Facebook/twitter auto posts: now with standalone options for episodes, rating!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
In case you aren't aware, you can link your Facebook and Twitter.

Many of you have asked for more granularity on what you share for anime and manga updates - previously, you'd opt in to auto-post everything (status, ratings, episodes [or ch/vols for manga]). We've now added that granularity. You can now opt-in to post status, ratings and episodes individually (or all of them if you want)

If you have previously opted in to 'anime updates' or 'manga updates', you've been auto opted-in to these new granular settings. If you haven't opted in to anime/manga updates, you'll now be able to set them individually.

To link your accounts, go to edit profile and click one of the buttons - once the acct is linked you'll see a table of settings below the buttons. You must opt in for any of the auto posting to occur

:drinking:

Curiously, are you able to convince the posts to kind of merge together when marking multiple series? It seems like if I mark episodes within the same series, they merge to one post. But I just marked 4 series and they posted 4 times. I don't want to spam my poor facebook friends when I rapidfire mark stuff.

I think if there are a certain number of posts, facebook combines them automatically on your friends' feeds.

Unfortunately Twitter kinda spams. I am going to shut down auto on everything till I rate a show.

I think if there are a certain number of posts, facebook combines them automatically on your friends' feeds.

I dunno. If it's the same show, it does that. But if it's separate ones, it keeps it separated. Looks like this:

I get yelled at regularly by my girlfriend about it. Think auto truncating can be looked into?

no, there's no way to force facebook to group them as far as i know

Back