Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku

B

BTime

Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I just caught the first episode of this and was fairly impressed. The premise is listed on a couple of sites but to talk about that now would spoil the first episode.

A bunch of the series that I have been watching are now just finishing so am looking into some of the new shows to fill the gap in my viewing schedule, and so far Blue Drop looks to be a keeper if they can keep the quality up as put forth in the first episode.

I'll reserve the right to re-edit this post later once we get a few more eps. in. Apparently there will only be 13 episodes =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Blue Drop

Looks promising, a high school drama /sci-fi alien battle sim maybe?
I loved the BGM they were using.

I like the look of it. Yes, very much so. I'm being REALLY picky about the serieses I'm going for this season because I can't afford tog et stuck into 18 at once or whatever it is I did last time. But this one looks refreshing.

I liked the first episode. I'm curious to find out exactly whats going on though

I must be the black sheep, because to me... the first ep wasn't all that impressive. It got better torwards the end of it, and I do think this one could turn out decently. The next couple of eps will have to really work it.

You know what I wanna see? I wanna see them do the side stories.

One of them is about a guy who is forced to have sex with his (male) friend within one week or get killed. Only the male friend got turned into a girl and refuses to have sex with the guy unless he's dressed like a girl. Screwy story eh? You should see what the friend does to try to get the guy's attention. That's even more screwed up (so screwed up even the guy wonders what the hell's wrong with him).

Actually I'm mildly interested in this show, meaning I will pick it up and sit on it, hopefully watching it sometime in the next 5 years or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know the original manga is pretty weird (like purplemo described) but in case everyone else didn't know this is a yuri anime with sci-fi stuff. I watched the first episode and it was interesting but not the best thing I'd ever seen either. I still plan to watch it.

Last edited:

I thought it was very atmospheric and I liked the suitabiliy of the animation too. Gonna keep following it.

Watched it completely. (Has anyone else?)

It feels different from other shouji-ai anime I have watched.
I did not notice any fan-service. (No kissing, all there was, was holding hands.)
That said, I loved it. Absolutely disliked the first episode, but it only gets better in my view.

(By the way, epic dig.)

The premise avoids common sense just to fit the narrative. Lot's of stuff appear sudden out of the blue without a proper explanation. I really tried hard but it's really bad written and executed. Did you read ARAGON? This dude was 15 and his story had hands and legs. The Author of Blue Drop seams to have had amnesia in between the different acts.

Back