Bakemonogatari

I hardly expected it to, with it being so wordy and all.... dialogue-y. So much text. The only thing that I've watched as of late that came close to this is Trapeze, both are stuff that I shouldn't enjoy as much as I do.
Damn this for making me think of other stuff to compare it to. Brilliant, and gotta get to 3/4 sometime today.

And instead of crunching down, it gnaws on you. Gnaw gnaw gnash grind, without applying the pressure for a crunch.

the next 3 eps (arc) is where this series is made or broken for most people. if you're going to love this series the next arc will be a good one. if you're going to have issues with the series you'll likely have issues with this arc.

ep 3

did i mention how much i love senjougahara?
9 straight minutes of her tormenting and teasing him at the start of this episode just flew right by like nothing. no matter how many times i see it, it cracks me up.

9:00
we get our first real interaction with our MC, as him, himself, and his life. as he relates the fight with his sisters to hitagi... it's rather funny how that conversation plays out, because we see Araragi is mostly unwilling to go home to apologize to a 4y younger sister who he knows was right. He's being petty and small, and he knows it. what's unique is he admits it to senjougahara, and she, rather then encourage him and try to make him feel better simply tells him straight up "yes you are petty, and i can't help you with it." then she promptly uses it as an opportunity to lance into him again. I just love the dialogue in this ep.

I love his idiot hair... it pretty much could have an anime by itself.

and we get the first bit of something genuinely nice hitagi has to say to him, calling him noble and unselfish.

Child abuse! roflol ~ i love how Araragi just casually smacks the little girl in the back of the head to get her attention.

Hachikuji - Anyway stop talking to me, i hate you
Araragi - Why? I won't harm you. There isn't a more harmless person then me in this town. (roflol, wait, you're saying this after smacking her?)
Hachikuji - Very well then. I'll be less alert with you.
Araragi - That will make things easier
Hachikuji - Then, beastly man
Araragi - BEASTLY MAN? (he shakes a fist at her, not 5 seconds after declaring himself harmless hahaha) Who are you calling that?
Hachikuji - He's yelling at me, i'm so scared

well that cold war ended rather comically. I love how he gets into a brawl with a little girl, then triumphantly gloats about winning

Araragi - You're so stupid! Did you think that an elementary school student could beat a highschool student?!

hahahaha! -There was a figure of a man... who fought an elementary school kid, threw her over his back with all his might, and was boasting about his victory from the bottom of his heart, despite the fact that he was in highschool. - hahaha!
Actually, that's me (laughter cuts off)

Man, i remember when i first watched this ep when it aired and just being floored with how funny that "loli-beatdown" was played. I mean the whole scene is just perfectly timed comedy gold of what is essentially child abuse. The whole interaction with Hitagi right after is just gold.

~this ep was just about as entertaining as a 23 minute episode in 1 location with nothing but dialogue can possibly be. and i loved every minute of it.

ep 4
we open "in medi res" with meme telling araragi that Hachikuji is a "lost snail," then a timeleap back to a little while earlier from where ep 3 ended.

I don't even know where to start, i just started laughing around the PTA bit, and didn't stop through him giving her money to tell him what the adress was.

we hit the mystery here about the lost snail... with Hachikuji complaining she can never get home to her mother, and senjougahara being unable to even use GPS to find it. they split up with Senjougahara taking araragi's bike and heading to talk to oshino (who doesn't have a phone), while araragi stays behind with Hachikuji. Senjougahara makes it clear that she refuses to stay behind with the girl and takes off. I love this whole little chain of events. they fly by quickly, but they're well done.

araragi really has moments where he's a bit of a creeper... i mean the whole "sit closer and i'll buy you icecream" was just wow... weird.. then he reaches out to pat her head i guess... she bites him (i don't blame her, he's a bit touchy feely with her) and he promptly 2 hit kos her for loli-beatdown no.2! he even almost gloats about it again, only to say no... it feels empty.

"there stood a high school boy, who for selfish reasons had twice beaten an elementary school girl unconscious, and had gotten all nihilistically worked up about it.

Actually, that's still me."

then we have hanekawa show up, who, unlike senjougahara takes right away to Hachikuji, but what kills me, is she just watched Araragi beat this little girl down, with 2 punches and she scolds the girl for biting him, and doesn't scold araragi for beating her down so viciously, no, she scolds him for NOT lecturing her on WHY she was beaten down... i don't know why but i find this train of thought both disturbing and hilarious at the same time. she also quickly hits on the idea senjougahara and araragi are dating, it's a pretty cute and short visit for the "class reps of class reps"

this leads us back to the scene the ep started with, with Araragi consulting Oshino, through Senjougahara's cell phone... that whole conversation cracks me up, and the display on araragi's phone is unique enough.

these are 2 entertaining episodes back to back to say the least.

I hardly expected it to, with it being so wordy and all.... dialogue-y. So much text. The only thing that I've watched as of late that came close to this is Trapeze, both are stuff that I shouldn't enjoy as much as I do.
Damn this for making me think of other stuff to compare it to. Brilliant, and gotta get to 3/4 sometime today.

And instead of crunching down, it gnaws on you. Gnaw gnaw gnash grind, without applying the pressure for a crunch.

The dialogue is the best part of Bakemonogatari.

As to the text, that's just a shaft/Shinbo thing. They love their flashes of text. You don't have to worry about the signs during the eps if you don't like pausing every few seconds, but the ones at the start of each episode are pretty helpful since they give you some background/history on the events taking place (ie additional context from the novels). If you use MPC just step the frame [ctrl+right].

I'm sure there's a place you can find on google that has all the backstory signs written out.

As people could have already guessed by my avatar, I love this show. Pretty much everything about it really, the wordy, clever conversations, the characters, the quirkiness of the animation. The only thing I did not like was having to wait for the last few episodes to be completed. I'm looking forward to more of the same in Kizumonogatari whenever that's due out.

the next 3 eps (arc) is where this series is made or broken for most people. if you're going to love this series the next arc will be a good one. if you're going to have issues with the series you'll likely have issues with this arc.

My expectations are at Dialogue x2 + Hardly any scenery change + fast text + dialogue + Slow. Double for slow.

The dialogue is the best part of Bakemonogatari.

As to the text, that's just a shaft/Shinbo thing. They love their flashes of text. You don't have to worry about the signs during the eps if you don't like pausing every few seconds, but the ones at the start of each episode are pretty helpful since they give you some background/history on the events taking place (ie additional context from the novels). If you use MPC just step the frame [ctrl+right].

I'm sure there's a place you can find on google that has all the backstory signs written out.

Damn Shaft, and it's giving me another deja vu moment. I'm either going to go for the Google option, as it seems simple and will somehow turn out to be time consuming or let the episodes tell me what's what and be surprised when it's revealed.

Kruszer, everything i have seen says spring 2012 at the earliest....

as long as it's done in my lifetime i'm cool.

Episode 3

For today's speedy Shaft text, I zoned out on the last, which was slow. What a punk move.

Thrown-away dog corpse, love her and reminds me of Seraphim from Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?. And.... stuff happened. Dialogue in a playground and movement on all the stuff there. With talking and stuff. Some things about the main, problems and a lost girl with a backpack half her size.

But that fight at the end was fun, and all the abuse that was dealt.

Don't have much to say as usual but still some good stuff and great dialogue. I'll remember this for that and Senjougahara-san.

first thank for the one that recommended that fansub
i just sow ep 3 and 4, sorry im a lill behind, the download is slow

the 3'ep was talking, and is was amazing
hitagi is a very interesting character
and the guy hair is like its having its own life, it expresses his feeling more than the face, if you want to know how he feels at one point look at the hair, jumpy hair

ep 4
we have the kid, the fight was epic, he actually beat someone younger than him, plus it was a girl
hitagi was so cute when she said that he can blame her for going to far, but he said that he wont blame her for that small stuff

I am horribly sorry guys. I am having some problems with my video players on the internet. I will download the episodes like you said to watch them. Also i am almost about to reach my internet limit so i can't go all out. Don't worry i will catch up soon but i apologize for not being able to contribute to the discussion. Will do so in my next post (a few hours at most)

Well first thoughts on this series. Let me try to put it into words...

Confused, love it, confused, PANTIES!!!, beautiful, creative

I only finished the first 5 episodes and i don't really know how to say this but i love the show, yet feel it is a bit slow paced and "bothersome". The animation is spectacular but i find the addition of real 3D shots a bit annoying(maybe that is whats bothering me), but they do give a really cool feel to the whole thing. As for the characters, they couldn't have been better. I have yet to come across a single cliche i hate. My fav has got to be Senjogahara, with her calm attitude and ability to make a head shot with a stapler and that epic nickname of "Tsundere-chan"

Honestly, i am confused as to what is going on and what the actual story is but i can't stop watching. There is something so refreshing in this anime.

I owe you all one, two, three, four all episodes, first week of Uni was something but I'll do my best to catch up.

I owe you all one, two, three, four all episodes, first week of Uni was something but I'll do my best to catch up.

Relax take you time. First week of uni can be hell i know :P Though i myself am going next year, most of my friends who did go are pretty stressed out. I finished the series and i have got to say it was beyond wonderful. I freakin loved it all the way (except for a few little scenes).

hello there, been gone for a while, and im behind with i think 4 eps, ive seen till ep10

in the last episodes that i sow i miss hitagi, she does not appear much in them, but the story is still amazing
and as expected of a monster story, the monsters came out

id like to say more, but im so damn tired to think of anything

but ill just say, this show is captivating, refreshing, different from what ive seen until now
the animation is amazing , the characters are good, enjoyable, you feel the dynamics of the show

That face Hanekawa made when she began to cry just pulled at my heart... i am not much for romance and all of that but that face was pure awesome. I don't think any other show has such beautiful character designs.

I also loved the ending too. I wish there could be a second season to this. The only thing i regret about it is

that they didn't show Senjoghara and Araragi "get together" during that time when they were lying under the stars... hell, even a hug would be more than enough

I'm not one for too much romantic fluff but sometimes it is just needed.

That face Hanekawa made when she began to cry just pulled at my heart... i am not much for romance and all of that but that face was pure awesome. I don't think any other show has such beautiful character designs.

I also loved the ending too. I wish there could be a second season to this. The only thing i regret about it is

that they didn't show Senjoghara and Araragi "get together" during that time when they were lying under the stars... hell, even a hug would be more than enough

I'm not one for too much romantic fluff but sometimes it is just needed.

there is a 2nd season coming out in January done by shaft. It will be called Nisemonogatari, and will pick up the story after a little time skip from the end of Bakemonogatari. The movie (which is the prequel to Bakemonogatari) will also be released in January, it's called Kizumonogatari; and it will cover Araragi's turning into a vampire, and how he turned back.

They announced it this last week.

wait, i thought they were doing the prequel?
<read read read>
the prequel's gonna be a movie and we get a sequel too?

fuck yeah!!!!!

there is a 2nd season coming out in January done by shaft. It will be called Nisemonogatari, and will pick up the story after a little time skip from the end of Bakemonogatari. The movie (which is the prequel to Bakemonogatari) will also be released in January, it's called Kizumonogatari; and it will cover Araragi's turning into a vampire, and how he turned back.

They announced it this last week.

2012, what a beautiful year to look to. Not only are my favorite games coming out, but sequels and prequels of some of my favorite animes. This news about Bakemonogatari is well received...ahh who am i kidding? I am freakin pumped about it! :smile:

Damn Mayans, why did the end of the world have to be 2012? Meh who cares? I'll be able to watch both the sequel and prequel of Bakemonogatari long before i burn to ashes

Relax take you time. First week of uni can be hell i know :P Though i myself am going next year, most of my friends who did go are pretty stressed out. I finished the series and i have got to say it was beyond wonderful. I freakin loved it all the way (except for a few little scenes).

Things slowed down a bit, plenty of catch up reading to be done but aside from wrapping up Tiger & Bunny and catching up with Baka to Test Nii, this is on the top of my list now.
And I had to do the Popee MM. As a Popee Believer it was my civic maniac duty.

Episodes 4/5

What a sad smile conclusion to the arc. She makes it back home but vanishes, after all the fun times that were had. The fights throughout and her trying to bite Araragi in the last episode of the arc with her chomping her teeth was so adorable! This one was fun, the dialogue between whoever was there and the reveal of how Hitagi couldn't see Hachikuji, the snail and how it tied with Araragi, too many AR's and all the little stuff added with the dialogue and that phone made it more fun than it should have been.

This shouldn't be fun. It should be serious stuff with all the talking, and I'll never get over that. I'll miss Hachikuji, the dame in the next arc had better be good.

Hitagi's perfect as usual.
Bit short for this one but it's the closest I've gotten to wrapping up my thoughts on this last pair.

Back