Excel Saga

lagore

[sadht=Heppoko Jikken Animation Excel Saga]Excel Saga[/sadht][sadhl=75]excel-saga[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Very funny. Probably one of my top... five comedies. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice but can be exhausting to watch, my ears where bleeding by the last episode.

Pretty funny. Although, the over the top spazziness can get a little tiresome.

Best viewed in short bursts to give yourself a breather between episodes, in my opinion.

Oddly enough, it didn't seem like much of anything at first, but by the end of the series, the saga of Pedro became one of my favorite segments.

However, episode 26 was.... something else... I'll probably never watch that part again... :@_@:

I loved all the parodies. Every single episode made fun of a type of movie, which was awesome!

I loved the animal movie parody, the war movie parody, and especially the American animation vs. anime parody.

So good :love:

Yeah admittedly this show's not for everyone ^^ Might not be good to watch this as your very first anime, like I did, it could've gone horribly wrong and I might've never watched a single anime ever again.. But no, I liked it to the very end, I guess it tells something about my sense of humor :D

I thought it was completely boring up until the last episode, they saved the only good stuff until the last minute. Puni Puni Poemy was better than this and the girls in it were just as annoying. Yes, I watched Puni Puni Poemy, got some great laughs out of it, especially the "Fish Wand" transfomation sequence.

Episode 1:

Uhh... no denying that Excel Saga is very, very weird, fast paced, and pretty much leaden with meta-humour. But aside from an ending song which has to be seen to be believed, the jury is out as to whether this medley will amuse me. Stay tuned... or not.

Episode 1:

Indeed, weird, explosive, and hit-and-miss (e.g. the macrocosm was funny the first time... then not). What bewilders me the most, though, is how they dragged this kind of high-octane comedy across 26 episodes. How much energy do these Japanese animators have?

i had to have subtitles on even though it was dubbed i could not keep up with or understand at least 1/2 the dialog....they say that the voice actress had to be replaced 1/2 way through the production because her voice gave out....

They also say at times she was too fast to keep up with the lip-synch lol
Anyway, it's a great show, one of my favorite comedies.

Episode 10:
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

The show's had some funny bits and some weird bits and even some funny weird bits; but it's also had stretches where I'm just watching it. Excel Saga is neither as bad as I had feared or as good as I had hoped, if that statement makes any kind of sense at all.

Highlights would include the virtual novel episode
'put it in' being an option for almost every conversation was hilarious, and if there's one thing that'll never get old mocking, it's VN
and that war film episode
the 'stock footage' tank doodles, Leiji Matsumoto tragic death woman what... the justifications for naming Menchi Micky requiring a deceased pre-op comrade...
, but just as often I can sort of shrug for most of the half-hour
I missed the memo to give a damn about that little girl
or the dog episode
But then I didn't really like Wolf's Rain either. Wait is this a spoiler? Wait IS THIS EVEN RELEVANT?

But I'll see how it goes.

I tried. I really tried. I'm sorry. But the protag is annoying as hell and I was hoping to laugh more. I'm going to have to watch this at a much, much slower. An episode a day max. How are you finding it?

It's alright, if frankly a bit much at times. But I really don't think I'll have it finished by the deadline. Some of the routines are growing on me - Pedro started out as sort of annoying, but at this point I like his little skits.

In retrospect should have gone for something possibly addictive like Hikaru no Go, but live and learn.

That's a good point. After all, this is like the top-recced show for FLCL.

And I bloody love FLCL.

But I'd rather be watching FLCL again, honestly.

I'll make sure next WYW is gonna have 'addiction' as a theme. Just to cure me of Excel Saga. Best find was Kuuchu Buranko.

Back