InuYasha

TheKing

InuYasha

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

this is fun :balloon:
i also did this because the website didn't review this anime, im glad i got to it first :smile:

STORY
The story goes at a smooth pace, is easy to grasp and is very original
but it has its flaws too, in this case its the fillers. It has a filler like, every 2 episodes. also the anime is unfinished, it just gone out with a bang. what is interesting about the anime is its atmosphere, one minute its a scary atmosphere next minute its happy:laugh: there is always a effect it gives you! after the first 10 episodes it gets a little repetitive. the fights is a little and lame.... aww who am i kidding, it just boils down to one attack; KAMI KIZU!!!! and Inuyasha seems to have only three attacks, the other characters also have powers but Miroku is confusing because there is no explanation of how he got his powers, neither has Shippo (would this go under characters?:baka:).

ANIMATION
The animation is very good, the fight scenes are disappointing though, most of the fight scenes are lame and repetitive and ends with one attack; Kami Kizu!!! (backlash wave!!!) anyways the visuals are nice, just watching a teen aged girl walking in the forest with Mountains fading in the background never looked more beautiful.

SOUND
Anyone who has watched Inuyasha had a favorite OP or ED, will at least everyone i met. The OST also is superb! the OST fits every scene perfectly, never had any Anime had such a Mysterious OST, (with the expection of FMA) the only OST that i had got annoying is the one played though funny scenes, regardless the OST is wonderful almost perfect. The voice acting is okay but Inuyashas voice.... is so annoying, the voice for Usopp from one piece fits him perfectly but for Inuyasha???

CHARACTERS
This is where Inuyasha truly shines! every character is lovable and cute, whether its Inuyasha acting like a dog or Miroku flirting with other girls. its also very interesting to see characters interacting with each other, Kagome is always trying to get Miroku and Sango to hook up with each other, the character development is also very good! every character has a background the only character i seemed to have a problem with is Kikiyo, she seems to have no personality... she is just there, just staring into space all the time and is a completely stuck up to Inuyasha, also Kagome and Inuyashas love doesn't seem to get any where, but anyways the characters are never... "out of character" even in fillers

OVERALL
The anime is very... okayish it was very hard to review this because the series is up and down all the time:confused:. i wouldn't blame you if you did not like this review:crying: but you got to understand that this anime has ALOT of fillers see my rating below

Story- 3.5/10
Animation- 7.5/10
Sound- 9.5/10
Characters- 8.5/10

Tell me, do you agree? :ramen:

Last edited by a moderator:
The best part of Inuyasha was the Shichinintai story arc. I thought that was awesome, but then it was killed by fillers and a shitty ass ending.

"What a shitload of fuck."

The best part of Inuyasha was the Shichinintai story arc. I thought that was awesome, but then it was killed by fillers and a shitty ass ending.

"What a shitload of fuck."

Can you even call that an ending? It was more like "We didn't feel like animating this story any more, so we're done."

Well, the manga is still ahead of the anime, so if you want to know the real ending, read the manga. Damm, too bad they didn't finished the anime...

I started to read the manga from where the anime left off, but lost interest somewhere around vol 40 and started to watch other animes. It just needs to die. It's been going on for at leat 10 years now hasn't it?

Actually InuYasha's attack is 'Kaze no Kizu' which is the wind scar(dub) or scar of the wind. The Backlash Wave(dub) is Bakuryūha the Explosive flowing wave, or Crushing stream.

When the anime it ended it was because they were caught up to the manga at that time and so instead of making up an ending they decided to end it with an actualy scene from the manga, leaving it open ended and open to further anime/OVA possibilities. The anime end was never meant to be the ending of InuYasha, just the end of the story up to that point. It was actually a really good breaking point.

We also do know where Miroku got his powers.

He inherited them from his father due to a curse placed on his family by Naraku. It's the whole reason Miroku was even looking for Naraku adn the shards when he met up with InuYasha and Kagome.

Sorry if this comes off rude or something, I don't intend for it to be, but InuYasha was the first anime I ever watched and is my favorite still

My review:

Story:7

At the root of things InuYasha is an amalgamation of many classic stories. It's about Kagome , a typical 15 year old girl who travels through time, meets a boy, goes on an adventure and in the process falls in love. The story itself isn't all that original, but that doesn't keep it from being interesting or having some very inspired moments.

I would say that the story is divided almost equally in three ways: character devlopement, plot, and filler. At some points there is little or no forward movement in the plot to allow for the very gradual character development in this series, and others the plot takes over. As for the filler aspect, InuYasha most definitely suffers from the monster of the week syndrom, even though it does tie into the plot, it at times can get repetative.

The series conclusion was left very open ended with a sense of looking toward the future and the rest of the journey.

Animation:7

I haven't watched much anime but the animation in InuYasha struck me as well done. The colors are bright and the drawing style, while not anything outstanding is good. A measure of classic anime methods are used among the main cast in that good characters tend to have large eyes and evil characters narrow and those of ambiguous intent or grey characters are somewhere in the middle. It doesn't suffer from an abundance of still shots and the backdrops while not the most detailed are soft and beautifully scenic.

Sound:7

The Japanese voice actors are well matched to their respective characters. Kappei Yamaguchi as InuYasha is particularly good, understated and emotive.

The English voice actors receive alot of criticism from more die hard fans, but in spite of what is sometimes a terrible translation, none of the voices stand out in a negative way. And while not as good as the original voicing the english cast gives above passable preformances.

There is not much music during the actual episodes but there are several opening and ending themes which all manage to capture the tone of their repective seasons well and a few are outstanding.

Characters:8.5

This is where the series really shines. Each of the main characters comes to us with a rich backstory and very real flaws and weaknesses. Their development is both gradual and continuous, lending to it's believability. And while the chracter roles may be somewhat sterotypical they still manage to feel unique.

It should be said that when I said gradual, I mean extremely so, much like it would be for someone in real life. I find the pace in this area adds to the story but if you prefer something with more obvious changes in the characters this anime is likely not for you.

Also as in real life the way the characters interact with others depends on who it is they are talking to and this allows for a broader look at each of their individual personalities. Most of the character devlopement is actually a product of one on one interaction between two characters, outside of the actual plot.

The motivations of all the characters are well explained, though they often times are difficult to fully understand without a well formed knowledge of Japanese culture.

I would say the most negative aspect of the characters in the story is the typical cliched main villian. Often predictable with no character growth and weak motivations make this a weak spot in an otherwise strong area of the story.

Overall:7.5

Overall I found InuYasha to be highly enjoyable. Endearing characters, coupled with a detailed story and elements of romance, tragedy, comedy and action make for a varied watching experience. There is depth here but it is more emotional than intellectual. Keep that in mind if you decide to give it a chance.

I never really saw the complete anime but I liked most of it (from what I saw).

I agree, I thought the characters were well developed and that the plot was amazing. I wished that the romantic tension between Kagome and InuYasha did not go on for as long as it did but I guess for how it went it could not turn out any other way.

inuyasha is one of those filler anime i can't stand,though it's however better than stuff like dragonball/naruto,imo.

Can you even call that an ending? It was more like "We didn't feel like animating this story any more, so we're done."
One of my biggest gripes about the whole show... gave us 50% filler through the whole show then at the end it was like how you said... we don't feel like doing this anymore so see ya and thanks for watching this far... :| wtf?

Miroku's powers were priestly, and a hereditary curse, which I thought was explained in detail a few times... and why Miroku was even with the gang as killing Naraku would have released him from that curse.

What was great about the show was it's original music which was a cross between a symphony with some japanese instruments thrown in to make it sound more "authentic" I suppose. Still they set the mood quite well with them, reguardless of how repeditive it was... at least you knew it was Naraku or one of his henchmen with that same sound bite lol :)

The artwork was, of course, about the same as could find from any other anime from the same time so nothing special but certainly could have been much worse.

This used to be my all time favorite anime but as the OP said, this anime looses something due to how it ended. Or the lack of ending that it had I should say.

the question i have is how old is inuyasha i know he was sealed to the tree for 50 years but how old is he?
i sort of consider and viewed inuyasha as a slice of like sort of thing watched it like lucky star and ichigo mashimaro.

I love Inuyasha, It is definitely great. It has tons of great characters, all of the movies are good and the story mainly focuses on one thing, but there is so much going on in between getting the shards. Its great.

Great anime. Nice animation, story, characters, sound track. The ending blowz.

how old is inuyasha?

i don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but if he was sealed to the tree for 50 years and was alive for who knows how long before that ....just how old is he?
on a side note if he's at least 50+ then that gives hope for all us old guys as he is obviously " friendly" with kagome or is he just a pedo?

Re: how old is inuyasha?

I don't know if they ever say how old he is, but I wouldn't consider him a pedophile. Demons live so long that in "demon years" he's about the same age as Kagome.

Inuyasha is 150 technically, 200 if you count the 50 years he was stuck to that damn tree. Human years he's like 17 or 18 I think. But thats going by the 3rd movie which is kind of wonky time wise.

okay thanks i can still hold hope if i become a demon i can still have a that would get arrested otherwise, no officer everything is just fine yes she's 16 but it's okay i'm a demon.

Last edited:

okay thanks i can still hold hope if i become a demon i can still have a that would get arrested otherwise, no officer everything is just fine yes she's 16 but it's okay i'm a demon.

If you were in Japan I'd think you would be ok.

Back