La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~

wolfangel87

La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~
(a.k.a. Kin'iro no Chord: Primo Passo)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I just started watching this anime and the first episode got me hooked!!!! I can't believe how good it is and how no one has started to talk about it yet!!

I absolutely LOVE the music in the series!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: La Corda D'Oro

AniDB said:
Based on a game from the "neo romance" romance simulation series.

The Hoshisou High School has a tradition of two different classes. They are seperated into ordinary classes and music classes.

One day, the second-year student Kahoko Hino, who applies the ordinary classes, meets Lily, the music fairy, who gives her a magic violin. Afterwards she is being nominated for a music contest in the school.

Thus her step into the music world begins as she interacts with the other contestants. The whereabouts of love, friendship, and the contest that surrounds all of it but also rivalry and intrigue, all of that awaits her before she can finally reach her newfound dream.

Hmm, music as a major theme.. Might be interesting (being a musician myself), so thanks for the tip.

Not the type of music i expect to find in this show, that's for sure. I'm a selfthought bassist focusing mainly on Melodic Death Metal, sometimes with folk music influences. I'm not all that good though. :sweat:

Sorry you got a false impression of the anime, I tend to like all types of music (though I am mainly a rock/metal girl)

Do your best!:balloon::smile:

How did you conclude i got a false impression? And i might add that while i play almost melodic death exclusively, i'm a huge fan of classic and folk music, though i can enjoy just about any type of music aslong as it's well executed. :P

It went from a strong 4 star to a weaker 3 star for me the last 10 eps. It is not nearly as good as Nodame, but it is defenitely worth watching.

I've read the first chapter of the manga, and have been meaning to watch the anime, sometime. It looked good :0
(Or at least I think it was this anime's manga. Might've been a similar one. XD)

I ended up dropping this anime -beautiful music- but the story sucks
If you like this then you'll 100% enjoy Nodame Cantabile. the musical score is fantastic and its was awesome picking up on how the characters skill improved via better playing ~i love Nodame~
You could also try Black heaven although i haven't seen it yet it might be good (more rock music :))

I guess I have to give this series another try......
I bought the manga and got bored with it and never finished. That was only vol. 1
But instead of selling it on Ebay I kept it just in case. So I guess I'll read it and see why you guys love it so much ^_^

Looks interesting. It's on my "Anime To-Watch" list now.

I think being a musician would be difficult. My dad is a lecturer in music at the University of the Northern Terrority in Australia; however, before that he had tremendous difficultly finding work and making ends meet.

It's great to do what you love; however, I think particularly in the case of musicians, that it must be pretty tough. However, so far all the musicians I know are quite content that they've made the right choice. Still I think you need that detirmined attitude and a hardened resolve to make it work.

La Corda: Hino's guy

I was quite torn on this I don't know who I think Hino should end up with. I am kinda gravitating towards Len Tsukimori, he was a cutie!

Re: La Corda: Hino's guy

I agree! Tsukimori belongs with Kaho. It was still kind of hard for me to choose though...I also like Kaho paired with Hihara or Tsuchiura.

Jeez...this anime really needs a second season! They just can't leave things so open ended in terms of love interests. Kaho needs to pick one! The special was really frustrating for me to watch because it showed that deep down, Kaho loved them all.

I would answer this but I would sound ghey.
I think the anime leans towards Tsuchiura.

i always leaned towwards Kazuki Hihara.
he always treated her so well.
and i agree, the special was very frusterating to watch indeed.
i really hope there is a second season!!!

Why can't she have more than one?

However, so that I could give you a singular answer... I pondered this question in reverse. Which character needs her influence the most to be "better" as a musician and a person? Who needs her to find his own happiness? This is obviously Tsukimori. He drives himself too hard and doesn't really know how to appreciate things simply; so, he gets my vote.

On her side, all of them have their good points, but I think our jazz musician Hihara would be the best comfort zone for her. I don't think they actually need each other though. Both of them are the friendly sorts that could find a good mate otherwise. If I picked one purely from her side of the fence, I'd go with flute boy because I'm willing to bet that he would smile as he killed someone who hurt her. I like that quality in a man.

I'm having a hard time deciding. I have two strong choices though, Len and Ryoutaro. They're both good looking, but I think she should end up with Ryoutaro because when Len and her are together, they're so quiet, although they look good together. Ryoutaro's more conversational and more of a boyfriend material than Len.

Actually, the reason why I choose Ryou to be with Hino because... LEN's MINE!! *evil laugh* MINE I TELL YOU, MINE!! :D

Back