Basquash!

Aznmonster

[sadht]Basquash![/sadht][sadhl=2355]basquash[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Just saw episode 1,might be the best epiosde 1 for the season.

ED was awsome,I'm gonna watch this all through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Basquash

what a strange concept.
kind of fun though and cool animation.
the "date" scene was pretty awesome.

he double dribble's! someone needs to teach him the rules.

The rules might be differnt since there in Mecha,plus I don't think who would follow the rules anyway,he IS just some urban terroist trying to show off.Why would he follow the rules?

The rules might be differnt since there in Mecha,plus I don't think who would follow the rules anyway,he IS just some urban terroist trying to show off.Why would he follow the rules?

Psh, you and your reason. I did think that the point of him actually dribbling was to show what bball was actually like?

I'm taken by the design. the city is pretty funky, and classic car robots?! seriously. But I hope it doesn't get too sport-y, it just doesn't seem like it'll be interesting to watch prolonged matches of robo basketball, especially when people can just double dribble when they want to ;p

Woooo!

I liked this a lot I think it has buckets of potential. It's Gurren Lagann meets Tekkon Kinkreet goes basketball by way of hip-hop it's funny and cool and pretty stylish and well animated; at the core are a hoard of shonen cliches but they're well executed again in a rather Gurren Lagann-esque fashion.

Fun stuff I'm glad I checked this out I'll be coming back for more.

Just watched the first episode, and it has to have some of the most gorgeous backgrounds I have ever seen in an anime. Premise seems good enough, execution is brilliant, and it looks like the next episode will be even better.

Pleasantly surprised and will definitely be making this a weekly watch.

My only real complaint about the episode was a little too big of a focus on Miyuki's chest but hey-ho.

My only real complaint about the episode was a little too big of a focus on Miyuki's chest but hey-ho.

You and I, two completely different wavelengths. That was one thing that got me thinking TTGL especially, that's some actually amusing ecchi humour right there.

My own reservations would be, well, the premise going stale fast and losing its sheen of cool. A whole lot of stuff happened in the first episode but will future installments tank Ride Back-edly into mediocre recitations of tournament formula? Basquash needs just a little more than it's shown me to really succeed, but here's hoping it does so.

Worse still what if it goes for genuine emotional pathos? The emotional core of this series is ridiculously cliched and could quickly become bathetic if it can't balance its silliness well.

Worse still what if it goes for genuine emotional pathos? The emotional core of this series is ridiculously cliched and could quickly become bathetic if it can't balance its silliness well.
Hmm,well seeing as how that girl (forgot her name) reacted when she saw Dan play,there might be a chance Miyuki will be in competition for Dan's heart.

excellent point. how many times do we need to see A. tragic brother-sister thing and B. the childhood promise?

I wonder where the whole idea of the childhood promise comes from in anime storytelling. I mean sure it's a decent device to set up a romantic plot but but they are really flogging a dead horse with that shit. I wonder if it traces back to classic Japanese storytelling or is it a product of their current culture... anyway I'm getting off point here.......

if the basketball thing is just a vehicle to get us somewhere more awesome Ala TTGL this could become a classic. the production and crazy pace so far is freaking sweet. But I DO NOT want to see an entire mecha/sports anime peppered with emo crap and ecchi but I am going to watch it anyway :...:

when should we be expecting episode 2? It should be coming out real soon right?

When picking what I was gonna watch this season this show was one of my first ones to throw away it just sounded well stupid. But after reading alot of posative comments about it and having dropped anumber of disappointing shows already and decided to give it a go.

Well I was very plesantly surprised, still hated the idea of Big Foot Basketball but still really did enjoy it.

and as for it having many similarities as Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, well you could almost say it was a complete rip off... you just have to look at the half way point to realise that. Not to mention

- Wanting to get to the moon/Wanting to get to the surface
- The Female lead...
- The Style

But it doesn't have a character like Kamina, that would have been the first thing I would have copied. Either way a very nice surprise hope it continues to be as good as the first ep.

I really enjoyed the first episode, I expect a lot of crowd reaction in the near future ^.^ can't wait.

and as for it having many similarities as Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, well you could almost say it was a complete rip off...
Oh, totally.

And I don't hold that against Basquash at all. Give me a good ripoff of TTGL and I'm a happy camper.

Episode 2

What impressed me is that the moment of pathos here was actually well executed, and the characters (while hardly original) are identifiable and likeable. It's a little slow in parts but definitely another satisfying episode that confirmed my suspicions from the first one:

Namely that this is gonna be a fun ride. Hells yeah!

The ecchi's getting excessive no?

I'm glad it's not flying down the organized sport path. The pathos valondar mentions, as well the main character's (what's his name again? I just remember dunk mask) personality seems fit for an adventure/shounen, but if it delves deep into sports competition, I think "this dunk is for my sister!" or something along those lines would just be cheesy and uninteresting.

Edit: haha the music video stuck in the middle of ep2...what was that?!

Back