Ikkitousen: Great Guardians

manapua89

Ikkitousen: Great Guardians

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

well there is now i believe 9 episodes?

i just wanted to converse on this and pretty much the whole ikkitousen series

anyone else seems its weird how the anime story and the manga story hardly follow each other? idk why but its something i would like to know if anyone has my answer =D and i'll probably <3 for a long time =P

going by the episodes so far

i think so far that this season might be more focus on shimei dragon, but thats only in my perspective

i also think that hakafu's sister, did not show up by coincidence but also has something to do with ouin (or saji whatever his name is:@_@:) plans or atleast there to stop it

i also believe that this season isnt as great as the second and first one, but there are nip slips (if thats allowed to be said :baka:), a little bit like the manga animation witch i like

Last edited by a moderator:
well i havent watched much of this season, actually i only watched the 1st ep, it didnt even have subs back than and i also dont read the manga, i may pick it up later but this show kinda turned into a perverted series with pointless battles, i would have to be very bored to watch it^^

now that i think about it i watched the 1st season but not sure

well i have the first 4 mangas and i watched the first 2 volumes of the first season and i have to agree with ern3sto its really not that big of a highlight but the manga has his charm at least its what i think i lke the drawings and not just because of the big boobs. its just nice to watch.

i think the most common reasen for series differs from mangas are that there are things the autor think that it might be better this way or want to change the direction but couldnt do it because of the story and how it already developed.

Episode 9 ... finally!

After Ep. 8, I was kinda worried they were gonna kill off Kanu, but it looks like she's ok. And with some background info unveiled in Ep. 9, something of a storyline is starting to form, but great guardians as a whole just feels as though it's going nowhere.

I have to confess what they did to Kan-u's character reeeeaaaaaally pissed me off. She's supposed to be the most kickass (other than Hakufu, naturally. We all bow to the awesomeness of Sonsaku Hakufu) character and they
turned her into a daydreaming-drooling-gaga-over-Gentoku-fangirl. It made me want to bang my head on my keyboard and cry.

As for episode 11:
Wow, as always Ryofu kicks some major ass. I'm a little confused, though. So, did Saji Genpou finally succeed in taking Ryomou's dragon?

I have to confess what they did to Kan-u's character reeeeaaaaaally pissed me off. She's supposed to be the most kickass (other than Hakufu, naturally. We all bow to the awesomeness of Sonsaku Hakufu) character and they
turned her into a daydreaming-drooling-gaga-over-Gentoku-fangirl. It made me want to bang my head on my keyboard and cry.

I didn't really mind the daydreaming-drooling-gaga thing. It added a vulnerable dimension to her. Even though she's kickass and all, Kanu needs love too LOL

As for episode 11:
Wow, as always Ryofu kicks some major ass. I'm a little confused, though. So, did Saji Genpou finally succeed in taking Ryomou's dragon?

From Episode 12:

Saji did take over Ryomou's dragon, but couldn't control it in the end. Hakufu ends up defeating her via the "friendship conquers all" sort of thing. It seemed as though the series ended with Ep. 12, but ANN has 13 episodes listed, with one to be aired this coming week.

In summation, I think I have to agree with Anime Insider when they said that Great Guardians "pushes the boundaries for what is permissible on japanese television". And that is about all it accomplished, really. I had expectations for GG because I really enjoyed Dragon Destiny, but the overall feel I got from Guardians was: "Look! We put nipples on all the boobies! Enjoy!"

We did enjoy that and thank you, however next time a little more of a plot if you don't mind.

tbh, i like the manga more then the series and i really hope that they have another season, but overall dragon destiny was the best season. btw, is the maga series finished?

Back