Bleach

Re: Bleach (Manga)

Chapter 579
Oh joy. Straight from the sudden-strongest-character to the psychotic perverts that help justify the extermination of the Quincy.
Kenpachi is going to get beaten now, isn't he?

The new chapter was a waste of space.
Did anyone really need an epilogue to the horrible Gemmy fight? The character was a shit stain even by Bleach standard.

And it's not going to get any better. Now we get a bunch of exaggerated villains coming in and they look like they're going to beat on an injured Kenpachi to prove that they're bad guys..again. I remember when Kenpachi was a badass, but now he gets torn up in a lame fucking fight so he's useless for the next stage of the battle. I don't know who is going to come along to save his ass and I couldn't care less.

This chapter was so lacking in content that it was pathetic and that's not even counting the little content there was sucked.

Oh trust me. If I were a brain in a jar with limitless creation power things would turn out quite different for me...

And Tite Kubo's body would be shit-flavored cookie.

Whoa! you could even imagine Bleach to be good, although that might cause you to have a stroke from the strain in the process.

Oh trust me. If I were a brain in a jar with limitless creation power things would turn out quite different for me...

And Tite Kubo's body would be shit-flavored cookie.

Whoa! you could even imagine Bleach to be good, although that might cause you to have a stroke from the strain in the process.
Why not just imagine that it gets cancelled by next week?
:pokerface:

Apparently it is Golden Week or something now, so there will be a week long gap in releases.
Unfortunately this means a holdup in actual good WSJ series like Shokugeki no Souma.
:crying:
At least Bleach has consistently been in the bottom-three series within the magazine for quote some time now. Would have been quite frustrating for it to be decently ranked.

Was last week golden week?

-----

Bleach actually updated this week?

Apocalypse no Toride and Denpa Kyoushi updated, sweet. The latter really needs to pick up the- Oh, chapter.

Chapter 579

I think I'm going to be sick. I feel ill...

Look at this smarmy little shit. He thinks he imagined Kenpachi's badass power to fucking crush the fucking shit out of meteors? He thinks all this shit and his downfall was his doing? I feel a ra-

Oh fucking tits... this is just too boring. Half a chapter wasted, and half of half a chapter that could have been condensed into half a page, all of it about that little shit Douchey McShits.

Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.

Wait, something just happened. Something that reminds me of Taken.

Spoilers on the movie:
Some douchebag slave traders kidnap his daughter (And her trampy friend), he talks to them saying how he is a certified badass (Retired special forces agent who specialized in dropkicking terrorism in the nuts) and that if said douchedicks let them go, he wouldn't feed them their own scrotums. They didn't and wished him luck on finding them.
He found them two days later.
Pretty sure any slave trading dickshit he found died.

Alternate titles: Papa Wolf: The movie; Liam Nelson Kicks Shitloads of Ass; You Don't Fuck With Liam Nelson; People Getting Punched and Shot; Liam Nelson Is Kicking Your Ass.

It was a great movie.

Rest of it because I like stuff where the kid gets kidnapped and the parental figure goes all papa wolf/mama bear on them fools who kidnapped said kid. Ass kicking ensues.

It's Squad Tits, and I'm actually kinda excited for this not for the fanservice but there's a slight not really there chance of there being an explanation of what happened to Leader Chesty LaRue after her squad turned their back on her and probably ate her flesh to assimilate their power.

And the shit in the first half? That so deserves a rant, if half of it weren't so fucking boring as fuck.

Chapter 579
Oh joy. Straight from the sudden-strongest-character to the psychotic perverts that help justify the extermination of the Quincy.
Kenpachi is going to get beaten now, isn't he?

:seriously: That is the most retarded ass plot direction that can happen.

$10 bucks on Kenpachi losing the first round.
And that they had something to do with Yachiru.

Well, yes. We've been caught up for a while now.
Remind yourself to drop the series after the Soul Society arc is over. Then you'll mostly just have fond, uncorrupted memories.

What chapter does that arc end? I'll have to keep that in mind! Although I'm really enjoying it at the minute, I can't imagine it'll get that bad D:

What chapter does that arc end? I'll have to keep that in mind! Although I'm really enjoying it at the minute, I can't imagine it'll get that bad D:
Chapter 182, basically.

Now, it doesn't go belly up immediately after. In fact, there's plenty memorable characters and moments for some time. But that is just setting oneself up for a great deal of hurt.
What is immediately apparent is that the following arc basically copy-pastes a lot of the story structure from the soul society arc, but it ends up having absolutely nowhere near the same payoff(and the Hueco mundo arc is infamously dragged out. Like, it took over four years to get done with just that one part of a grander arc)
The author clearly cares less and less for the art.
Do you see all those backgrounds on the chapters you're reading now?
Yeah, Kubo basically stops adding backgrounds. And when he does add some, it's as minimalist and lazy as possible.
The story deteriorates over time, and some characters like Orihime are just utterly ruined.
And Rukia is made into a secondary character, pretty much.
In the end it just isn't worth it beyond the Soul society arc.
I'm only still reading this now because the series will end "soon", and I feel like I have to complete what used to be one of my favorite series.

But it's up to you, of course. And surely you'll find plenty people desperately defending this wreck.

Speaking of Kubo being lazy, the chapters have also have less content the further in you get. Bleach chapters were never all that dense, especially when compared to something like One Piece, but since the anime ended the amount of wasted space and chapters where only a one or two minor things have increased pretty dramatically. Normally you'd expect the opposite, the chapters should be getting more dense as the characters and scope of the story expand. A manga like Shokugeki no Soma is doing it right. The chapters were always pretty satisfying, but over the last 5-6 chapters there has been a lot more stuff going on which makes it even more satisfying to read every week. Whereas with Bleach there was an entire chapter where nothing happened except Ichigo starts running down some stairs and that was 30-40 chapters ago, and there's still no sign of him showing up any time soon. There are other examples I could give but that one is the most ridiculous and not a spoiler.

The lack of content in the chapters is also going to make it hell for the studio if they ever try to make an anime for it again. It's either going to be adapting 4-5 chapters per episode or a shitton of filler and beyond the story going downhill anyway, the amount of filler in the Bleach anime makes some of it pretty damn un-watchable. There are a ton of really cringe worthy filler episodes that come in during awkward times during the anime. There's nothing like being in the middle of a fight only to have the next episode be the Shinigami going to a film festival or a Kon episode.

If they make an anime continuation, they'll probably do it after the series has ended. Then they can compress it fairly easily into a two-cour season or something, like what happened with Inuyasha.

Yeah, that's true. Bleach's heyday is well in the past by now so there's no reason to rush it back into production. I guess we can all hope that readership will drop off so much by the time this train wreck arc ends that no one will want to make it anyway.

Unless there's someone out there that really feels like Gemmy just has to be animated.

Is Gemmy- Aw fuck, now I remember. That little shitfuck. He was a turd stain on a turd stain on the underwear of when Bleach was quality 600 chapters ago, when you could say you were a fan of it and not get smacked around.

I'd love some of the parts in the recent arc to be animated. Vice Captain Gorgeous with today's shiny, spiffy animation which would make her extremely gorgeous. Unfortunately... that means
Creepy ass rapist old guy who looks like he moonlights at a hospital as Dr. Ben Dover or Dr. Ned Crow Philiac when he shouldn't be anywhere near people or animals all in mind scarring HD

Horror villain of the year.

They'd probably get Yuki Kaji to voice Imagination Boy. Can you picture the cringe?
Got nothing against him, but he's a good actor of the sort that never manages to improve on a fundamentally bad character.
At least not on ones with a higher pitched voice. So yes. Cringe.

How fucking dare you do this to kenpachi kubo, How fucking dare you !@^#*&!@^# :flip:

Last edited by a moderator:

^Spoiler tag your shit, Anu.

Chapter 580
...really? Really?
You know, Kubo, having the villains act "mildly interested, but mostly indifferent" does not make them seem intimidating. It's the ONLY mood you can seem to give them nowadays!
And these bitches feel as shoehorned as Gemmy. They alone justify the extermination of the Quincy.

And now Kepnachi has been utterly fucked as a character. All that development and powerup bullshit for nothing.

Back