Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

K

khyron

[sadht]Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo[/sadht][sadhl=692]bobobo-bo-bo-bobo[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Am I the only one here who loves this series?

Just the sheer randomness and zaniness of it is great =p

It's going to be on Cartoon Network later this year, but no good fansub groups have picked it up*. This makes me sad... I wish there was a good english group that liked it too :D

* Mugen-anime is a good group, but there's 30+ episodes available and they've only subbed 7? :( The only other group that has it is spanish, and I don't speak spanish =/

Last edited by a moderator:
khyron said:
Am I the only one here who loves this series?

Yes, everyone stopped watching, subbing and caring when they realized that just because something is stupid dose not mean its funny.

If you want more, there is a Bo-Bobo video game available. I kid you not..

Re: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo *

man how i love this show.it's definitely one of the funniest i've seen.i can't stop laughing while watching it,thing that never usually happens to me.too bad i've only seen like 20 eps.

Haven't started yet but oh boy for some reason i can't wait! XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, just watched the first episode... it is spastic as hell... will comment after episode 2... IQ dropping only slightly so far, but i'm sure it gets worse

not even sure if this is a spoiler, lol but... either way, the funniest part of it so far in my eyes is the movies of bobobo's past, where the name of episode is YOU and there are like 12 japanese characters, lol, is it just me or has anyone else thought that before in your life?

-I wield my nose hairs to defeat my enemies, yes you baldy...

so, uhhhmmmm, other than the random events not really sure what to discuss, so i'll wait to see what else happens

Last edited:
This. Is. Bad.

Like, really terrible.

I think I giggled once, and I can't even remember why... ah well, only 74 episodes to go >.<

Anyone else notice that a 22 minute episode feels like is goes on for an hour?

H.

^^ i thought that too. they really do look alike...

glad you aren't enjoying this! XD Too bad that I'm with you in this boat.

the show feels like it was thrown into a Japanese toilet. made it over to an American toilet. someone decided to pull it out instead of going having it go to the burning place. dried it out, whapped it around for a bit and threw it at the most retarded person in television that would agree to put it on the air.

No offence to the yanks, but this really does feel like it was made for an american audience. The humour, the voice actors and the characters are more western than most Japanese shows. I wonder what the JP viewing figures were like....

H.

i personally think all the dialog was changed when put into English because the things that are said are just too absurd to believe otherwise for me.

I refuse to watch this garbage. I saw it as a commercial on CN a few years ago and said, "My God, what has Adult Swim done to themselves...?"

And thus far, for a whole year now, I've gone without watching any TV whatsoever. If I need to watch anything, even garbage collecting flies, I can watch it over the net.

No offence to the yanks, but this really does feel like it was made for an american audience. The humour, the voice actors and the characters are more western than most Japanese shows. I wonder what the JP viewing figures were like....

H.

As chii surmised, it's my understanding as well that the dialogue isn't 100% from the original as since a great deal of Japanese jokes don't translate well which makes it difficult to make an English equivalent. It suffers from the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei syndrome. =P

If you are watching the dub then do not consider it the same in the subs. You aren't watching the same show 100% really from my understanding. This show wasn't made for English audiences, but to get it to English audiences the dialogue needed some reworking. On top of that the fact that it's already random to begin with surely didn't help the process.

Do NOT clump this as American. It was altered due to language, not Country. As I mentioned over msn, if you are going to review this please stress which version you are reviewing, and try not to blame Americans for it, it comes off as a little racist especially considering this dub was for English speakers as a whole.

As an added note the show didn't fare well here in the states.

Last edited:
The fact is it was translated, and the jokes converted (and likely the context changed completely at times) for the most part, for an American audience as some of the jokes show.

Does not change the fact that this is a dub for English audiences as a whole. The damn things an incredibly random Parody pun machine, I'm sure you'll find a tea time in there somewhere. Bear in mind you're only 4 episodes in.

Also please give me an instance of American only dialogue. Looking through the first four episodes I have yet to see any dialogue that's specifically for Americans. Maybe I missed it. =/

Also an except from an ad for bobobo:

The anime is also well-known for its highly-successful English dub, which occasionally sacrifices accuracy to maintain the twisted humour of the anime.

The dub is for you as well brit. We don't spell humor humour in the states. :p

Last edited:
One thing I would like to point out (yea I know wiki is not 100% accurate).
Wikipedia said:
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a comedy influenced by Japanese manzai humor that uses puns, double-talk, breaking of the fourth wall, non-sexualized cross-dressing, visual gags, and satirical and pop-culture references, which makes its non sequitur humor very specific to Japanese audiences.
Even though this show is dubbed in English its still clearly based upon the japenese manzi comedy style and their pop culture. Its pretty evident from just watching a few episodes so far. This is just a translation from one language to another for all English audiences.

Anyone else notice that a 22 minute episode feels like is goes on for an hour?

Totally !

Of course its not going to be a perfect translation thats a given. There will always be a discrepancy between languages when translating and with having to rewrite some of the jokes/script to fit the with English language. I'm saying its not just a translation for an American audience, its for all English audiences.

And this show is perfect for you need some absurdly amusing antics. ^_^

Back