Claymore

Lord_Vegita

Claymore

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Well another good manga has been turned into an anime. i just saw ep 1 up by Eclipse in both xvid and h.264.

will update this later with my thoughts on the first ep. i've already read what's out in the english manga so far so this will be a scrutinization of how they did on things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Claymore [Action]

I like it, I don't know why but strong/silence/calculated female characters always appeal to me. Going by the first episode, this show is made of win. For some reason I find the constant clanking of her metal boots extreemly cool.

Yup.
Seemingly cold, strong women are WIN!

Never read the manga, but heard it's good... the premise seems interesting after ep.1.
The art so far is so-so, not too bad. It's hard to judge so early on, but I DO like chara designs and seiyuu choice.
For those who didn't read manga - gore warning. Like, chopped off heads and blood gushing, disemboweled humans, etc. Yum!!

I liked the first episode. It felt closer to Beserk than anything I've watched in a while . I do have a logistical question for a first person watcher (aka as aired on TV). Did it appear that some scenes were so dark that the detail was lost, or is it just that the detail I was expecting isn't there?

yeah, i don't know if that had to do with the encode or the series its self is actually that dark. it could be something similar to the fog of censoring that the japanese use a lot.

the boots really do sound cool. it's also kind of nice with the contrast of raki being loud and in your facel; while he's a little whinny it really isn't that bad. then you have clare being the silent killer that she is with a big sword and cool metal greaves that make a nice sound when she walks :p.

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, though I'm not sure whether Raki's presence is good for the contrast or bad for the mood. Ah well, I imagine there's good reason. Agreed on the boots, I also liked the random bagpipe track, that's a nice touch. The ending is pretty good as well.

IYAAAAAA!!!! female main characters really disturbs me!!!!!! *Julian will not be watching this -.-

Looks very promising. Not a fan of gore-horror in general because I think it's so difficult to pull off well without repeating what others have done or sink into pure cliche. But this anime might actually be a 7/10 if it continues like this. Maybe an 8 if it throws in more surprises/originality. I liked both episodes 1 and 2, thought they carried a great level of emotional impact. On the other hand I'm worried about how far one can take the 'journeying' mechanism before it becomes repetitive.

The best and most pleasntly-surprising part was when the demon shed a tear in episode 1 and it was the kid's brother weeping for him from WITHIN the demon. Deliciously disturbing and touching at the same time.

Episode 3 was well good. Solved journeying repetitiveness by presenting us with multi-part story in one place quite early on. And I must say, the action is fantastic. This is inching its way to an 8.

Episode 4:
Is this another case of love saving the day? I seriously hope not.

Don't whine Viva. Anime isn't a genre of perfection. Claymore is great because it has good animation, decent character designs, acceptable character development, and some sort of real constructed plot. It won't be the best thing ever, but it will be a decent anime if it continues on this road. There is room during the journeying for further character development, good action sequences, and some interest theoretical discussion of what yoma are/how claymore's maintain their humanity for some period of time.

Why is it a problem in the end if love saves the day? If Raki's affection for her controls her hormonal responses, then I say that is fine. I seriously don't see this series degenerating into some happy everything is fine irregardless of the fact the world was going to end yesterday type series. It should be a nice progression where some sort of moderation is reached so that yoma don't overtake and destroy all of human civilization even though they can never be completely eliminated.

Re: Claymore - [Action] - [TV]

Lol. Did I say I expected anime (or ANY art form) to be perfect? I also take offence at the idea that I'm 'whining'.
I just hope it isn't as simple as love saved the day, mainly because the idea of Raki saying he wants to be with her forever somehow being magical enough to stop her turning at such a critical juncture is cheesy as hell. Not to mention the unbelievable suggestion that with all the love in the world, this is the only time 'love' has beaten the Yoma influence. I do presume they will answer this scene later on somehow.

It was just a point of discussion. I somehow don't buy into the 'hormone' argument (seems contrived). But it'd certainly be more original than 'love' being the key ingredient.

(ep 4)

Well, there's also the point that in all likelihood there's never been a case where a claymore has recieved affection from anybody... but still, while I can see Raki's words helping her hang on to her humanity, the sudden nature of the reversion back to human, and the big blast of light that accompanied it, was hopefully caused by something else - having something so drastic happen just because she shed a tear or whatever does seem a bit too magical. Perhaps the episode title ("Clare's Awakening") refers to something other than the Yoma takeover?

Regarding the spoilers - yes, Clare is a bit "special" and different from others of her kind (just wait for further episodes - or read manga) ^_~

I have to agree with Cetonis and sevencreature, Clare seems special, but the main is always special right. :D

Back