your enemy?????
I hate him too!

Why does it seem like Lelouch can never get it through his head that plans can go unexpectedly bad or that comiting acts of terrorism near the area where his friends live will have consequence? Or is it suppose to be apart of his character that he only thinks about how the plan should go?

^What episode are you on?
Cause I just watched both seasons recently, I feel like he had a pretty good idea of what was going on and even if he lost control he was active enough to react and regain control.

Why does it seem like Lelouch can never get it through his head that plans can go unexpectedly bad or that comiting acts of terrorism near the area where his friends live will have consequence?
It is a result of hubris. Too much pride/arrogance can lead to terrible, terrible things both in fiction and real life.

basically ^ that. Lelouch is the type of person that thinks if one of his plans is physically impossible to execute, then it must be Physics that has made a mistake. he'll then go about trying to teach Physics what's what.

Best anime i had ever seen. All the history and all the twists that lelouch had is perfect.
I highly recommend to watch both Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2.

I have the first 4 dvd's but cannot find dvd 5 or 6 to finish this box set. I guess I'll have to find a site to watch the rest on.

Code Geass is a very thrilling anime and has an interesting and complicated storyline. The score's also amazing (ex Madder Sky)

I'm not a mecha/sf person, but I've watched both Code Geass series. I don't remember why, though, but I guess it has to be pretty good to impress me that much.
I think I might have liked the storyline.

Lol, why am I so confused?

Just watched ep 8..

I've been holding off on this for a long time.......liking it more than I thought I would.

Thoughts after finishing the first season:
finally got back to watching it because of anime bingo. With all the twists and turns, this anime actually grew on me. For an original work, I was pleasantly surprised. I think this really made up for the disappointment I felt with Psycho Pass. Hope the second season keeps my hype going, but I still have stuff to do first. 4.5/5 for me!

Back