Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Wolfco

Forum Moderator
[sadht=When They Cry - Higurashi]Higurashi no Naku Koro ni[/sadht][sadhl=1099]higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

I would just like to say that the opening sequence of this series is odd.

Why would you open the show with the main character (naive nice guy) beating two of the other main characters (cute little girls with dangerous habits) to death? Even for true horror it seems a bit odd. I don't find anime scary in any case, but it seems like you eliminate all the possibility of surprise when you show the end-perversion of the main character at the beginning of the show. It isn't like this is a vengence-type show where you begin the show with the main characters revenge and then go back and explain how our "dark" hero got that point (aka loosing job and family). Where is the fun in "Look at our madman! See how we drove him insane."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sort of watching this... I'm not really much for horror-anime... brings back too many memories of Narutaru. *shudders*
but I don't know, I kind of like the characters -especially mi-chan- when they're not murdering people. :P

Episode 5+
after everyone dies in the end of episode 4... things turn back to normal in episode 5. but we get to see another murder being commited in the beginning... probably we'll see that event in episode 9?

man i just dont get it, the first mini arc (4 eps) were great, it didnt matter that the last seen was the first seen cause the rest of the first ep kind of made me want to see how it got there. Now on ep 5 i really wanna see how that ending is played out.

I almost feel like later in the series somthing is going to tie this all togther, but that also might just be wishful thinking. Either way im sorta hooked cause i really want to know how they get from point A to B

Ok, im speculating about ending so ill put spoiler tags just in case im right :-)...

After watching ep 4 i wonder if the way story is told has something to do with that game they are playing.. you know, like in the end it all turns out to be just a buch of stories they made up..
edit: if every arc would take 4 eps - in one full season we will see one story for every club member. This also explains why everything got resetted after ep 4. I guess we (viewers) would have to guess who is telling each story - im tired now but i would bet on that letters he got on food with needle are the anwser for that one (a b c d e - no idea what could that mean :) ) . Afaik he never solved that? Also action got faster then, so we could forget about it... but maybe im just tired after all.

Last edited:
No one want to try guessing what is it all about? Come on, its always fun to read such stuff after show ends ;-).

ep5
After watching ep5 im almost sure about those stories - all is slighty different and liiitle more adult (love theme) so i would be guessing thats Mions story. Also she seems to have bigger breasts now.. or maybe its just me.
And that would make previous arc thats 'cute psycho' girl story.

lol uriel ur prolly right abt the ending, but this is a graet show nontheless, simply for the cool levels of sickness in it ^_^ assuch its my second fav of this season with haruhi edging slightly ahead :D

Alright, pretty new to the anime scene.. first saw Tenchi Muyo witch I thought was pretty fun and cool, I was recomended Elfen Lied, after watching and loving it, I found Death Note, loved it, and Hellsing (Both OVA and T.V. series) I decided that my favorite kind of anime involves killing, taking over the world, and laughing while killing.. I especially love the way Hellsing Ultimate does it.

So, naturally, after seeing this picture on /a/, I try to find out what it's from:

1210554177696.jpg

Eventually learned that it's from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.. and I must say, after watching the first arc, it had me pretty freaked out.. I really don't know why, especially considering some of my favorite games include American McGee's Alice, F.E.A.R. and Silent Hill (2 was the best).. I donno, maybe those have nothing to do with this..

So, is it just me or is anyone else a little weirded out by this series? and if so, what is it that makes it like this?

I'm on episode 14 right now. I probably would have finished it by now, but I'm stalled on it so I can finish watching Shakugan no Shana Second. I'm not really weirded out. The freakiness, and crazyness makes it more exciting. Whenever something crazy happiness, I'm just thinking, "hellz yeah!" to myself. It is a great show, I can't wait to finish it and watch the second season.

That picture is actually my profile pic.

Your not alone my friend welcome to the dark side Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Hellsing Ultimate every one of those series are briljant dont know why it just is.

Slaughter.jpg

I would say that Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is basically just a game so no need to freak out since same thing can be repeated indefinitely until done right.

but of course all character expressions are done quite well.

You think the first arc was disturbing? Wait till you see the scene where that picture is from...

Great series. The second season was disappointing, but then again I knew it would be before I even watched it. Advice, stick with the first season. The only reason to watch the second season is if you really MUST know what the hell is going on.

Mm, I just started watching this. Can anyone tell me where the special fits in all of this? Does it come after the first season, before the first season, or after the second season? Or somewhere in between?

Just finished the second and third arcs, and the series has quickly grown to be pretty awesome.

I feel this picture sums up my feelings so far pretty well:

1211250642576.jpg

At first it was pretty weird, but now I'm eagerly awaiting the next vicious killing.

This was so much fun to read.
You guys just have no idea whats going to happen.
Second season is a small letdown but still worth watching if you love the anime.

Back