Kannazuki no Miko

Maybe you need a rewatch or too to understand exactly what went through Chikane's mind, but I believe that she knew exactly what was coming for her. And the "hide and seek" part might have been just an inaccurate translation for all we know.

I'll agree with you on one thing though, this show would have worked better if it was 24 episodes long.

Maybe you need a rewatch or too to understand exactly what went through Chikane's mind, but I believe that she knew exactly what was coming for her. And the "hide and seek" part might have been just an inaccurate translation for all we know.

I'll agree with you on one thing though, this show would have worked better if it was 24 episodes long.

Sure Chikane realized about halfway through that she was going to have to make a decision about which way to go. Which leads to another question if she was "fated" to become an Oorochi why did she have to highjack someone else's mech?
Another thing does this mean one of the Oorochi is always going to betray his own people, because quite frankly if dude didn't decided to protect the priestesses they would have been fucked.

And no I don't think a rewatch is going to help sort out this rather indegestible mess.

Sorry if I came across as trying to be insulting to you, that wasn't my intention. Obviously we feel very differently about the show and I doubt we are going to bridge that gap. ;)

Fire, it wasn't a mistranslation. I mean, I do understand a fair bit of Japanese, and the following was said:

Hachi no Kubi wa maido no kakurenbo to shite

Hachi no Kubi is 'Eighth Neck', maido means 'as usual', kakurenbo is 'hide-and-seek' and shiteru is the verb 'to do'.

In English, the whole thing does translate as shown in the screenshot.

Only Mecha series I sat through without contemplating when I should jump in front of a train. And will ever sit through.

^Bleh you have the worst reasons for liking shows. This show's plot was a complete mess and the mecha didn't look that great either. Hell the yuri stuff sucked too. Usually I don't care about yuri one way or the other but I found it very off putting here. The relationship between the girls wasn't believable at all.

Oh well you can just love it because you're a yuri fangirl.

^ Hey, i didn't say that was the only reason i watched it. I just thought it was an awesome show in general. And one more thing. Fuck you.

Last edited:
It was meh/decent for me I guess. Decent being something that keeps me mildly entertainment and doesn't make me want to pull out my hairs one by one. Still it was repetitive and also incoherent at times. One may give it credit for attempting to mix different genres together (mecha, shonen action, shojo-ai...) but if that isn't done properly the purpose is defeated.

^ Yeah I think the attempt to mix the genres that makes it such a train wreck at times. I didn't completely hate it but it's not something I'd recommend to people either. Trying to add all of the elements is nice in theory but not when they are done in such a shit fashion. It's not on my most hated list or anything, it's one of those shows I never think about unless someone mentions it.

Sadly this was the first show we buddied. Too bad it wasn't something more memorable but it also wasn't the worst show we've done.

Yeah, at least ridiculously portrayed lesbianism and flippant shonen sthereotypes were more entertaining than five blank walls trying to play in a band or a retarded kid wondering why a moving corpse won't behave like a human. As far as trashy entertainment goes however nothing yet beats the rap.

^ Just out of curiosity, what show are you referring to when you said "five blank walls trying to play in a band"?

^ Just out of curiosity, what show are you referring to when you said "five blank walls trying to play in a band"?

Yeah, at least ridiculously portrayed lesbianism and flippant shonen sthereotypes were more entertaining than five blank walls trying to play in a band or a retarded kid wondering why a moving corpse won't behave like a human. As far as trashy entertainment goes however nothing yet beats the rap.

And what was the retarded kid reference? I want to see this now :P

I still like Beck because it focuses on the music more, which is all that was needed of that show.

As for Kannazuki... meh. I never really got into it and I'm a HUGE yuri fan.

^ I almost didn't remember it (see, my brain is pretty damn selective), but it was Shikabane Hime. I wouldn't have ever remembered if it weren't because as stated above I watched this with Marius.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, ''the rap'' is a dullicious piece of retarded entertainment from the show Night Head Genesis, episode 14 or 15 or so. Camp and embarrassment made song.

^ I almost didn't remember it (see, my brain is pretty damn selective), but it was Shikabane Hime. I wouldn't have ever remembered if it weren't because as stated above I watched this with Marius.

Ah dammit, I've got that in my "Want to Watch" list. I need to ask now if it's worth watching? :P

Episode 1
Dunno why I've put off watching this show for so long. This one looks like a winner. We have a clear conflict, relatabl... ah, fuck it. This feels like trash, and it has aged not so well. I think the turn of the millennium might have been one of anime's general low points. We have a "quirky" concept of two schoolgirl lesbians and a guy shouting in his mecha, with hints of Asta in his screams. We got a lot established here, but it's not exactly interesting.

What was up with that flashback? Why not just show her accepting the ride?

Back