Fruits Basket

I've always had the urge to watch this, but I hate the art style.. and for me to enjoy something, it has to be at least likeable, to me. u_u

After a while you will get used to it. I was the same, I always thought it was a bit off, but then a few episodes in and you are hooked

If you dont watch this then your missing a great series...I also would love it if they remade this series to match the manga like brotherhood and hellsing did.

I loved this anime, but I too would like to see a lot more, particularily in regards to the other zodiac animals and the ending. I haven't read the manga yet, but I want to... no idea when that will happen though...

I didn't really feel the last couple episodes were too different, there have been bits building up to it within the happy fluffiness and it felt like a natural progression.
A bit more specific with the Kyo thing, it does get a little darker there, I suppose... the afraid vibe that you get from Tohru at first when she runs away, it just kinda seems like you would expect him to eat her soul or something, but the acceptance itself lifts it all up, I think.

I found the ending to be a happy one and I liked it, but would have definitely preferred to see the rest of the zodiac and a bit more relationship-wise.
I still wish there would have been more seasons to this as well... hopefully I'll have a chance in the reasonably near future to finally check out the manga xD

After a while you will get used to it. I was the same, I always thought it was a bit off, but then a few episodes in and you are hooked

I agree with this, there were some things that bugged me about the animation at first, but I got sucked in pretty quick, regardless. :)

I finished this anime a couple days ago, and it was wonderful! At first I had a "really?" kind of feeling towards it after a friend suggested I watch it. After I saw the first couple episodes, I couldn't stop watching it. It is so precious. It reminded me a lot of Beauty and the Beast in a odd way that I totally loved. Definitely heartfelt and beautiful; I'd suggest it to everyone.

I loved this anime it was really sweet and cute. I am kind of sad that they will not make a season two.
From my understanding it is because they showed Akito's chest Spoiler Alert: Akito in the manga is female. If anyone wants more of fruit basket I recommend reading the manga it is amazing and gives everyone even Akito a happy ending.
If you liked the anime check out the manga.

Last edited by a moderator:
no matter how many times i watch this i can not help but think about how har he laughe when he found out she was homeless like amn thats about to be his next book

So, who's excited for the new anime adaption? It's apparently a reboot that will cover the full story. Meaning the first half will be redone, and the second half will finally be animated. =)

I am so happy and elated this story is finally getting an entire adaptation of the manga. The animation looks like it will be amazing and the storyline will strictly follow the manga. Meaning, we will be able to watch the story unfold without reading the manga. I have planned to read the manga but have not gotten around to it, so I look forward to the new series. This is a classic and deserves this new adaptation.

I am really excited!!! I wasn't too thrilled with the old one because of the animation, but the new one looks great... and it'll follow the whole manga! I wonder how many episodes it will have!

I LOVED the original and yes, I am very excited about the reboot but....I do have high expectations

Liking the artwork they've shown on the twitter account so far.

DsX8u4JUcAEr8GS.png

I watched fruit basket a few months ago and really hoped for a new season to complete the story in animation, but i didn’t thought it was gonna happend!! Gyaah i can’t wait to see it!! >3< <33 I decided to re-watch the anime while i’m waiting 0w0

I've just heard rumors that it'll be aired in April, but can't find an actual source. Does anyone know if it's true?

I've just heard rumors that it'll be aired in April, but can't find an actual source. Does anyone know if it's true?

Seen nothing in the official twitter and the official website only has some sort of event celebrating the anime listed for march.

https://twitter.com/fruba_PR
https://fruba.jp/

EDIT: (Jan 18)

Twitter confirmed April will be when the start airing Fruits Basket! OwO

Last edited:
the anime fruits basket I used to watch reminds of Pandora hearts anime and Ouran high school lol which isn't bad the storyline for the anime

Fruits Basket (2001)

Nice shoujo. Tooru Honda your kindness is priceless.

With a humor similar to Ouran Host Club, the series deals with the importance of the feelings we all have, which we should express and not ignore them, both our own and those of others.

To feel appreciated and forge better relationships with each other.

Recomended: 6/10

Last edited:
Back