Shugo Chara!! Doki

KiraRin

Shugo Chara!! Doki

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I thought I'd get in first and make a Doki thread for the three people watching this as part of FYAB (therik, marmar and myself).

Episodes 1 + 2

I am so glad the first eps were a recap. I seem to have forgotten a lot of what happened in the first series. Cool and spicy Amu was as awesome as ever, and I really hope Fujisaki comes back. He/she was purty :p

Also looking forward to a lot more catboy bishounen goodness. I hope he gets it together with Amu, but I get the feeling that kind of action would only appear in a doujinshi....

From the opening credits, it seems like there will be a lot more new characters (and charas), so probably more romance on the books and more bizarre chara transformations :p

Also, which of the boys will get to put their "Humpty Key" in Amu's "Dumpty Lock". Sexual innuendo ahoy!

H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, which of the boys will get to put their "Humpty Key" in Amu's "Dumpty Lock". Sexual innuendo ahoy!

Hehehe. That always struck me as a little... incongruous? Although it does fit Ikuto's character given how he oozes sexuality from every pore. I love it how even Amu can't keep her composure around him. Others stand even less of a chance.

I was a little surprised to see two episodes dealing with the recap side of things, but I'm glad that the story is seemingly going to take off soon. Too many fillers toward the end of last season, unfortunately.

Also, not so keen on the OP. I'm unashamedly devoted to Buono! since they did all 6 OP/EDs for the first series, but I'm not all that keen on this new tune. The ED's pretty decent though, and Suu cleaning the desk with that tiny vacuum is really cute. Even though I don't like Suu =/

Hehehe. That always struck me as a little... incongruous? Although it does fit Ikuto's character given how he oozes sexuality from every pore. I love it how even Amu can't keep her composure around him. Others stand even less of a chance.

I was a little surprised to see two episodes dealing with the recap side of things, but I'm glad that the story is seemingly going to take off soon. Too many fillers toward the end of last season, unfortunately.

Also, not so keen on the OP. I'm unashamedly devoted to Buono! since they did all 6 OP/EDs for the first series, but I'm not all that keen on this new tune. The ED's pretty decent though, and Suu cleaning the desk with that tiny vacuum is really cute. Even though I don't like Suu =/

No need to read the spoiler, therik is all about amu's panties :D

H.

Episode 3 + 4

Ohh, I think I'm gonna like Lulu, she's a complete bitch! I was a little worried after Utau seemed to join the good guys that it would be lacking a goood bad guy, but the new blonde seems to fit the bill quite well :)

And more Ikuto goodness! The boy just exudes sex from all pores, especially when in catboy form. Yum ^^

Kinda wishing Amu would learn some more new moves and get some new outfits as everything seems to be a direct copy from the first season (apart from prism music). There are the new enemies (riddle eggs), so why not give the good guys some new ammunition?

H.

Eps 3 & 4

Kinda wishing Amu would learn some more new moves and get some new outfits as everything seems to be a direct copy from the first season (apart from prism music). There are the new enemies (riddle eggs), so why not give the good guys some new ammunition?

Give it time. One of the things I loved about the last series was how they kept finding ways to break the rules and introduce new stuff (such as people other than Amu doing character transformations and the like). I'm sure they'll keep that up in this series. I mean, it's been like two epsidoes and not only have her character transformations powered up, but Amu's already got a new weapon. Even if it does exactly the same thing as Colourful Canvas...

I quite like that Lulu girl's gimmick. It's a little bit Monster of the Week, admittedly, but I've always loved the costume design in Shugo Chara!, so more of that is always welcome. I also like the way it makes people go eye-glazed insane. The flower girl was particularly good for that. Also enjoyed the first scene with the mystery egg, where Amu's chara's were narrating what was going on. "It's a different kind of egg! It grew big! It ate her. :...:". Well, I cracked up =/.

New animations for character transformations - and especially the negative heart - are awesome. Gotta love saving the world in style.

Eps 5 & 6

That last episode was absolutely hilarious! Just... everything about it, even before the karate guy starts turning everything into cute, which was probably the moment that pushed it over the edge of amazing. I bet marmar enjoyed it too, although possibly for different reasons. Once again I remembered why I love this show so much. Aces.

Also enjoyed Rima's interactions with Nagehiko in the previous episode. She suddenly became a lot more interesting and amusing at the same time. I think the characters had gotten into a bit of a rut at the end of the first season, so they've done well to spice it up a bit.

Still needs a touch more Ikuto. I wonder where they're going with this violin thing as well. I'm guessing we'll get to see Ikuto working with the others for a bit before he goes back to that gorgeous lone wolf role which he does so sexily well. Gotta love that guy's sense of timing.

Eps 5 & 6

That last episode was absolutely hilarious! Just... everything about it, even before the karate guy starts turning everything into cute, which was probably the moment that pushed it over the edge of amazing. I bet marmar enjoyed it too, although possibly for different reasons. Once again I remembered why I love this show so much. Aces.

Also enjoyed Rima's interactions with Nagehiko in the previous episode. She suddenly became a lot more interesting and amusing at the same time. I think the characters had gotten into a bit of a rut at the end of the first season, so they've done well to spice it up a bit.

Still needs a touch more Ikuto. I wonder where they're going with this violin thing as well. I'm guessing we'll get to see Ikuto working with the others for a bit before he goes back to that gorgeous lone wolf role which he does so sexily well. Gotta love that guy's sense of timing.

Only watched 5 yesterday, so caught up on 6, 7 and 8 today. AND I NEED MORE GODDAMIT!

The Rima/Nadeshiko/hiko thing really tickled me. I hope they play on the rivalry a little more. Nadehiko is highly amusing though - massaging the kings feet had me giggling a lot, as did the whole crossdressing (the bunnysuit was the cutest thing EVER!).

I'm starting to feel that the show has grown up a lot, and that its not so kiddy-centric as the first season. Some of the jokes are definitely more adult, and I'm definitely loving the typical fangirl reaction of Yaya to the bishounen croassdressing :p

I'm still not a huge fan of the Shugoi Chara episodes, they just seem like some pointless filler. But I guess ep 7 wasn't too bad, especially with Eri in with the bunnies :D

I was completely taken by the Ikuto/Amu almost kiss... I was just urging her to lean forward, as I'm sure he wouldn't pull away! Dump Tadase and go for the sexy catboy goodness!!!! I hope he isn't too hurt though, I want to see him sweep Amu off her feet :love:

H.

Eps 7 & 8

I'm still not a huge fan of the Shugoi Chara episodes, they just seem like some pointless filler. But I guess ep 7 wasn't too bad, especially with Eri in with the bunnies :D

Absolutely. Eru is fantastic. Probably my second favourite Chara. I don't even know why she works as well as she does, although it's probably the =< face that does a lot of it.

I was completely taken by the Ikuto/Amu almost kiss... I was just urging her to lean forward, as I'm sure he wouldn't pull away! Dump Tadase and go for the sexy catboy goodness!!!! I hope he isn't too hurt though, I want to see him sweep Amu off her feet :love:

Ikuto blatantly would pull away. He'd wait until she's committed, then back off and laugh in that cool and sexy way of his. Still, I gotta love the way that he just leans forward, and she turns into jelly. Scary magnetism. I do like Tadase as well, but, you're right: Ikuto's unbeatable. If only there was enough of him to go around...

Oh, and I totally got goosebumps when he showed up at Utau's concert. I don't know why, given it was fairly predictable, but... yeah. Hopefully those two will perform together (again? Did they do it before? Can't remember).

Anyway, really funny pair of episodes again (loved the "Juggling... party :(" bit) and it seems like the writers are completely back on form. I was also head over heels for that Sailor Moon reference, and the enforced Amulet Angel transformation (both angel outfits are absolutely gorgeous :love:).

Ahhhh... now if only Amu could stop flashing her panties in the OP, I think I'll be fully content with the show. Not that I have anything against it at the moment :).

Ikuto blatantly would pull away. He'd wait until she's committed, then back off and laugh in that cool and sexy way of his. Still, I gotta love the way that he just leans forward, and she turns into jelly. Scary magnetism. I do like Tadase as well, but, you're right: Ikuto's unbeatable. If only there was enough of him to go around...

Oh come on, I think Ikuto is just as charmed by Amu as she is by him. He just laughs and pulls away to keep up his "bad-ass" image, but I think if she took charge of the situation and rode him like a shetland pony, he would be loving it!

Episodes 9 and 10

These two eps were really nothing special for me. I do like the new girl, but I was really disappointed that they completely ignored the last Ikuto episode where he was injured. I wanted to see Amu nurse him better :(

Maybe my expectations were too high after the last two comedy episodes, but I get the feeling we could be in for a lot of filler....

And here is a gift for my FYAB buddies :D

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/484247-post814.html

H.

Damnit, I'll have to watch these two eps later. The ones I've got are high def and my laptop can't actually do high def video. It tries, bless it's heart, but the sound ends up running away from the video unless you pause every two seconds. Yeah.

Additionally, I've decided that we'll be taking a break over the weekend for WYW, so catchup for me will be on Monday.

*goes to acquire SD torrents*

I guess I'll enjoy Amu's panties on my own then. I might even leave comments here, and make up a story so you think you're missing out on something *really* good :D

H.

Episodes 11 and 12

I was very naughty and watched these at 00:16 today. Still, strictly speaking Saturday I guess....

But things seem to be back on track! Nagehiko x Rima was so cute! I love Rima's petulence and argumentative nature, but Nagehiko is getting the familiar shine of a bishounen. The long hair, the occasional womenswear.... look out Ikuto, you might have competition!

The Christmas special episode was a little bit of a letdown, but it was nice to learn a little more about Lulu. I don't think she's going to stay bad for much longer, Amu will soon shake her out of that. Anyone else find the mother parading around in the reindeer suit a little creepy? When the door was first opened, I thought they were playing some creepy sex game >.<

Just a quick question D, will the show have finished airing by the time we get to the last few eps? I've not actually worked it out yet >.>

H.

Just a quick question D, will the show have finished airing by the time we get to the last few eps? I've not actually worked it out yet >.>

H.

Seems unlikely. The speed we're watching, we'll be caught up in just over two weeks' time. Unless it's a 39 episode series (truth be told, I have no idea how long it is), it'll still be airing when we reach the finish line.

Also, I caught a glimpse of the spoiler text when quoting you. I just saw two words: "sex game". I really hope you're making things up...

Seems unlikely. The speed we're watching, we'll be caught up in just over two weeks' time. Unless it's a 39 episode series (truth be told, I have no idea how long it is), it'll still be airing when we reach the finish line.

ANN seems to have it down as 51 episodes. We gonna slow down, or do you want to keep going hard and fast?

Also, I caught a glimpse of the spoiler text when quoting you. I just saw two words: "sex game". I really hope you're making things up...

Read it in context and its harmless. Mostly.

Not trust me D?

:D

H.

Last edited:
Episodes 13 and 14

First and foremost, have the writers been reading my mind on what was missing from the show????Amu and Ikuto in bed together??? Pure awesomeness :D

Episode 13 was kina cute, but what the hell was with Rima's hair? I was also a little confused by the comments from Ikuto's father, saying people who leave Easter will be punished.... what about Utau? I thought she was his daughter too? Or have I gotten confused (been a good few months since I watched the first series).

Episode 14 had a little more of the ongoing story, but there is still so much left unexplained! And please, don't hurt Ikuto anymore... even if Amu nursing him is sooooooo cute and adorable. There is definitely romance blossoming :love:

H.

Anybody else out there.....? :crying:

Episode 15

Ikuto! Asleep! I just want to eat him right up, he's so tasty!

But enough with the perving, Yoru playing with the ball of wool was so cute. And Choko-tan =^.^= , even Ami-chan =^.^=

I'm starting to think this show is trying to appeal to every fetish imaginable... Its really drawn me in. I join in with the "my heart... UNLOCK!" every time too..."

Episode 16

Eww, change of group... the subtitles suddenly look like they were made for people who have bad eyesight >.<

Quite a funny episode overall though. When told Charas look like aliens, I loved Su shouting "We're not greys!". Lulu is starting to grate now though - I wish Amu would hurry up and turn her to the good side to stop her bleating about her poor mother.

H.

Awww, Kira you know I'm here. Just working to catch up. I got two done now, maybe I can do another two tonight? I can!!

Eps 9-10
These two eps were really nothing special for me. I do like the new girl, but I was really disappointed that they completely ignored the last Ikuto episode where he was injured. I wanted to see Amu nurse him better :(

I agree about the whole "moar Ikuto" thing, but I enjoyed these two episodes a lot. The first one had loads of Amu's overexcited inner-self, which is always good fun. Then again, I suppose it wasn't great aside from that. Oh, except having this super-cute moment:

snapshot20090630231345.jpg

The second episode, however, was absolutely brilliant. Kiran made me smile from start to finish with her dorky little glittery face. And it's contagious too! As well as that, I loved Hinako's reason for having a Chara like Kiran and the ending was tops. I don't know how Shugo Chara keeps managing to get me, but it absolutely does - I'm not gonna lie to you, H, when Hinako helped that other girl up, this was me:
miki.png

Darn, this is making me haemorrhage man points at an alarming rate =(

====
EDIT POWER!!
====

Eps 11-12

Nagehiko is getting the familiar shine of a bishounen. The long hair, the occasional womenswear.... look out Ikuto, you might have competition!

It's like you read my mind. I don't think it's actually possible to compete with Ikuto, but there's no denying that Nagehiko has many charms ^_^

Anyone else find the mother parading around in the reindeer suit a little creepy? When the door was first opened, I thought they were playing some creepy sex game >.<

Absolutely. Especially with Lulu's reaction. Her look of terror and utter disappointment could easily be understood as "My mum's a furry?!?! Oh, God, no!!! Have mercy!"

Errr... where was I? Ah, yes. I agree that the episode with Nagehiko and Rima was brilliant. All those holes! (No, bad H! I mean "hole in the ground" kind of hole...) Seriously though, I think I laughed every single time someone fell down one of them. I reckon Amulet Heart falling down the hole, and then Suu holding out that "Great Success" sign was probably the highlight, but that didn't stop the rest being hysterical too
snapshot20090701013420.jpg

Damnit, not again!!!

Hahaha. I think pretty much everything about that episode made me laugh, to be honest. Great stuff from start to finish.

Christmas one was a little weaker, but crazy Santa was a pretty good touch. Also, Lulu learning to accept her parent's deviant ways made for a nice ending. I do have to pick this one image out, though...

snapshot20090701021627.jpg

Amu: Please, please, please tell me that's not what I think it is...
Miki: Oh, it definitely is.

Ahhhh.. I'm done captioning for now, I think. Looking forward to catching up with you and reading more of your thoughts, H! :)

Last edited:
Back