Saint Seiya Omega

apoc9

[sadht]Saint Seiya Omega[/sadht][sadhl]saint-seiya-omega[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Saint Seiya Omega - first impression

After I saw the first episode, my first impression is the worst Saint Seiya anime. I've considered The Lost Canvas (prequel) as step down in comparison to the '80s original series. This is not another step down, it's fall all the way to the ground on the face. Is it just my imagination or the art is getting worse with each Saint Seiya franchise release?

Re: Saint Seiya Omega - first impression

After I saw the first episode, my first impression is the worst Saint Seiya anime. I've considered The Lost Canvas (prequel) as step down in comparison to the '80s original series. This is not another step down, it's fall all the way to the ground on the face. Is it just my imagination or the art is getting worse with each Saint Seiya franchise release?

Haven't watched Omega, but I honestly can say that Lost Canvas is WAY better than the original. It is much more war-like, and much more crazy as well.

The only thing I find the original has better than LC is Pandora. The original one was WAY better than this one that can look like an old woman sometimes.

I just watched the first episode and I think this show is to Saint Seiya as Gundam AGE is to Gundam Wing.
Don't get me wrong, I like the new style, its' refreshing but I'm sure most people will feel betrayed because this one looks too simple and childish. It probably won't surprise anybody that the author of the original Saint Seiya is not involved in this project.
Also, it may be just me but Koga reminds me of Takuto from Star Driver :P

Is it only the art style that makes you think it's more childish, or the story/characters as well? (I've never seen anything else from this franchise)

Re: Saint Seiya Omega - first impression

Haven't watched Omega, but I honestly can say that Lost Canvas is WAY better than the original. It is much more war-like, and much more crazy as well.

The only thing I find the original has better than LC is Pandora. The original one was WAY better than this one that can look like an old woman sometimes.
I know It sound like recollection of good ol' times, when everything was great. Also I know that many Saint Seiya fans like The Lost Canvas. However for me The Lost Canvas pushed too hard on "epicness" to the point where it felt cheesy.

Is it only the art style that makes you think it's more childish, or the story/characters as well? (I've never seen anything else from this franchise)

I was talking about the art style. It's too soon to talk about the story or the characters.

Don't know what the think of this after one episode, it doesn't seem too terrible so I guess I can manage to watch it's whole run if it keeps it with this somewhat average ordeal.

I just watched the first episode and I think this show is to Saint Seiya as Gundam AGE is to Gundam Wing.
Don't get me wrong, I like the new style, its' refreshing but I'm sure most people will feel betrayed because this one looks too simple and childish. It probably won't surprise anybody that the author of the original Saint Seiya is not involved in this project.
Also, it may be just me but Koga reminds me of Takuto from Star Driver :P

You can't really judge a show by the animation. I'm watching both Gundam Seed and Age right now. I'm annoyed by how similar they are.

This show is so bad, it deserves its own abridged version. Here are the parodies I have made so far.

Episode 12
Evil Goldy: Shall I chase after the heroes?
Mars: No, your power is needed to protect the sanctuary.
Evil Goldy: I can run with the speed of light, it won’t take more than a few seconds. If anyone attacks in the meantime, you are here to protect the place sir.
Evil Mars: I said no! You won’t go!
Goldy: Ok, then sir, how about you go get them with your powers that are a million times bigger than mine.
Evil Mars: Why would I bother doing that? It’s not like my master plan being stomped by them stealing the girl I need is important. So just go tell my little girl to chase after them.
Evil Goldy: Won’t that take several hours? And sending silvers instead of golds for such an important mission?
Mars: Just do it, ok? Oh, and make sure for the messenger to tell her to come back when she is about to kill them and take the girl back.
Evil Goldy: Um... how about coming back after doing all that?
Mars: Will you stop opposing me?!
Girly: So dad, what was so important that you wanted me to come back the moment I was about to kill the traitors and bring back Athena?
Mars: I wanted to tell you to kill the traitors and bring back Athena.
Girly: ... I was doing that right at that moment ...
Mars: What?! You failed me!
Girl: But …
Mars: Quiet! I will just tell a bunch on normal weak people to do what you couldn’t.
Evil Goldy: (facepalm)
Girl: Oh well, at least I was smart enough to leave behind two of my minions. They will take care of the whole problem.

Minion 1: You are traitors! You don’t want to surrender our world to a different god and go against anything we believed all our lives!
Yuna: Did anyone noticed how I am a bronze and defeated a silver with one hit, even though I am far weaker and critically injured?
Kouga: No, I was too buzy looking at your tutu.
Minion 2: Don’t mind me; I will just do nothing while you are ganging up and trashing my partner.

Episode 13
They go to this air temple where a silver saint immobilizes them with poison. Yet they can move just fine a few seconds later...

He says that not even a gold saint could stop the cyclone, yet the villains had the girl all this time which could have stopped it. Yet all they do is placing a goon to guard it...

And once again Kouga defeats someone far more powerful than him with one hit, despite being poisoned and damaged badly...

And the secret of the temple is a power up...

BUUUULL SHIIIIT

Episode 14
Mars` girly: We need to get Athena back and I am too bored to do it myself. It`s not like it took me a few hours the first time and I was a few seconds away from winning before I was called back FOR NO REASON!
Mars: Do you need to keep mentioning this tiny blooper I made?
Mars` girly: No, let`s pretend it never happened. So, which one of my minions would like to go?
Minion: Well, seeing how they are strong enough to defeat two of us, how about sending four or more?
Mars` girly: Stop saying nonsense and give me a single volunteer.

Peacock: I am here to defeat you Yuna.
Otaku audience: Cat fight, cat fight!
Yuna: What, I am the center character of this episode again? Why do I get the feeling I am getting more screen time than Kouga who is supposed to be the protagonist?
Otaku audience: Shut up and do your cute transformation!
Peacock: Don`t worry Yuna, in reality I am here to help you.
Yuna: Thank goodness you said that after we both exhausted out powers and almost died for absolutely no reason at all.
Minions: Well, thank goodness we followed you all this time Peacock. Too bad we never tried to help you in your fight.
Peacock: There see? I didn’t tell you immediately because I knew they were following me. Now run away as I sacrifice myself to hold them back.
Yuna: If you hadn`t fought me earlier, we would both be strong enough to team up and beat them you know.
Peacock: Shut up and run away. And here, let me show you how faithful I am to Athena by breaking her taboos and taking off my mask as you did.
Yuna: I totally see you are a genuine believer now.
Minions: We three muscular and fully charged men were just defeated by a weak injured girl. I totally see how that is possible.

Kouga: Hey Yuna, how was that very dangerous trip you took without any of us giving a damn to come along for aid?
Yuna: It was fun, my mentor and best friend just died for no reason. Here, let me smile a bit to show my grief.

Episode 15
An interesting revelation. This series takes place in the same world as One Piece. That is why every area they go to has its own weird climate. Or how else did they go from a desert, to a frozen mountain, and then to a jungle, just by walking for a few episodes?

Oh those pesky taverns, having so small rations! Now they ruined the heroes’ reunion! … Or they could pay extra for more food? Wait, where do they get the money to pay for their food? And if there is food shortage, WHY ARE THERE EVEN TAVERNS SELLING FOOD?

Yeah you guys, you can totally take that little kid with you in the dangerous jungle. It’s not like it was working in that shop nor has parents who are going to worry or something. What is that you said? An experienced adult jungle guide? Never heard of that.

Remember that other minion in the desert temple who could paralyze his victims? Well it was such fun they just rehash it in the jungle temple as well. It has the same effect as well too. Absolutely none; they can still move like normal.

Hey, hold on, how the devil does someone get poisoned by having his armor scratched? I mean if it was on his skin I understand but on an armor that can protect its owner by small nuclear explosions? Nope.

How nice of those golems to be doing absolutely nothing for 15 minutes while the Mohawk dude is telling us the story of his life. And it would be somewhat excused if he was the one controlling them but he wasn’t. There is this other guy creating them and ordering them to fight and all of a sudden he feels like letting the guy finish before he tell them to kill them. After all, we clearly see all that in the way he spoke.
“I find no greater joy than seeing my golems fight.”
“I have no use for that hydra guy.”
Yup, totally understood why he would do that.

Ah, I see the Naruto-rip off had a plan after all. He sensed it was all a trap and that is why he left the team. Instead of telling his friends that they are heading for a trap that is.

Woah, what an amazing guardian this Michelangelo is. A Bronze with 10% his strength destroys one of his golems and he retreats saying he only cares to create golems. I thought he loved seeing them fight! Silly me, and here I though he was placed there specifically to guard the next power up from being taken by the heroes! Mars will be so proud for choosing the right man for this job.

Back