Arata the Legend

Deathly

[sadht]Arata Kangatari[/sadht][sadhl]arata-kangatari[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
PV2 (Vimeo)
Debut: 2013/04/09 02:05 JST

Episode 1
I just watched the first episode out of curiosity.
Well, it's okay I guess. But I don't really like the art though.

Last edited:
Re: Arata Kangatari

^ From what I read on the net, the mangaka is well-known for its shouju drawning style.
However, this story is apparently shounen. It was published in Weekly Shonen Sunday.

Well, that's also the reason why I don't really like the character designs...
But the story seems somewhat interesting enough.

Hm. Never seen the manga, but I thought this was pretty good. Dunno the reason for the low rating though. And the fact that this aired 6 days ago... and there's only been 3 reps here xD

The premise is kinda interesting, but there are many cliche moments towards the end of episode 1. I hope it doesnt turn into a 1-dimensional story.

Art seems fine to me. So far am not a big fan of the MC though
Especially the human world MC

It has a fairly interesting premise ( in both worlds ) so I'll keep watching this too.

Characterization wise it's a bit ''meh'' though unless they wanted one of the mains to be dis-likable.

Episode 2.
Brilliant move there, Captain Clueless. The one guy who can prove you killed the Princess, and you decide to exile him instead of killing him. Yeah, no way that's gonna come back to bite you...

^ Well, that was indeed kinda cliché...

Episode 2
Well, I can summarize all my thoughts in one word: Meh.
Also, was it just me or were some moments weakly drawn?

Anyway, I've decided to keep following Crime Edge instead of this one.
I'll watch it later; maybe...

02: Just halfway through it, but damn, is this bitch getting annoying with her cluelessness and patronizing.

And anyway:

How the fuck can they not tell the two apart? You're telling me that for some weird reason they're seeing the present Japan Arata with the looks of the other (and likewise), or is this just some major bullshit? Because, you know, your child doesn't grow a dark blue long hairdo in half a day, nor does the other get a sudden haircut and orange dye while fleeing.

Not to mention THE CLOTHES. How the hell do these fantasy world people see clothes like those and not even lift an eyebrow? Even in the most terrible person-in-strange-world stories you can find that obvious reaction.

Honestly, this sounded like an interesting thing to follow if you only read the synopsis, but it's already proving a chore for me to watch after seeing what it's really like...

Episode 3.
Why aren't Kotoha and Spear Guy the main characters of this show? They're both more entertaining than Crybaby Arata by a longshot. Also, when are we gonna see Interesting Arata again? Give us some focus on him for an episode or two...

I'm kinda confused with his whole still removing/putting back on his school clothes when I assumed he just mind switched with the other Arata since everyone was acting like they only saw the original arata, another thing that confused me was when he was trying to give that bag to that lady in payment.

Anyone familiar with the original source able to tell me whats happening here?

Episode 4
Way to go dumbass white hair guy, you made him even more powerful now that he has 2 power swords. What a waste of time just to include two more lame ass characters into the mix.
:flip:

Back