One Piece

Re: One Piece (manga)

Fun chapter! I got a good laugh out of Parrot Hair's noble deed. Things are heating up too.

But news!
Supposedly Oda participated in the Japanese version of the Make-A-Wish foundation and helped make a dream come true. He revealed the end of One piece to a child dying of lung cancer! Obviously it's very secret, but the child told the media, "One Piece is beautiful."

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/33654/20140818/one-piece-ending-spoilers.htm

I've been skimming through the most recent chapters, but I'm only spoiling it for myself before I even get the books to properly read...

Somebody just let me know when Capone finally returns. XD

Holy shit , Ussop was so amazing in this chapter
11/10 for this chap

It's actually chapter 758.

I'm glad this arc is coming to a head now. I've loved this arc for being the most complex OP arc yet, but it's about time to wrap things up and have the final confrontations as things were starting to drag on a bit with all the chapter of them just climbing their way up to the castle.

Also, I kind of wish this was the way Usopp took out Sugar the first time because this was a much cooler moment for him while still being perfectly in character. It's a moment like this that shows how Usopp has developed as a character.

BB has mentioned it before but Doffy is a bit silly for hinging his entire rule on Sugar never being knocked unconscious. You'd think someone as clever as Doffy be some other kind of safety measure in place.

It's actually chapter 758.

I'm glad this arc is coming to a head now. I've loved this arc for being the most complex OP arc yet, but it's about time to wrap things up and have the final confrontations as things were starting to drag on a bit with all the chapter of them just climbing their way up to the castle.

Also, I kind of wish this was the way Usopp took out Sugar the first time because this was a much cooler moment for him while still being perfectly in character. It's a moment like this that shows how Usopp has developed as a character.

BB has mentioned it before but Doffy is a bit silly for hinging his entire rule on Sugar never being knocked unconscious. You'd think someone as clever as Doffy be some other kind of safety measure in place.

Yeah it is silly, but it is not as if devil fruit powers can be chosen. Sometimes you just have to work with what you got. His plan is like the Death Star.

759:

I feel kinda bad that I laughed when Luffy accidentally kicked Bellamy in the face. Although that awesome Red Hawk definitely made the whole chapter. Daaamn, that was a cool way to combine Luffy and Trafalgar's powers.

I feel bad for Bellamy. He is like that one popular cool kid in school who later in life you feel bad for cause he is not that bad a guy, he just had bad parenting or something.

As far as that punch goes :love:
That is the first time Doflamingo has been hit in One Piece. The combo was super cool. As for the haters who are saying Doflamingo would not have been hit by basic combination of their powers, my defense is: (let me know if I have anything wrong)
Luffy uses gear third and looks like he is going to just wreck the whole roof. But in reality this was used to 1: stretch his arm further back for moar power 2: made Doflamingo prepare for a totally different attack.
He would dodge/block gear third way different than a regular punch.

Eh, the way I see it,
Doffy thinks Luffy is an idiot so it's pretty plausible for him to get caught out what the fucking when it looks like Luffy is attacking Law. It's not even like Law knew exactly what was going on. He just thought quick on his feet, understood Luffy's intention and used Room. If you look at the last page Law tells Luffy he's the worst, which is why I think Law wasn't expecting what Luffy did either.

It all comes out to the villain underestimating Luffy which Doffy has done most of the way. He thought he could goad Luffy into a stupid attack and got his ass knocked off for it.

Recent chapter stuff:

These last few flashback chapters have been great. I am surprised that Corizon became endearing so quickly. There's so much going on in the flashbacks but his desperation to save Law is always clear. Plus he's a fun character that balances the serious and the silly. He's the complete opposite of his brother and even has decided to nark on his brother's activities to the navy. He knows how dangerous Doffy is because he understands the full extent of Doffy's ambition.

For Corizon it shows how little exposition is needed. He's mostly a silent character but his actions and the way he moves speaks volumes about him. It's why these chapters are so effective. We're being shown his personality rather than told.

It's also pretty intense has betrayed his brother to try and get the Ope Ope Fruit for Law. We know this isn't going to end well for Corizon and that Law is going to end up back under Doffy's thumb, but I still want to see how all that unfolds.

Recent chapter stuff:

These last few flashback chapters have been great. I am surprised that Corizon became endearing so quickly. There's so much going on in the flashbacks but his desperation to save Law is always clear. Plus he's a fun character that balances the serious and the silly. He's the complete opposite of his brother and even has decided to nark on his brother's activities to the navy. He knows how dangerous Doffy is because he understands the full extent of Doffy's ambition.

For Corizon it shows how little exposition is needed. He's mostly a silent character but his actions and the way he moves speaks volumes about him. It's why these chapters are so effective. We're being shown his personality rather than told.

It's also pretty intense has betrayed his brother to try and get the Ope Ope Fruit for Law. We know this isn't going to end well for Corizon and that Law is going to end up back under Doffy's thumb, but I still want to see how all that unfolds.

Yeah the recent stuff has been great.
I also read on reddit that Corizon is a mime. It is really obvious when you think about it. And his brother is a puppeteer.
Little stuff like this makes One Piece so great.

New character poll out.
Dayumn, Bartolomeo is among the top 10 most popular characters, and Trafalgar law is more popular than Zoro right now.(#2)
This was also the first popularity poll conducted after the introduction of Hancock, and she's ranked #10.
I can only imagine she would have ranked even higher a year or two ago.

I really hope Bartolomeo sticks around for some time.
The full color picture Oda then included of all the top 10 characters is pretty damn sweet too!

Seriously, Capone still didn't get voted onto the popularity poll!? He hasn't done much, but I would've thought he'd be at least somewhere in there... Every other supernova is...

I don't know why I read these. I never like the results...

Chapter 778:

Holy fuckin' shit Zoro, that was fucking awesome. Shitty pacing of the anime aside I want to see this bit animated. Here's to hoping they don't drag it out or otherwise bork it when the time comes.

All in all this arc is climaxing rather nicely. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

Which one do you prefer this stuff happen next:
Law & Luffy V.s Doffi & Trebol?
Sabo & Luffy V.s Doffi & Trebol?

Last edited:

Well I just read chapter 780 and
while Law probably isn't dead, I don't think he'll be doing much fighting in the climax.

In fact I'm not so sure we'll get the big climactic final fight here as this arc is the most story driven so far and while Luffy is certainly ready to kick some ass at the moment, I think Oda will take this in a bit of a different direction. We've already had a ton of cool fights already in this arc. Now we've got Doffy with all this history behind him and I think it would be more right if he's dragged down by his dastardly past. There are still a few more revelations to come so I'd like to see how all that shakes out.

I could be wrong and even if I am Oda will still make it awesome, but it might also be neat to see the end of this arc go a bit differently.

But to answer you question I think both scenarios would have been pretty damn cool. The small bit of Luffy and Law working together to fight Doffy was really cool.

I like what is happening in One Piece currently. I like how much work Oda has put in to making such a despicable villain like Dofla.

chap 781
this chap was full of surprise! Oda sensei never fail made me mesmerized.
I read again, and again, and again, and again... still, awesome!!
What an epic comb between Luffy & Law. Luffy look more badass than zorro here. I like how Luffy kick Trebol when he tried to help doffi, and then when Luffy stop mingo's counter-attacking Law.

well I'm glad Trebol has been finally dealt a blow. Law still in action despite being out of action was surprising yet a little predictable. Still hoping Sabo will show up. :)

Back