Gift a friend a badge for their birthday!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Do you love your friends? How about Anime-Planet.com? Want to show your support to both on your friends' birthdays? We have a gift for you - gift badges!

By making a donation on Anime-Planet you can gift one of a number of new badges to either a friend, or yourself. As always, donations directly benefit the site, helping to pay for the server costs (our two servers cost $405 a month alone), and keep new features and upgrades in development.

Unlike the limited sets of badges such as the Holiday or Valentine's Day collections, birthday badges can be gifted year-round, and we'll continue to add new options over time.

We've also made a change from the Holiday set, the maximum badge level is now $25. Want to donate more than that? You can gift a few badges at once. ^_^

How it works:

1. Choose a badge
Select from one of the specified donation levels below - this is the donation amount for which the gift badge is awarded.

2. Choose a recipient & message
Choose a username on Anime-Planet.com, or you can also gift the badge to yourself! You can also write an optional message.

You must include this information, the name of the badge, and your own username, in the 'special instructions' field on the donation page:

badgeinfo.jpg

3. Make the donation
Click here to make the donation! (there is also a donation button on the Users homepage

------------------------------------------

Donation Levels

$25 Level

birthday-badges-25-level.png

--------------

$10 Level

birthday-badges-10-level.png

--------------

$5 Level

birthday-badges-5-level.png

--------------

Now that you've chosen a badge, click here to make the donation!

Include the recipient username (or say it's for yourself), the name of the badge, an optional message, and your own username, in the 'special instructions' field on the donation page:

badgeinfo.jpg

Gift badges are added manually and will be posted to the recipient's account within a day or two. Thank you for your patience! :love:

----------------

Frequently-asked questions:

Will you post more options for these badges?
We plan on releasing new sets of birthday badges as time goes on.

Do I still get the other donation badges when I donate?
Yes! You will still receive the monthly (ie, November 2011 Supporter) badge, and your donation amount will add to the cumulative Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum badges.

Can I combine multiple badges into one donation?
Yes - but you are responsible for doing the math, and you must include all of the information we need for each badge, in the 'Special Instructions' field. For future sets, there will be an easy button click to donate an exact amount per-badge.

Will my gift badge show up immediately?
No - badges are entered manually and make take up to a day or two to be added. We will update this thread with pending and already-awarded gift badges, so you can see the status.

I don't have any friends, but I want the badge ;_; (or, I do have friends, but I want the badge!)
Have no fear, you can donate to the site and gift yourself the badge!

Can I gift a badge to you (sothis) or other site staff?
Of course! Have a favorite character moderator, reviewer, or overlord? Want to donate but don't have someone in mind? Feel free to gift badges to anyone on the site, including staff ^_^

Are badges from staff still donations?
Yes! Gift badges are only awarded with a donation, even for staff (including sothis). For a badge to be gifted, the person had to have made a donation to the site.

Thanks for finally making these! I just bought one, and I'll be buying another as soon as I find out what someone's favorite color is. : )

unfortunately thats the only way at the moment - but using paypal is easy, takes credit cards, works for all countries, etc :)

I understand paypal is used alot on the internet, but it's not popular around here along with credit cards (for obvious safety reasons). Anyway how about good old bank transfer or I could send you cash... Well let me know if that's possible. I use animeplanet so much, I really would have loved to donate some.

I don't seem to be able to donate : <

I get "Sorry, the action you were trying to do was not completed, please try again later"

Have tried for a few days now... I want badges : 3

Back