My-Hime

K

Kagari

[sadht]My-Hime[/sadht][sadhl=782]my-hime[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Discuss about this new series!

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 1 was cool.

What worries me is the excessive fan service. It looks like episode 2 will be just that. This show looks like it has the potential for an awesome story if they do it right. The first fight rocked and if there will be more to go with a good story then the cheap fan service can be tolerated.

I'd give episode 1 a B. :smile:

I am perfectly OK with all the fanservice they can dish out. After the 1st episode I'm really looking forward to this. Animation was great and the character designs also gorgeous. The only thing that I didn't get into too quickly was the music but I'm sure that will grow on me as well.

episode 1
[spoiler:0311b03cf2] I really like watching that little girl swing that big ass sword. She has to spin like 2 times just to swing it and then she always whinds up on her ass after every swing hilarious. [/spoiler:0311b03cf2]

Yeah this seems like a pretty good start for a good show. The animation seems to be done well, very nice. The fight scene was good too. They also put in a lot of small special effects that don't have to be there but still are, extra points for that. In my case I love this kind of music :D so that's a plus. Character design is good. I love the girl with hotdog hair, I mean hotdog hair XD, what will they think of next, lol. Fan service is not in your face so that's pretty good too. We'll just have to see how the story goes. At least they got the earths gravity down.

I give it a 9 out of 10 for an opening episode. Yes 9 the opening song sucks, ending song is nice though.

Cool episode I can't wait to see more.

i just gotta say.. yuki kajiura and minami kuribayashi are a fukn great pair. yuki kajiura (composer: hack sign, madlax, noir, etc) and minami kuribayashi singing (remember the insert song in KgNE "hoshizora no waltz", yes the one i listened to over and over, but never cared for the anime). just those two people will keep me hooked on.

This will definitely be a series I'm hoping to keep up with.

Episode 1 was highly enjoyable [spoiler:f5de52f48e]especially that girl swinging that big sword[/spoiler:f5de52f48e]

The fanservice seems pretty subtle to me. I didn't bother watching the preview for the next episode (I find myself watching them less and less), but I hope it's not total fanservice like Chrono said.

Ah well, can only wait and see.

I also hope that the show doesn't focus too much on fan service when it has so much going for it in the action department. For quite possibly the first time in anime, they actually had a person whom used a big-ass sword fight in a way which reflects the weight of it. I mean, in Berserk the movements don't make the sword seem heavy in the least bit while, even if he's strong enough to weild it, his swinds shouldn't bee as fluid as they are. Ok, I'll stop now before I go completely off topic.

Am looking forward to the second episode. The characters were introduced nicely in the first episode and the story seems promising. Liked the animation, character design and fight sequence. However the fanservice could do with some downtime.

Some of the fanservice in My Hime felt forced, like ok we've got this much time budget for it, so let's make sure we use it all up, will just drop one scene here and another one there.

I prefer if fanservice was done in such a way that you expected it of the characeter so it flowed smoothly with the story (for example Full Metal Panic 2 and Blue Seed).

Is Mai-Hime based on a manga, game or is it an original production? Does anybody know?
Don't mind me calling it Mai instead of My.

episode 2:
Introductions, plot building and minor background on Mai. (cliff hanger :...: )

Episode 2 makes me wonder about the motives and loyalties of the characters as each hidden faction (and maybe even the characters themselves??) seems to have it's own agenda.

I really like the way they draw the faces in this show. And the girl getting thrown around by her sword, of course ^_^.

Episode 4

SunRise delivers another highly enjoyable episode.
Only 1 minor comment. :)
If I where a girl I would have worn my bathing suit. (you'll know what I mean if you've watched ep 4.)

ep 6

O.o? Why in gods name do they have to put in a
super hero wannebe that is sooo over the top it make me go hmmm =_='''
That was not funny even as a joke. It's scary. I was ok until she brought out her child, it went down hill from there.

So how is this series holding up? I just looked at AnimeSuki and it's getting nearly as many shares as Naruto (whoa!). So, is there actually a story here (KGNE-ish) or more like Ikkitousen (lives on Fights & Fanservice)??

If I had to make comparisons, I would say something like kiddy grade only a lot less fanservice, though it does have some moments like ep 04 or first ep. And there is definitely a story.

I've only watched the first 2 so far but it's pretty decent. Definitely worth watching in my opinion.

Back