Strike Witches TV

Loli assault! :hamster: Haven't seen skygirls, but it's probably pretty similar. Lolis flying around in bloomers and shooting aliens with huge guns. This if anything gets Pedobear's seal of approval.

Last edited:
so far i dont like this anime at all, the action is nice but every 5 sec u have a panty shot guarantee which is kinda annoying, also as ive read in another comment to this series "the word underwear loses its meaning if its the only thing u are wearing" which is quite correct in this case^^

the whole anime seems be a combination of gunslinger girl and kanokon, if things keep on like this thats probably a "wont watch" or at least a "dropped"

PS: why do they get neko ears and tails when equipping whith weapons?

This anime seems particularly similar to Sky Girls, I'm not entirely thrilled with it, but I'll give it a couple more episodes to develop and we'll see what happens... it could turn out to be a bit better.

I think they get he neko ears and tails every time they use their witch powers, i don't think it has anything to do with their weapons in particular.

so far i dont like this anime at all, the action is nice but every 5 sec u have a panty shot guarantee which is kinda annoying, also as ive read in another comment to this series "the word underwear loses its meaning if its the only thing u are wearing" which is quite correct in this case^^

the whole anime seems be a combination of gunslinger girl and kanokon, if things keep on like this thats probably a "wont watch" or at least a "dropped"

PS: why do they get neko ears and tails when equipping whith weapons?
mahou!mahou!

anyway, spice and wolf started something: tails!
after spice and wolf ended, we get kanokon with more wolfs and tail buddys and right after this we get a loli tail show with a pair of animal ears...

spice and wolf was great, kanokon is also good, but this show seems to destroy my love to furry tails!

i just watched the ova and decided to NOT watch this show.

btw, do you want a girl friend that sounds like a airplane?

EDIT: gonzo will fail! FAIL HARD. good bye gonzo!

Speaking of Spice and Wolf, do you think there will be a second season of it? I really enjoyed that series, although it took me a while to get around to it. I didn't even think about it, was Strike Witches done by Gonzo, if so.... then the story will become incredibly redundant and I'll lose interest relatively quick. I"m not quite sure where the hype for Gonzo comes from, alot of the stuff I've seen that they did I would consider mediocre at best.

Strike Witches

Witches around the world are being recruited into a strike force against an alien presence that is attacking the world.

First episode was decent, however I found myself wishing that the Strike Witches would battle in Tights or Pants rather than Pantsu. If you can get past the panty shots it would seem there may be a story here worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Witches around the world are being recruited into a strike force against an alien presence that is attacking the world.

First episode was decent, however I found myself wishing that the Strike Witches would battle in Tights or Pants rather than Pantsu. If you can get past the panty shots it would seem there may be a story here worth watching.

spice and wolf was great, kanokon is also good, but this show seems to destroy my love to furry tails!
just started watching Inukami. there are some nice tales and it seems to be pretty good parody on series like Wagaya no Oinari-sama.
Speaking of Spice and Wolf, do you think there will be a second season of it?
I think there surely will be 1 to 2 seasons, since the story in incomplete.

back to topic. Strike Witches is a waste of time. I'll try to watch 2nd ep., if there would be no drastical changes then I'll drop it

Finished watching episode 2. Found it to be pretty good, more action, less pantsu shots. Plot wise, nothing really groundbreaking. I'll give this a few more episodes before deciding whether to drop it.

*Perked interest at Lex's comment!*

Anywho, I've been keeping up to date on this and it seems to be getting more interesting especially at what's happened at the end of the newest episode.

please use spoilers...

oh btw do they have a flying aircraft carrier?
I only seen ep 1 and the op, it seems that aircraft carrier is flying?

Episode 9 was really good:

Miyafuji goes after a Neuroi that begins to emulate her, changing into a humanoid form. Just as she reaches out to touch the neuroi's core, the others show up, and it shoots down Mio before fleeing (her shield fails again -- we learn in this episode that witches can only serve so long before their powers weaken). It's a mystery whether it's a trap or whether it's a genuine attempt at a "first contact."

Seems this has only 2 or 3 episodes left. Hope they don't rush the next episodes with what happened in ep 10.

Pants slow 'em down.

It's better than Sky Girls.
Now, you see, this anime is based on the doujin/figurine collection and is highly popular in Japan. For those who don't know, the characters are based off of real WWII flying aces and the weapons/planes are pretty authentic. Even though it's just a bunch of lolis flying around shooting, don't drop this anime for it is one of the more enjoyable ones this season.

How could you not watch this?
It's girls with guns about twice the size of themselves, fighting against big black flying objects that fires laser beams! Not to mention their transformation when they start using their magical powers!

But really, I wouldn't hold expectations too high for this series. The characters are given somewhat shallow look into their past, attempting to give some sort of reason why they're doing what they're doing.

I basically watch this whenever I feel like my thoughts aren't quite connecting at all.

Back