Dog Days'

Nihatclodra

[sadht=Dog Days 2]Dog Days'[/sadht][sadhl]dog-days-2[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
I'm surprised this thread wasn't made yet.

Season 2 seems just like the first. Even the same constant foreshadowing atmosphere for events that turn out to be nothing later on.

Episode 1

I liked it, I think it's just going to be as much silly fun as the first season. So if you're into this sorta thing you could definitely watch it again. Yukikaze showing up right of the bat, as her popularity poll position justifies. xD

Episode 1

I really enjoyed it, and how
Shinku's rival is the hero for the other country.
Also was touched by Millhi and Shinku's reunion. That made me remember their separation in the first season. And I wonder how their relationship will develop from here on since in the finale,
they had proclaimed their love to one another. I hope it doesn't ignore this/romance completely.

Last edited:
OMFG I never expected to see something like that in this cute and innocent show. That transformation sequence was basically tentacle r***! I thought I was gonna get eye cancer by watching it. I hope this transformation sequence isn't shown again...

At least they balanced it by showing us the cutest thing in the history of dog days:
Cute little Eclair:love:

^Wait, when did they show that?

also: am I seriously the only one who's "dark twist incoming" alarm won't stop beeping at this show pointlessly since the 3-4th episode of the first season? Why must they add so much misleading foreshadowing into this show, WHY!? It ruins the experience for me...

I seriously the only one who's "dark twist incoming" alarm won't stop beeping at this show pointlessly since the 3-4th episode of the first season?
Ignore it, this is a no-brainer show. Even if they make it serious later on, it will amount to nothing at this point.

Episode 4:

Adding NOIR to my loved characters list, because she's awesome with that sleepy voice... and because she's voiced by Kana HANAZAWA. As predicted Yukikaze's popularity in Japan is being exploited by giving her quite a bit of screentime. Overall this series has been more ecchi than the first and continues to use the comedy it did before.

also; IN B4 love confession to/from the childhood friend. ( she's just that damn similar to the princess )

Episode 6

I wish it wasn't as ecchi as the first season, this episode was almost all ecchi. I loved the first season because of it's fighting along with the comedy and cute but this seasons taken out all the action. It's just an ecchi comedy with a likable MC. I like the 2 new characters but I dislike the fact that they were added, it just seems like they're gonna be there for more comedy ecchi moments like the ones this episode, oh well. I hate the fact that each Ruler is acting like a complete pet towards the Hero and the Hero's just treat them that way.

So far I'm still finding the anime enjoyable but it has yet to get even close to as good as the first season for me.

^ It's a sequel. They always head for that. Especially in ecchi shows.

:pokerface:

Yeah, this is so common.
Wait... No.

If anything it's an exception when most anime take this route. Dog Days' has no continuing story from the first season and therefore had to start anew, however it's demographic was determined to be as such that they would be appreciative toward more fan-pandering scenes. ( Yukikaze was the second most popular character in the series, surprisingly, hence she got so much screentime already. )

Ecchi series indeed do take this route more, but most of them don't actually increase the ecchi by such an extravagant amount as dog days' did. Whose first season was quite a bit tamer than this one.

plot? there is plot here? :pokerface:
I like the show but its just random stuff with fan service like alot of anime these days :(

^ People expected more plot from the second season in the sites I am in. Not more fan service.
:pokerface:
Ecchi series indeed do take this route more, but most of them don't actually increase the ecchi by such an extravagant amount as dog days' did. Whose first season was quite a bit tamer than this one.

I said that it did increase the ecchi more and didn't create much a story, I reacted to your statement that many series did this, which simply isn't true.

Preplanned continuations; Sequels.
No.

I'm not your servant, I won't go through such efforts to appease your selfishness. If you wish to overview the material each ecchi series than fine, go do that. However I am not planning to do it for you. Most ecchi series don't get sequels and ALL sequels are preplanned to some extent.

If you didn't notice, you isolated a sample to your own benefit, I talked about all ecchi series sequels, not ones that had to be put out because the series did better than expected. Most ecchi are based on manga and therefore have a planned continuation. Dog days' is an exception, not the rule. It holds true that most of these kind of shows that end up doing remarkably above expectation end up receiving a fan-service upgrade but that is not what I was talking about that's what you tried to make it about. If you wanted it to be about that you had to be more concise with your earlier post, but you failed to do so painfully hard.

This discussion has ended.

ps; Sequel = Preplanned continuation.

Last edited:
Episode 6

I really loved the firts season, eventhought can't really deny it's flaws, especially the weak plot.

I really hope the show will evolve to something a bit more plot driven, if it happens it will no doubt evolve around those monsters (mamono). After ep 5 & 6 I'm really getting my hopes up, I mean these new character must have a point of somekind (right?). I guess I was a bit of dissapointed how fast Devil king was demoted to punch line, must be somekind of record. But it works in it's own way, well see I there is any point to him. The hero chick way of speaking is really annoying thought.

Ep 5 had me to worry that the show would become a monster of the week kind of plot, but I doubt it will happen.

Also I was too really suprised about amount fanservice on second season, this has already raised to the ecchi levels of manga version. Which btw should get a proper serialization even just for fanservice values.

And my opinion on Nanami and Becky...Well I had the privilage to listen a Drama Cd which featured them, so I grow to like them before the second season started. There was also some character development for them too, but none of it has been brought up in the show yet for some reason.
Who cares about character development when we can use that time for fanservice, right?
That said I can't say I'm happy that with these two around the original cast has much less screentime. No Eclair in two episodes? This is madness!

All in all I have really enjoyed the show up to this point, but last two episodes have dragged a bit. But maybe they are necessary for plot, if one actually exists.

Back