Toradora!

Seriously, I liked Minorin when I saw her for the first time, but then she had to open her mouth :(
How about we sew her mouth shut? :D

Tbh I never really minded Minorin that much because I suspected that her idiocy and strange behavior was meant as a mask to cover up a darker back story, and I found several clues to support this in the anime.
Sadly it turned out to be some crap about her not being able to play baseball or what ever the hell it was. At this point I had pretty much given up on the story anyway being that Taiga and Ryuji was getting it on, in one of the most predictable and boring endings I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong a few scenes thoughwards the end was decent but overall it fell from grace at an alarming rate at the end.

Seriously Ryuij... you have 3 choices: a girl with the body and mind of a 10 year old, an idiot and a hot model, who ofc isn't perfect, but is mature and cleaver. How did you manage to get that one wrong?

Tbh I never really minded Minorin that much because I suspected that her idiocy and strange behavior was meant as a mask to cover up a darker back story, and I found several clues to support this in the anime.
Sadly it turned out to be some crap about her not being able to play baseball or what ever the hell it was. At this point I had pretty much given up on the story anyway being that Taiga and Ryuji was getting it on, in one of the most predictable and boring endings I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong a few scenes thoughwards the end was decent but overall it fell from grace at an alarming rate at the end.

Seriously Ryuij... you have 3 choices: a girl with the body and mind of a 10 year old, an idiot and a hot model, who ofc isn't perfect, but is mature and cleaver. How did you manage to get that one wrong?

Minorin's just plain stupid.
Minorin... DIE!

Concerning Ami most of it is true but...
If she really was clever she wouldn't spend half of the time messing around, if she was clever she would try to get Ryuji instead of helping her rivals.
Actually I was happy Ryuji ended up with Taiga, it wouldn't feel ok if it was Ami imo and if it was Minorin I would probably nuke ASCII Media Works...
I wont comment Kitamura lol ._.

They never once delved into Minorin to tell us why she acted so fucking stupid. All that can be done is make assumptions. I still believe it's because her parents don't beat her enough.

Regardless of that she's still an incredibly annoying little shit that this series could have easily done without. If she were a minor character it wouldn't have bothered me as much. They should have totally switched her with the student council president or something. Making her secondary and the pres primary would probably have worked a lot better.

I won't choose any side in the Minorin case. Though there was times when I found her very annoying and just wanted the scene to end so something better could happen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but
I always thought that Minori's strange behavior was a facade to cover up her feelings about Ryuji because she wanted Taiga to have him, which I thought was confirmed when she broke down and started crying at the end when Ryuji and Taiga got together and her reason for crying was confirmed by a comment either Kawashima or Kitamura made (there were also many other things in the anime that showed this). I don't think her facade had anything to do with not being able to play baseball as she used baseball as means to isolate herself from Taiga and Ryuji during the Christmas party. All of which I thought added to the shows recurring, underdevloped, and horribly cliché theme of running away.
I didn't really like or dislike Minori (or anyone for that matter). I thought that her eccentricity was funny in the first half, but like the whole show she just got boring after that.

If that were true she would have changed at some point in the last three episodes, which she didn't.

Torodora! Decent Anime. Certainly provoked some emotions. (mostly anger at times)
Was not fond of Minorins character and Kitamura. Felt a bit unrealistic many times with just how mean Taiga was, but its an anime, what can I say.

Didn't quite understand why Taiga left at the end of the series. I mean what was the whole point of that? That really kinda pissed me off and the constant pride of Minorin. Have to say though I think that was like the first major kiss I've seen in a show. Most of these kind of shows will get a holding hands and running of into the sunset crap, but they actually went through with it. I was taken by surprise there. I was a bit confused when Ryuji proposed on the bridge. I was like telling myself, well dang man she's not even you GF yet. lol
7.5/10 either a 3.5 or 4 out 5 stars.

Didn't quite understand why Taiga left at the end of the series. I mean what was the whole point of that?

about that question...

Ryūji had just made up with and got the approval of his family. taiga and Ryūji wanted the approval of taiga's family as well. Taiga got along fine with her mom, it was her father who was the issue, and frankly she didn't care about her dad. her mom wanted her to live with her. moving away and living with her mom for the year, was the price required to get her mom's approval for Ryūji and her to get married.

if you pay close attention to the end of the series you see they both come to the conclusion that running away from the people they loved and who loved them was immature and childish. they wanted to do it right. Taiga struck on that path on her own so as to placate her mother.

at least that's what i got out of it.

Yeah, I agree with Hab. Like whenever Taiga would glomp Minori yelling "Minorin!" I just wanted to yell "Get on with it!" like they did in Monty Python.

Can you elaborate please?

If her retarded randomness was a result of her suppressing her feelings in the hopes that Taiga would hook up with Ryuuji, then after they really did hook up she should have changed, but she didn't. Scenes after the fact still had her being retarded.

To be honest i kinda liked the minorin character, Quite funny and she reminds me of my sister. Acts so stupid but can be serious if need be.

Plus she was funny.

i know nothing about Toradora just yet. i'm not into romance or slice of life. but people i know who doesn't like these genres admit to liking Toradora still! so i might just give it a try.

i know nothing about Toradora just yet. i'm not into romance or slice of life. but people i know who doesn't like these genres admit to liking Toradora still! so i might just give it a try.

It's also properly hilarious for the first half of the series. Still very funny after that but it gets far more serious.
On episode 18. Will probably watch the rest in the next few hours. So obsessed with this. Hope it ends in a way I'll like. :D

Edit: Finished the series. Was better than Thor man-milk on toast. Ending didn't sit so well though.
Kitimara end - Great, weirdly got the best ending.
Ryuuji/Taiga - Pretty lukewarm. No surprise or revelation from the last episode. Piss poor closing words and very open ended.
Minori - What ending? Broke down crying.
Ami - Abysmal. All of 2-3 people know the real her and I don't think Ryu ever really understood her feelings. Please do prove me wrong though.

No idea why it was 25 episodes instead of 26, you know the normal length. Still a top 10 anime for me but some decent loose end tying would have made it much closer to #1, since the ending only lends itself to an ova or extra episode. There's just not another series there. :crying:

Last edited:
I just finished the series. I've never really had interest in this type of anime, so I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely put it in my top 3, if not my favorite.

The last couple of episodes perfected it. I loved the way it intended.

I was hoping that it wouldn't simply end with them getting together, leaving it at that. The way it was done, showing each party realizing that they aren't at the maturity level necessary for such steps made it all the better. I thought the ending episodes were perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved it. It was one of the best romantic comedies I had ever seen. The humour, romance and drama were perfectly combined. Also, the animation was awesome.

I just finished the series. I've never really had interest in this type of anime, so I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely put it in my top 3, if not my favorite.

The last couple of episodes perfected it. I loved the way it intended.

I was hoping that it wouldn't simply end with them getting together, leaving it at that. The way it was done, showing each party realizing that they aren't at the maturity level necessary for such steps made it all the better. I thought the ending episodes were perfect.

This is the true thing that I believe separates this anime from others. Others simply end with the two parties reciprocating their love, being together, or at least forgetting the fact that others love them and concentrate on emotions.

This anime brought us two teenagers who can think logically as well, and didn't just let their emotions take the better of them. Super pitch perfect

Hard to see another Romantic comedy type anime beating this in terms of an all round show. Just brilliant.

Back